Author Topic: Your Background  (Read 72995 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: Your Background
« Reply #345 on: November 05, 2009, 05:23:32 PM »
Sweet! Glad we can have you here, vegetathalas! I look forward to reading your stuff!
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Frog

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • "Have a popover, Froggie!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 05, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »
*hugs*

Welcome!
I've already conquered the world. This is exactly the way I want it.

clarissavandell

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 05, 2009, 07:57:28 PM »
Well.

I go by Clarissa, and I am utterly obsessed with writing.

I write stories with a hint of fantasy, to stories about aliens wielding magical swords.

Alas, I really get busy, and lately I haven't been writing as much....  Maybe it's because I'm online... no, that can't be it... ;D

I am trying to revamp a novel I've been working on for some time now.  Yes, it is the one with aliens and swords.

No stories published yet, unless you count the literary magazine at  my high school. 

And, like vegetathalus, the ending currently is bad.  So that is the main goal of my writing.

Frog

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 05, 2009, 08:10:21 PM »
That sounds like fun. I'll look forward to seeing it.

*tries desperately to get off shiney internet and keep typing*

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #349 on: November 05, 2009, 08:11:36 PM »
Aliens with magic swords? Awesome.

Have I added you to the email list, Clarissa? If not, send me a PM.

EDIT: Nevermind, you just did! Silly me :)

clarissavandell

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 05, 2009, 10:11:06 PM »
No problem!   :D

Looking forward to critiquing!  And reading your critiques, of course.

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #351 on: November 06, 2009, 06:04:24 AM »
Welcome. I am the gatekeeper. You have three chances to answer my question. If you fail, you will be outcast from Reading Excuses FOR ETERNITY. Also, your soul will be forfeit and you will burn in hell FOR ETERNITY. You cannot withdraw, or I will follow and bore you with my inane drivel FOR ETERNITY. These are the rules, and they cannot be broken.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Frog

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 06, 2009, 06:11:09 AM »
You cannot withdraw, or I will follow and bore you with my inane drivel FOR ETERNITY.
Of the three, that's the only one that is truly frightening. But then you didn't even ask them a question....
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 06:16:33 AM by Frog »

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #353 on: November 06, 2009, 09:49:41 PM »
But then you didn't even ask them a question....
I do not see your point.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

lethalfalcon

• Level 5
  • Why won't insomnia leave me alone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 08, 2009, 09:52:47 PM »
Alex, I'll take "Madman rant" for 500. :)

I've just been added to the list, so I figured I'd post my background in case one of my oddish scenes makes it to your inbox.

I've been writing off and on since I was about 7. High school gave me a lot of spare time to write, although everything produced during that period is... something only a mother could love.  I primarily write what most would term epic fantasy. For loose definitions of the word epic. I occasionally dabble in sci-fi.  A lot of it depends on what my dreaming kicks up. I've been lucid dreaming for about as long as I can remember, and my subconscious does a better job coming up with ideas than I do by far. It just needs a pen name, and a neural uplink, and it'll take over the world.

Lately I've been attempting to write again, with one of my friends on a collaborative work, using NaNoWriMo as an excuse to actually put words on paper. So far, it's going decently well (though I'm way short of the mark for the contest). I look forward more to critiquing other peoples' works than by having my own butchered by your cruel, hurtful truths (j/k).

Oh, and I go by falcon, lethalfalcon, lethal, shmuck, that guy over there, and Josh.
I don't have good days. I have great days, where I'm a magician ridding the world of all evil, or at least everything I don't like. And then I wake up, and it's back to work for me.

JustinCarmony

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 08, 2009, 02:49:34 AM »
Well, I've been added to the list as well, and I thought I should go ahead and introduce myself. My name is Justin, and I am a full time web developer & designer.  I live in Ogden, UT with my lovely wife, where we just bought our first home. I love my job, it offers a great deal of challenges

As for writing, I first started while in Jr. High. I played a video game called “The Realm” online where I found of group of players who role-played in a “Free-Form” RP chat. I ended up RPing with that group of individuals for several years. We would RP our “sagas” via the Forums, where I had several characters who went on all sorts of adventures. This is where I gained my first love of writing. Several of the players still continue to RP every now and then. I have characters that have over ten years of history now, and it’s been a lot of fun.

Over the years I’ve been playing around with different ideas for different characters, stories, worlds, and such.  I’m trying to get back into writing as a source of letting off my creativity. I’ve been documenting & writing my notes now for a while, and hopefully I will have a few chapters here soon to share. I’m a firm believer in honest feedback, as I use it every day with work. Hopefully I can get some good feedback and direction from the rest of the group, as well as give some back.

Thanks, and looking forward to reading all of your own works.

vegetathalas

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • Jenn's World
« Reply #356 on: December 08, 2009, 05:35:08 AM »
Welcome and good luck, Justin! I know how hard it can be to return to writing fantasy after a hiatus...I've been having to read all these new authors because the fantasy books I grew up with are old, old, old.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #357 on: December 08, 2009, 06:42:50 AM »
Justin -

My love of writing came from RPing, too. Forum RPing, in my case. All the crafting of plotlines made me want to work on my own. Good to see I'm not the only one who got into writing that way!

Dark_Prophecy

• Level 4
  • Sweep Sweep Sweep, all day long!
    • View Profile
    • The Intelli-Gent Reviews
« Reply #358 on: December 27, 2009, 10:28:53 AM »
Well, my name is Bryce. I'm currently working nights putting my wife through her Masters at Utah State in Logan. I have a lot of time on my hands, and I've always had a dabbling curiosity in writing, so I think that now might be my time to really get something off the ground.

I don't remember the last anything I wrote that was longer than 10 pages typed, so I suppose I'm a noob when it comes to fiction writing. I've taken some creative writing classes, and enjoyed them, but I don't imagine I'll learn all that much until I jump in and just write something of novel length.

Currently, I'm working on a young adult fantasy about a part-time guardian angel that has no title, so I'm just calling it "Part-Time Angel," and I just got an idea for a second novel having to do with magic being linked to specific dates. I've got maybe 15 pages of Part Time Angel finished, and hopefully I'll get to share those with you soon. And that's all there is to know about me!  ;)...well, there's a lot more, but I ain't telling!
I like basketball, hanging out with my friends, reading, slamming a garbage can into a pimp or two with magical heavenly powers. You know, teenager stuff.

Recovering_Cynic

• Level 13
  • Except vampires. Vampires suck.
    • View Profile
    • my livejournal
« Reply #359 on: December 28, 2009, 06:24:25 AM »
Welcome Dark Prophecy!  Glad to have you.  We don't bite.  Much.
this is the way the world ends,
not with a bang, but a whimper
~T.S. Eliot