Author Topic: Your Background  (Read 87422 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: Your Background
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »
That's what I was thinking would be totally awesome.  But who knows, we shall see.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2008, 10:58:04 PM »
I've never done this before but I'll probably put in a few posts.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Necroben

• Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2008, 12:11:50 AM »
I've noticed The Wedding seems to have taken a Dark, almost Gothic, turn.  This is actually kinda fun, I've never done something like this before. ;D
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Hayley

• Level 6
  • Things are meant to be the way they're gonna be
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2008, 12:14:10 AM »
Oh... wow.... There's like... a wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D
"The rats on the street
They dance around my feet
They seem to say" Hayley "It's up to yooooou!"

Duel! All the cool kids are doing it!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2008, 12:44:45 AM »
Oh this wedding is goning to be great. I am already drunk and nothing has happened yet.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Necroben

• Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2008, 12:51:14 AM »
I know right, is this cool or what? :D

Sorry, my geeky-ness is starting to show...doh!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 12:55:28 AM by GreenNecrobeanCasserole »

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2008, 04:19:30 AM »
I've never done an RP, but I think the first person is nice. I imagine that it WOULD get confusing in a chat, but with a forum, it makes it more interesting and involving. It's easier to imagine that we're actually there and experiencing this wedding between two of our members....*tear* it's so nice.

On a side-note, I wasn't sure what I wanted to be in it, and then I realized we didn't have anything about the Evil Laughing Chorus, and I knew that they HAD to make an appearance.....Therefore, I found my calling within this RP, and I think it's rather fabulous.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2008, 04:23:33 AM »
For everyone who's never done this before, it's rather simple.  You pretty much just write a story with (at least in this situation) yourself as a character.  The only real rule is that you can't "god-mode" which means you can't control another person's character.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Necroben

• Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2008, 04:27:13 AM »
For everyone who's never done this before, it's rather simple.  You pretty much just write a story with (at least in this situation) yourself as a character.  The only real rule is that you can't "god-mode" which means you can't control another person's character.

Oh good.  I almost broke that rule without even knowing it.  I thought it might be too much trouble and decided to go another route.  Are there any other rules or guide-lines us NooBs should know?

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2008, 04:41:45 AM »
Nope, I think that's the only rule really.  At least for our situtation.  When you do these type of things with other people you can get very specific in your settings, and have rules to follow as a result of setting, but I think for us it will be more fun to just leave it open.

Necroben

• Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2008, 04:53:29 AM »
This is lots fun.  I tried it out a little a long time ago, but it never went anywhere (I don't even remember where now) so I wasn't sure of rules or anything.  I just figured it would be bad manners to hijack someone like that.

Danger: that was quite clever to take the opening I left.
(I was originally going to kill that guy, but I think it worked out better this way)
This is way more fun like this! :D

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2008, 10:06:02 PM »
I also like having an open thread where we can talk about the RP while it isn't in the RP. As a first timer my self I find that conversation isn't very easy.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2008, 10:13:38 PM »
Genrally if you want to talk about something ooc (out of character) you just put it in parethsis (or double perenthsis if you feel the need.  I've never seen the reason, but to each their own.)  Some of the other stuff I've seen is things like:

*I walked up to Monsta, and hold out my hand*  Hi, how are you?  ::I really hope that he doesn't think I'm weird::

It's really something that's decided by the person who starts the rp as to what symbols mean what (for example, above * means action (which is the reason I always use them as such around here) and :: means thoughts.)  There's no real set standard.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2008, 10:17:06 PM »
That makes sense.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2008, 11:04:17 PM »
I never really understood the need for weird symbols in a forum RP. In a chat, sure, but in forum RP you're just writing prose. You wouldn't use * * or :: in prose. Why do it here?