Poll

who would win in a fight

keliser
20 (83.3%)
Zane
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: who would win in a fight  (Read 2255 times)

echigo109

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
who would win in a fight
« on: November 18, 2008, 02:40:54 AM »
After reading " best MB character"  it had both kel and Zane on it so, who would win, they both have the same amount of metals in the same quanity

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: who would win in a fight
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 02:58:58 AM »
Question: Does Zane have his spike?

The answer doesn't really change my opinion, because I'm going with Kell. Zane's really good, but Kell showed just how proficient he is in his battle with the Inquisitor. Zane's good, but I don't think he's as good as an Inquisitor--not saying he couldn't beat one though. We obviously don't know if he could or not.

Yeah. So my vote goes for Kell.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

echigo109

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 03:14:05 AM »
Question: Does Zane have his spike?
yes Zane has his spike

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 05:22:26 AM »
I would vote with Kelsier. And yes, I am obviously biased against Zane.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 09:57:35 AM »
I'm throwing my vote for Kelsier as well.

Go Kell!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 02:42:00 PM »
You know I think this one comes down to motivation and character. Kelsier was a very driven individual, he was a man who would stop at nothing to accomplish his goal and in the right circumstance those factors alone can be enouph to change the ballance in an unbalanced fight. I say unbalanced because Zane did have a spike and we saw his abilities with it displayed with his uncanny skill with his steel pushes. The problem is that Zane was almost apathetic. He didnt do most things because he was driven, except when it came to Vin.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 03:26:06 PM by PlantationMonsta »
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 03:21:35 PM »
Kell, hands down. I agree with the "he killed an inquisitor" logic. At the beggining of HoA it takes Vin and Elend to take down an inquisitor and not easily, whereas vin defeated zane on her own, and without atium. Sure, she "tricked" him in a manner of speaking, but what Kell lacked in power, he easily made up for in skill and tricks! Zane thought himself TOO much in control of the situation at all times, IMO.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 04:56:29 PM »
I also went with Kelsier.  Zane and Kelsier are very similar.  Both were ruthless in their own right.  Neither was really afraid to die, and they were both crazy, as far as I'm concerned.  They were also both experts at Steel pushing (although Zane's was fabricated), so in the end it would come down to adaptability.  I think Kelsier was able to adjust his style to fit the situation, while Zane too often used Atium as a crutch.  It would be a good fight, though.  I really liked the Zane character.  I think he represents what would have happened to Kelsier if he forgot how to smile.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 05:49:34 PM »
I really liked the Zane character. I think he represents what would have happened to Kelsier if he forgot how to smile.

Very well put Darx. I agree.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 06:05:44 PM »
I knew there was something I was forgetting in my argument. There was no doubt in my mind that Kell would win, yet I couldn't think of anything other than he beat the Inquisitor....Zane's ability is derived from his spike and his constant usage of Atium. He has no great skill outside of these.

In the fight against Cett, Vin didn't burn Atium at all, yet Zane did. Kell and Vin both never had a lot of Atium, yet they were able to accomplish a lot. I mean, it took Vin AND Elend to completely take down that Inquisitor in HoA. Granted, that Inquisitor was more powerful than the one Kell fought, but Kell still did it alone.

Did he have Atium? I think he did, but I can't remember exactly.

Regardless, Zane never fought Vin with Atium. If he had, he would've been killed a LOT faster and Vin wouldn't have been injured. At all. I think a Kell vs. Zane fight would be similar. Zane may be able to get a few swipes in, but most of it's gonna come from Kell. Zane would be out of his league with an opponent who also has Atium.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 06:14:44 PM »
Zane would be out of his league with an opponent who also has Atium.

honestly, i agree with that fully. It's not that he was unskilled or weak, it's just that he relied on it way too much. He always seemed to make sure he was the only one with atium in any situation, and pretty much burned it non-stop.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 06:23:31 PM »
Exactly. He wasn't unskilled. We can tell that from his and Vin's little battles all across Luthadel--particularly the one on Keep Hasting before Cett was there. He just relied on Atium too much and considered himself invincible. Kell, while arrogant, knew he could be beaten. That left him with room to improve.

Plus, when someone knows their life is in danger and they don't want to die, they fight back doubly hard. Zane, thinking he's invincible, would never really think he'd die. Therefore, he wouldn't get that "protect your life with all costs" ferocious fighting. That's another distinct disadvantage for him.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 08:09:50 PM »
You cant base your argument on Zanes fight against Vin. I mean do you honestly think that Kell could have beaten Vin in a fight at the time she fought Zane. I dont. I think that Zane and Kell were very closely matched.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 08:23:08 PM »
Kelsier beat a full 11-spiked Inquisitor. Zane with his single spike beating the Survivor? I don't think so.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 08:48:01 PM »
My main argument for Zane would be that (Even before she drew on the Mists) Vin could take out Inquisitors a LOT easier than Kell ever could, and yet she struggled to defeat Zane . . . so I think that Zane would win, no matter how much we would rather have Kell win.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。