Author Topic: Questions, problems and ideas  (Read 8797 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: Questions, problems and ideas
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 08:00:08 PM »
*sigh* I guess.  I mean, it's going to be such a pain to go through and fix all of my chapters, but oh well.  *peace*
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 08:05:46 PM »
Well, it's not a huge deal. If you want to do the underlines, feel free to do so. It's not incredibly productive to go back and change it. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't require underlines to be used.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 08:08:27 PM »
No, I was teasing about the font size thing.  I've been typing everything at 10 pt.  I agree that it should be a personal choice thing for underline/italics.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Flo_the_G

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 08:13:28 PM »
I don't care either way, I'll be reading your stuff on my fancy eReader anyway, which blatantly disregards all formatting options. 8)

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 08:30:48 PM »
*ahem*ctrl+A, change font size...
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 10:57:11 PM »
*ahem*ctrl+A, change font size...

Likely the major problem she is having is that she wrote chapter titles in a bigger size than the rest or something like that.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 11:46:48 PM »
Pfft. Chapter titles. Who needs 'em?  ;)
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.

jjb

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 01:51:25 AM »
Or maybe she was just being sarcastic.

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 02:17:38 AM »
Sarcasm? I'm unfamiliar with the term. Perhaps it is a corruption of Latin sor and chasma? I am uncertain what a deep rift has to do with our discussion. Was she being rude and trying to end this conversation by becoming a deep rift, thereby spreading our posts and us as a group further apart? I must find out more about this sorchasmal paradox. It has split my mind. On one side I believe you are actually talking about tearing off my flesh, but on the other I just think that there's a separation between us.

I say we submit in webdings. It's a code unbreakable by even the most knowledgeable security expert.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2008, 04:34:48 PM »
Sorry everyone, I've been having a lot of problems.  I'm running a few weeks behind.  I might be able to have something to submit by the end of next week though.

EDIT - Oh, I just read that I don't have to submit until the fifteenth. ha ha.  Sorry about that.  Yeah, I should have something by then.  I just suddenly got a bunch of e-mails and was like. . .ah crap! ha ha.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 04:36:37 PM by miyabi »
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2008, 04:55:36 PM »
Same here. Turned on my PDA, and it went crazy downloading all the emails and attachments into Outlook. ^^ This looks like it's going to be fun.
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 01:16:20 AM »
This is going to be buried pretty soon, http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6252.0
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 03:59:03 AM »
I believe Chaos PMed Fell about us not actually being able to pin things and stuff, so we'll just have to wait and see for the moment. I kind of hate to pester them...

Manyang

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2008, 05:14:50 PM »
Since this seems the place to ask questions, I'll add mine here.

Looking at the boards I see six threads on stories I haven't read. One of those was due to the docx format and the converter patch not working on my vista 64 system, but that leaves five stories that I simply didn't receive in the mail.
Where those stories sent out to only a limited amount of people, or is it due to technical issues that I didn't receive them?

Karl

• Level 5
  • Rolling. Speed. Scene one, take one. ACTION!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 05:26:37 PM »
All stories should have been sent to everyone. If you let us know which ones you are missing we can request they be resent.

Hmmm... now you've got me wondering if I received them all as well... I have 8 saved, but may have a couple more still attached to emails. I'll check.
"When I came to this town five years ago I didn't have a nickle in my pocket. Now I have a nickle in my pocket."