Author Topic: The Rules Of Reading Excuses  (Read 11551 times)

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: The Rules Of Reading Excuses
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2008, 06:57:21 PM »
Good, you picked up on that. I used "guideline" in exactly that sense--to pay homage to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Instead of stringing up your toes, we just start all laughing maniacally. In unison. Sort of like a full choir of evil laughs. Your brain explodes under that kind of pressure. :D

Sweet (I say this long and drawn out, like Saweeeeet...or something to that effect). I will gladly join the chorus of evil laughers. It shall be fun.

...Seriously, though. I was just thinking. What would it be like to come across a group of people who spontaneously start to laugh evilly in unison?...I honestly have no idea how I would react. Would I run? Or just stand there in shock, thinking "what the heck?"
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Flo_the_G

• Level 6
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2008, 07:09:20 PM »
So do we set up a conference call in Skype for these purposes or how's that supposed to work? I guess we could mail each other recordings of our laughter in case we couldn't make the call...

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2008, 07:59:11 PM »
What, everytime someone misses a deadline, we set up a Skype conference and laugh at them? Evilly and in unison?

Dangerbutton

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2008, 08:02:11 PM »
Sounds cool to me

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2008, 08:04:01 PM »
Actually, we were thinking if anyone goes drastically over the 3500 word guideline...I say drastically over is "4000" words. Or when they break any major "guideline," but I guess missing a deadline works, too. This gives us more chances to practice our unison-evil-laugh.....You know the phrase "the more, the merrier"? In our case, it's "the more, the eviller"....or something like that.

Reading over that last part, it sounds lame....I'm tempted to delete it, but I'll keep it up in case someone gets a kick out of it....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2008, 08:11:22 PM »
Haha. I dunno, I'd be okay with 4000 words, though we probably shouldn't slam everybody with too much more than that...

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2008, 08:13:26 PM »
Oh, I'd be okay with 4000 words too, but that's what I get for having no life, and not caring about slacking off from school....I just want to use my evil laugh...and see how well we can unify our laughs. It could be a lot fun.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2008, 09:20:05 PM »
Actually, "drastically" over is 6000 :P
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2008, 09:25:53 PM »
Well, yeah, but if we waited for someone to do 6000, we'd NEVER get to laugh evilly in unison. That would be sad. See--- :'( That's a tear.... I'm just looking out for the group's interest.  ;) I'm nice like that....

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2008, 09:26:23 PM »
Out of common courtesy, lets try and keep it to around 3500-4000. I wont refuse to review a peice if it's larger, but I won't be happy about it, and frankly, unhappy readers are not what we want.
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2008, 09:31:13 PM »
What if I wanted to submit one that was 6000 just to see the outcome of the skype powered evil laughing chorus?
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2008, 09:35:07 PM »
I'd say be my guest. I'm curious what the outcome will be as well....

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2008, 09:37:49 PM »
Once again... Don't piss off your readers and peers. This community is a thing of courtesy, and if we don't maintain the courtesy, keep up that civility, the core of the community will rot.
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2008, 09:41:31 PM »
I take it Avalon won't be in the chorus, then, eh? Darn. We could use all the evil laughers we can get (not saying he's evil, but pretty much everyone has SOME version of an evil laugh, and we'll need lots of variety in this chorus...).

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2008, 09:57:12 PM »
I wouldn't even be that averse to a 6000 word submission (considering there's no deadline to deliver critiques) as long as it doesn't happen often. Sometimes things just happen to take that long.