Author Topic: The Rules Of Reading Excuses  (Read 11556 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: The Rules Of Reading Excuses
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 07:28:51 AM »
Well, that's only if the administrators don't already have someone in mind. I would think they don't, but I don't exactly know how much their lurk around every new post (I would put my money not "certainly not all of them", though).

Logically, it would follow that democracy would be the fairest way to go about it. (Once again, if the administrators have a problem with that idea, just shout it out)

One stipulation: It's not a matter of life or death who gets chosen. No fighting. Of course, this is a writing group, so some manner of cohesion is vital. I'm pretty sure everyone here already knew this, but it never hurts to make sure.

Nominations, then?
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 07:44:22 AM »
I nominate Raethe.
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 07:55:12 AM »
Honestly, I nominate Chaos.  Nothing aginst you Raethe, but he's been around twg a bit longer.  Plus, he was one of the major people in helping to create the basic set up of how everything is going to work.  And he has no life, so he wouldn't be distracted.  (J/k)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 07:59:12 AM by firstRainbowRose »
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 07:58:04 AM »
Honestly, I nominate Choas.  Nothing aginst you Raethe, but he's been around twg a bit longer.  Plus, he was one of the major people in helping to create the basic set up of how everything is going to work.  And he has no life, so he wouldn't be distracted.  (J/k)

It's spelled "Chaos" :P

Just a little fyi, lol.

EDIT: No, editing it doesn't count. You made me cry... *sniff*

And okay, I might have no life. That, or I just check for new posts on TWG with zealous efficiency (my computer chair is comfortable enough to study AND waste time!)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 08:01:31 AM by Chaos2651 »

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 08:00:37 AM »
I respectfully agree that Chaos has no life, and would like to point out that I would rather we didn't have 8600 word announcements... *pokes fun at Chaos*

J/k, man.
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 08:03:58 AM »
I respectfully agree that Chaos has no life, and would like to point out that I would rather we didn't have 8600 word announcements... *pokes fun at Chaos*

J/k, man.

If some people don't get that joke, that is because I wrote this massive theory topic for Hero of Ages before it came out. You know, a thing to get your theories set in stone before the book came out. Mine came out to 8600 words.

You can find it here, if you really want a long read: http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6132.0

(It's the one which makes the scrollbar more akin to a timeline.)

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 08:16:05 AM »
I couldn't really care less who actually ends up as mod to be honest. I don't mind doing it - I won't be on here all day every day but I can certainly be by every couple of days - but if Chaos wants to do it... or whoever... Yeah, my ambivalence is complete.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 08:21:45 AM »
Actually, Raethe, I'm equally ambivalent. Whoever gets modded will do a good job. I'm not opposed to anyone here.

That being said, I refresh the TWG page quite frequently. At the minimum, daily. At the maximum, several times per hour. I do have a pretty good handle on what's going happening. I'm quite single-minded once I get attached to a forum.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 08:30:31 AM »
So we won't get into huge massive flame wars over who gets to mod the forums. Instead, our discussions will look something more like...

"No, you go ahead. I don't mind."
"No really! It's okay! Go for it!"
"I assure you, it's perfectly fine if..."

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 08:32:37 AM »
I say we solve it in one of two ways:

poll where everyone choses, or (the more likely way to have it solved) just let the offical mods decide.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 08:37:14 AM »
So we won't get into huge massive flame wars over who gets to mod the forums. Instead, our discussions will look something more like...

"No, you go ahead. I don't mind."
"No really! It's okay! Go for it!"
"I assure you, it's perfectly fine if..."

It would be a very pleasant change of pace :D. Yeah, I would hate if there were flame wars. That's why I said:

One stipulation: It's not a matter of life or death who gets chosen. No fighting. Of course, this is a writing group, so some manner of cohesion is vital. I'm pretty sure everyone here already knew this, but it never hurts to make sure.

...Which is basically another way of saying "I really don't mind who gets it. No need to fight over it."

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 08:39:14 AM »
Haha. Yeah, I'd say let the official mods do it. That's what they're there for, isn't it? ;)

Polls work too I guess but I'm notorious on one of the forums I co-admin for not voting on polls...

The day I get into flame wars over who gets a mod a forum is the day I ASK the men in white coats to come take me away.

(Um... You can stay away for the moment, guys, really - it's okay...)

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 08:42:36 AM »
I'll gladly accept either of you, and whichever of you does make it, I'm here to give a hand where needed.

*Evil grin*

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 08:43:25 AM »
The same.  I might not be as available now then I was before since I start a second job tomorrow, however whenever I get the chance I'll definatly help out!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 02:06:07 AM »
Ok so seeing how I just read the rules I had a question or two. Now I haven't followed this board at all and frankly I didn't know it existed. For the record everyone knows Chaos has no life.

Anyway what does one have to do to become a member of your group?

Does a person have to submit writings to be able to read others writings and critique them?

If I want to lets say join and don't finish a writing in time for the deadline would I then be out of the group?
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"