Author Topic: What character would you put in The Wheel of Time?  (Read 4118 times)

melbatoast

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Shelfari Page
Re: What character would you put in The Wheel of Time?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 08:16:36 PM »
My choice, if I could afford the auction, would be one of the Malkieri Nynaeve are collecting. I love the story of the Malkieri and they have  strong reason to fight against the armies of the Dark One.

That is a cool idea. I hope we get to see more of the Malkieri in the last book.

Phaz, I think that was mentioned in the HOA thread. But if Hoid is already in the series, then there's nothing Brandon can do about it  ;)
"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." - Louisa May Alcott

Amalia

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 09:28:14 PM »
*sighs wistfully* My oldest char from WoT RPs, of course, Amalia Sedai of the Green (yes, I borrowed her name for the nick, it`s one I can remember ;) ). She is a little bit like Cadsuane, insofar as she doesn`t spend much time in the White Tower - she`s usually somewhere at the Blightborder, fighting the Blight - and often goes her own way. But she never bludgeones others into doing what she wants them to do unless it`s a really dangerous situation.
Except Moiraine and Siuan all older Aes Sedai have been fools in one way or the other, so focused on the White Tower and Daes Dae`mar and blinded by the power they have that they don`t really realize what happens in the world. Amalia was my attempt to write an Aes Sedai who is somwhat different from the stereotypical Aes Sedai, but still has a lot of Aes Sedai traits. She`s Shienaran - hence her fixation on fighting the Blight, a certain dislike of Daes Dae`mar and the deep conviction she`s not invincible - but she does keep a lot of things back, plays Daes Dae`mar after a fashion without realizing it, cares a lot for Aes Sedai dignity in general but is prepared to ignore all dignity when necessary and has some other contradicting character traits which make her quite a complex character even though she seems simple at first glance. That she became a living legend in the Borderlands was an unintended side effect of my having had too many threads at the Blightborder with rather spectacular fights and her having worn the shawl for more than a century...
Ah yeah, it would be really awesome to have her just mentioned in AMOL *gets starry-eyed*
www.portalstones.com The Wheel of Time turns and ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth and even myth is long forgotten when the age that gave it birth comes again...

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 03:11:06 AM »
I would put an arrogant pig who acctualy kicks the gangs butt and lets see name him Champion Kaz...
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 09:21:55 AM »
Twaslin Marlow, former gleeman from Andor turned Asha'man loyal to Rand.  He's young by gleeman standards, so he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder.  Somehow, he thinks things will go back to 'normal' after Tarmon Gaidon, so he doesn't think too much about the future, just about 'heroics' and making a show out of his strength (probably moderate at best).  He's loyal to Rand because he hopes that he can be the official court bard for one of his supporters after the last battle (or for Rand himself, should he survive, but he most likely believes Rand is as good as dead, as most seem to with regards to prophecy)... and because being on the side of the Light would make a better story for after "we lock the Dark One back in his hole for good."

Anyone want to toss me a few thousand dollars so I can submit this idea?  Hehehe...
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 01:51:55 PM »
Jordan Riggs a young historian who was born with the spark in another time, accidentally channeled into a Stone and ended up learning to make his way as a story teller and student of Jain Fairstrider.  Ends up going off to begin the Chronicles of Matt and Precious (Shamin/Seamin/Seameen?) in fabled Seandar...

No not spoilers, I just spent too much time infecting my mind with hermeneutics....
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 11:48:40 PM »
Lol renoard, I like the name  ;)
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!