Author Topic: Email List + Submission Dates  (Read 220056 times)

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
Re: Email List + Submission Dates
« Reply #1170 on: February 23, 2010, 01:25:21 PM »
Alright, I know why I haven't submitted yet (broken compy).   Where's the rest of them?

I wasn't able to finish the chapter. It was a longshot as it was, but I've made some signifcant progress and should have it done by Wednesday. Which means I can do some quick edits while I work on chapter three, and have it ready by next Monday.
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

LongTimeUnderdog

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 27, 2010, 03:52:40 AM »
Me!  mememememem!  I've got something for Monday . . .and the next Monday . . .and the next.

Shivertongue

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 27, 2010, 05:39:58 AM »
Looks like I will, in fact, have a chapter for Monday. Hope no one minds, but I was planning to attach a much-revised chapter one as well. Some aspects of chapter two might not make sense without seeing the revisions...
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

Argas

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 01, 2010, 12:31:26 AM »
I might be able to submit something this Monday as well.

Pogi Dave

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 01, 2010, 04:17:33 PM »
I believe I have joined the group/list by clicking Notify and have a very short prologue for a short story I would like to submit. 

So I guess this is my post for the next available submission date/time.

But how do I know who to send an email?

Shivertongue

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 01, 2010, 04:22:32 PM »
Submissions are sent to 'all @ readingexcuses.com'. Except, you know, without the spaces.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #1176 on: March 01, 2010, 04:49:03 PM »
To get your name on the list, you'll have to PM me and/or Chaos with your e-mail address, otherwise you won't be able to receive submissions.

LongTimeUnderdog

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 05, 2010, 11:32:24 PM »
Hmm, I'll have to pick one of my many chapters I got done this week to submit . . . or I would have to if they all weren't successive of each other.  Anyway . . . . So I think I'll be submitting next week.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #1178 on: March 09, 2010, 02:58:10 AM »
I suggest the order in which you want them to appear in the book. :P

Shivertongue

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 09, 2010, 03:21:21 AM »
Reading the story out of order does make things rather confusing...

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #1180 on: March 09, 2010, 08:08:00 AM »
Well, it's also easier for us to give feedback about pacing and whatnot if stuff is in the order it's going to appear.

LongTimeUnderdog

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 13, 2010, 07:19:47 PM »
Am I going to be the only submitter again?  Is Silk going to try to put me in my place again without me actually being there to be place put?

Shivertongue

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 13, 2010, 08:56:39 PM »
Unless I can crank out five thousand words by Monday, it doesn't look like I'll have anything this week. School has been beating at my writing time, and when school isn't work is. I've got the entire chapter figured out in my head, I just need the time to sit down and write it...

Recovering_Cynic

• Level 13
  • Except vampires. Vampires suck.
    • View Profile
    • my livejournal
« Reply #1183 on: March 14, 2010, 10:42:48 PM »
Sorry :(  Work is killer lately, so i have put off writing/reviewing for a bit.  I will come back.  Promise.  Besides, I think I have an idea for a nifty short story.  I just need to find time to write again.
this is the way the world ends,
not with a bang, but a whimper
~T.S. Eliot

lethalfalcon

• Level 5
  • Why won't insomnia leave me alone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 14, 2010, 10:59:18 PM »
Tell ya what. I'll try to post something tomorrow. It'll be from a different story than before. And then I can wade through the backlog of LTU's submissions to poke at him some more ('cause I know he loves it oh-so-much). Oh, and a few from other submitters, too. :P

Work has been killing me, too, and on top of that I just found out I need to have one of my teeth pulled (and subsequently replaced, since it's my top left incisor). So... more work, so I can afford the $2k surgery and $1400 crown. Whee.
I don't have good days. I have great days, where I'm a magician ridding the world of all evil, or at least everything I don't like. And then I wake up, and it's back to work for me.