hemalurgy
1 (2.1%)
aon dor
4 (8.5%)
awakening
4 (8.5%)
dakhor monks
1 (2.1%)
Jindonese version of dor ( like the guy with the sword who started glowing)
0 (0%)
occular
1 (2.1%)
talents
2 (4.3%)
lightweaving
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: best magic system  (Read 6493 times)

echigo109

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
best magic system
« on: November 15, 2008, 01:01:57 AM »
hey the poll is just for me to see what the popularity of the different magic systems

echigo109

• Level 4
    • View Profile
Re: best magic system
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 01:06:50 AM »
i was thinking what is the best magic system ( of warbreaker, Elantris, and mistborn trilogy) i personally like the allomancy because it seems the most powerful (alfa readers please don't spoil it for the rest of us with books that the rest of us haven't read)

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 04:39:05 AM »
Hard to choose just one, since they are all awesome.

I picked Feruchemy. Always liked how it was described and how it could be played out. Yes, there are times I wish I could store up weightlessness and just float down the side of a cliff.  ;)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 05:32:37 AM »
Of those, I have to say awakening.  I dunno, there's just something about the whole thing -- the appeal of color being drawn, and the cool breaths, and the seeing and everything that just makes it so cool.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 05:49:33 AM »
Of those, I have to say awakening.  I dunno, there's just something about the whole thing -- the appeal of color being drawn, and the cool breaths, and the seeing and everything that just makes it so cool.

Awakening is definitely a close second for me. The originality of it is amazing.  :)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 07:42:17 AM »
Rit. . . .

I mean Awakening is cool.

Note: You're missing Occulary and Talents. :]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 07:43:54 AM by miyabi »
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

echigo109

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 04:24:37 PM »
i didn't put occular or talents on because well i didn't know them i've only read mistborn trilogy, warbreaker, and Elantris but if you want other magic systems in i will put them but please don't tell me how they work

Dangerbutton

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 05:17:15 PM »
It was a hard choice for me between Allomancy and Feruchemy. However, you didn't see Feruchemy used very often, so when it was, it was sort of a rare treat. And, it was very creative how it was used in combat. So, I went with Feruchemy. However, Allomancy was still pretty much level with it.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 06:07:01 PM »
Awww I can't change my vote. I want to vote for Talents!  :D

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 06:26:25 PM »
I went with Allomancy, simply because if I could choose what I would want to be, it would be an Allomancer...Actually, I was walking around school the other day, and I imagined myself burning steel and iron and jumping from place to place. It was kind of cool, if a little crazy.

I also think Feruchemy's pretty cool, and Awakening seems pretty sweet too--I haven't read all of Warbreaker though, so I don't know a whole lot about it yet. Perhaps I'll wish I could change my vote when I finish....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 07:18:44 PM »
For me it would either be allomancy or Aon Dor.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 03:11:31 AM »
Allomancy. Brass and Zinc would be so much fun...
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 05:30:18 AM »
Allomancy. Brass and Zinc would be so much fun...
True. Oddly, I seem to overlook the usefulness of emotional allomancy, and focus more on the physical metals (probably because it's easier for me to imagine). But as fun as jumping around, being able to hold my own--and better--in a fight, and having enhanced senses, it doesn't really compare with manipulating the emotions. It would be quite entertaining to find out how much I could influence others without their noticing....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Rhaego

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 05:58:28 AM »
Hemalurgy won for me. You get Feurochemy and Allomacy, an extended life-time, B.A. spikes, virually unlimited strength and speed, etc.

echigo109

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 04:26:08 PM »
Hard to choose just one, since they are all awesome.

I picked Feruchemy. Always liked how it was described and how it could be played out. Yes, there are times I wish I could store up weightlessness and just float down the side of a cliff.  ;)
technically you wouldn't store weightlessness you would store weight and become weightless