Author Topic: WOT Help  (Read 136572 times)

Shard

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: WOT Help
« Reply #270 on: February 28, 2009, 01:25:25 AM »
LOL You guys are killing me with all these hints! I'm supposed to save the book for when I work my night shift job, but now I'm just about ready to spend my Friday night finishing it. And I have a date tonight!!! LOL  Believe me guys, you will all be the first to know my reaction to the end of the book. You've all been a real help and I'm surprised at the warm welcome the WOT fans have for people like me.

We always welcome new members to the fandom, the more the merrier I say. This really is my favorite book as well and I so do know about wanting to just finish it up but it can wait till after your date is over at least. lol Have fun man!

More on Liandran: Her punishment is probably the cruelist thing for an Aes Sedai other than physical torture. I figured Moghedian would just kill her, but wow does she think up horrible punishments quickly. Now they are making her serve the owner of the house they are in......a male no less......a male she used to abuse and yell at. That's rough. However, I don't feel Liandran is done with just yet.

I really thought the punishment quite creative myself really, some of the stuff RJ does to his characters for torture are really inspired stuff! I mean that just goes to show this series can be as dark as any other out there.

I'm VERY excited for the next meeting of Moghedian and Nyneave. First, Moghedian had full hatred for Nyneave and a desire to capture her alive and torture her for life. Now Nyneave feels the SAME because Moghedian almost killed Birgette and Nyneave feels responsible. Oooooooh I can just picture it lol.

Nynaeve is a funny character sometimes I feel sympathetic and other times not so much. It's interesting how she wants to accept responsiblity for this but not other things, blaming it on others. Well I do  like Nyn more then I do Faile though.

BTW, that necklace that controls a male who can channel that Nyneave fought Moghedian for in SR....where is it? I know Nyneave asked Domon to take her to the deepest part of the ocean and let her throw it in there...but that never happened. Or did I miss something?? It hasn't said whether she still has it or not.

She gave the Necklace to Domon and then left, once again avoiding responsibility... So naturally this will be addressed later as well, either in book 6 or 7... I'm going to have to do my own re-read. *sigh* SO much happens its hard to keep track of it all and in which book it all happened.

Forgot to mention that Uno and Mesema are back in the story. They're with Nyneave now. Blast from the past! I'm starting to see what everyone was talking about how characters disappear and come back later in other books....sometimes in larger roles than before.

Once again thanks for the feedback guys!!
-Joe

Speaking of Nynaeve avoiding responsibility... Well Rand and Perrin do leave them behind there so eventually they had to come back up.
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

deathgate

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2009, 02:44:29 AM »
Ha! my son found a description of Elaida in LoC Chapter 7 page 206 (in the paperback).

"An unyielding stern-faced woman, handsome rather than beautiful, and dark of hair and eye, Elaida wore a blood-red dress, with the striped stole of the Amyrlin Seat about her shoulders."

So not blonde.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2009, 02:55:33 AM »
That's odd.…
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2009, 03:35:53 AM »
From the mouth of babes.
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

Rrikor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2009, 03:43:16 PM »
I knew she had dark hair.  I just didn't know how I knew.  Most of the important characters are described at some point though so it had to be in there.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 03, 2009, 10:59:33 PM »
From the mouth of babes.
Wait…what?
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 03, 2009, 11:06:35 PM »
From the mouth of babes.
Wait…what?

I believe Shard was referring to the fact that deathgate's son found the reference all of us adults had been wondering about.
He ate my horse.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 03, 2009, 11:29:28 PM »
Oh, OK. Sorry, I was a little confused there.  ;D
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2009, 03:20:47 AM »
Yep SarahG got it. :)

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2009, 08:45:19 PM »
Haha sorry, Shard–I just got a little freaked out there for a second because you said that right after my post, so…lol never mind.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 05, 2009, 12:36:53 AM »
lol I see usually I think people hit quote to insure that, I guess I should have quoted Deathgate there. Ah well.

I do find it funny that a kid found what we couldn't but then this is a HUGE series to leaf through.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 05, 2009, 12:43:52 AM »
I do find it funny that a kid found what we couldn't[.]

Actually, I was going to post something like that, too, when I realized I didn't really know if deathgate's child was a kid or not.…
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 05, 2009, 04:53:50 AM »
That is a good point, darn the internet and not being able to see the people.  :-\

JoeC

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 05, 2009, 09:38:08 PM »
AWWWWWW MOIRAINE?!?!?!?

I did NOT want that to happen!!!!

LOL In case you guys didn't know already, I finished Fires of Heaven. I have much to say. First off is that this is definitely the best book in this series so far IMO. Plenty of action, story, twists, turns, and an AMAZING ending.

-Okay let's get right to it. Moiraine: Again, I really didn't want this to happen. It wasn't a HUGE surprise because there was some definite forshadowing of her death throughout this book that I picked up on. It just really stinks because her and Rand FINALLY came to an understanding in this book. Moiraine was a true anchor for these characters as much as they disliked her. Her advice was always priceless and spot on. It may not have been what the characters wanted to hear, but it's what they needed to hear. I imagine it's similar to Obi-Wan Kenobi dying. Moiraine's death was certainly heroic. That whole scene where Lanfear attacks Rand with murderous jealousy was awesome. She skins Kadere because she's so upset about hearing Rand slept with another woman. That's rough!
 The way RJ wrote Lan's reaction was heartbreaking. I can't imagine what he was feeling. Then he left so soon!! Moiraine bonded Lan to a Green sister in the event she died. I REALLY don't want this to be the end of Lan's participation in the story. I have a feeling it isn't.
 I also KIND of have a suspicion this might not be the end of Moiraine and Lanfear's story. (It might be wishful thinking, I'm still reeling from this event) Okay, so they fell through the terangrael right? Now this was the same one Mat went through in Rhuiden and saw the scary people with pointed teeth who tried to kill him. Lan said he couldn't feel their connection anymore.....maybe traveling to another dimension would sever it?? Maybe not because Moiraine went into another terengrael doorway with Rand and Mat in another book and Lan never mentioned a disturbance in their connection. This is driving me nuts. LOL I hate the thought of Moiraine alone somewhere stuck between Lanfear and those creatures. I still don't totally understand why those people in the terengrael door way were so evil, as opposed to the friendly ones Rand encountered when he went through the other one. Besides, the one Moiraine pulled Lanfear into wasn't destroyed I think. ::sigh:: A lot to dwell on and that's only one subject. Man, I really am loving these books LOL.

-Okay, before Moiraine's death, Rand is full of fury and hell bent on killing Rahvin because he thinks that Forsaken has killed Morgase. Rand later resumes this quest. I'm glad he still went to confront him. I thought Moiraine's death would stop things cold and leave Rahvin for another book. I have to say that this whole final 20 pages was nothing short of groundbreaking!! Rand and the Aeil battling Trollocs and Fades. Rahvin attacking them with lightning and killing Mat, Aviendha, and Asmodean (had to read that 5 times before I believed it.) Rand's battle with Rahvin in the palace and following him into the dreamworld. Meanwhile, Nyneave has Moghedian leashed with an a'dam in the dream world and forces her to help Nyneave go help Rand. MAN this whole scene was awesome. So many things happening all at once. My eyes were GLUED to this book!!! They way they all managed to defeat Rahvin together was perfect. I do wish Rand and Nyneave could have talked for longer and have had a more in depth convo than the one they had. But I understand she was rushing him out because of how dangerous that world was to him. Also, I find it odd that he didn't even acknowledge Moghedian. Oh well.
 Now, since Rand used balefire with FULL force to kill Rahvin, Mat Aviendha and Asmodean were alive and well when Rand went back out front. He erased Rahvin pretty far back I'd say. That was not very smart of Rand as I imagine there could have been many other consequences (I think there may be more I don't know of yet) Finally, after all is said and done and they are all settled down in the palace, Rand speakes with a man who has brought 9,000 soldiers from Mayene to serve him loyally. Rand accepts. However the conversation turns to Mazrim Taim. The false Dragon that has escaped and returned to his army. Rand gives him amnesty...of a sort. An offer of alliance. This would not have been my first choice, but the more I think of it the more it seems like a good idea (depending on Mazrim's character...I haven't met him yet) Rand declares that all men who are found to channel have the option to join him. They will not be executed or gentled. A few extra male channellers for Tarmon Gaidon wouldn't be a bad thing LOL. I'm interested to see how this pans out.

Now the loose ends:
- Who killed Asmodean??? He was killed out of nowhere after just being ressurrected. I don't even have an idea who it might be besides one of the other Forsaken.
-Morgase and Tallanvor.........a future together?? I can see it, but not before they have to repair her old alliances and retain her throne. Oh yeah, and show everyone she's not really dead.
-Nyneave and Moghedian: This was the big cliffhanger for me!! Moghedian spoke a little too much and Nyneave deciphered that she is one of the Aes Sedai in Salidar with them. Nice!!! Nyneave knows who she is too but it left me hanging. She makes Moggy drink forkroot to put her into a deep sleep and says "See you when I wake up" Now THIS I want to see. I'd also like to see how Nyneave will explain this all to the Aes Sedai there, as she was not supposed to be in the dream world in the first place (she was secretly training Siuan.)

Sorry this was so long but I had a lot to say. Much more has happened since my last update but I decided to only talk about the ending as there was so much there. I have to go to Barnes and Noble to get Lord of Chaos which I ordered last week. I can't wait to see how they tie up the loose ends. ESPECIALLY finding out who Moghedian was in Salidar. I couldn't imagine waiting a year or two for that answer. All you fans who did have to wait must REALLY REALLY hate me now LOL.

Thanks again for the input guys. You're all really helpful and I hope you continue enjoying this thread. I'll keep you all updated!!
-Joe

IngtarWhoStoleChristmas

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 05, 2009, 10:06:38 PM »
- Who killed Asmodean??? He was killed out of nowhere after just being ressurrected. I don't even have an idea who it might be besides one of the other Forsaken.

According to Mr. Robert Jordan that should be "intuitively obvious to the most casual observer"......... I won't post my theories here, there are enough of those :-)

Mwah ha ha ha :)

Love the updates, they are tons of fun!