Author Topic: WOT Help  (Read 136377 times)

douglas

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: WOT Help
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2009, 01:56:04 AM »
Ah yes, that little mystery.  Robert Jordan's statement that it's "obvious" has always amused me, and I will be very interested to see JoeC's reaction.

padywhak

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2009, 04:46:32 AM »
wasnt obvious to me :'( i still wanna know, apparently its revealed in the last book i saw Sanderson say in an interview lol thats if ur talking bout what i think ur talking about

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 19, 2009, 07:02:29 AM »
Yes padywhak and douglas, that mystery.

BTW I've gotten one of my friend hooked into the WoT series so he's doing a reading through of it now as well. It is fun to get a fresh perspective on the story.
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2009, 10:47:25 PM »
What mystery??  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 19, 2009, 10:59:12 PM »
The one section 1.1.6 of the Wheel of Time FAQ is about.

There, I think that was a sufficiently non-spoiler way to specify it.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 20, 2009, 12:21:03 AM »
Umm I feel like an idiot here, but…how do I get to that?? lol
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2009, 12:30:51 AM »
Google it is thy friend, were talking about the ending of tFoH so we don't want to spoil JoeC.
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

padywhak

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 20, 2009, 02:34:22 AM »
The one section 1.1.6 of the Wheel of Time FAQ is about.

There, I think that was a sufficiently non-spoiler way to specify it.

brilliant thanks alot for that (apologies if that sounds sarcastic i am actually being serious) this is gonna be a great read

achren99

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 20, 2009, 03:14:34 PM »
Melindhra is also a blonde.  Hahaha I can't believe I remembered that (I looked it up to verify), but I couldn't tell who she was in my earlier post without giving away at least a bit of a spoiler because I didn't know if JoeC had read about her yet.

I always thought Elaida was a brunette, but I have seen fan art of her blonde...so it seems a lot of people think that.  In all of the online encyclopedias of characters I've found, they don't say her hair color!  Maybe it's an inconsistency.

JoeC, I love reading all of your comments.  This is my favorite thread to read--so thanks for letting us all relive reading the books! :)

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 20, 2009, 03:26:17 PM »
Yes JoeC has read about Melindhra so you didn't spoil anything *heh*

Yeah Elaida I believe has been debated on whether she's even black or white, sometimes the descriptions can be so vague I'm just not sure. Like Julin Sandor I don't know if he's supposed to be Hispanic, black or white with a really dark tan. I guess sometimes authors like to allow some vagueness to let the readers paint what the character looks like themselves.

padywhak

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 20, 2009, 03:53:18 PM »
iv always pictured juilin as black.. i thought the ebou dar ppl were more hispanic coz they're described with the olive skin where juilin is carved from dark wood, not literally of course lol that would be weird.

i just read the whole it where rand first meets elaida when he falls over the wall and it didnt even mention her eye colour let alone her skin or hair

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 20, 2009, 07:48:19 PM »
That's what I thought originally as well but then there was a description about his hair being lanky, so it didn't fit the image. Plus I've always though that Tear was Spain with the armor descriptions.

I guess it's only important on what certain characters look like, like Rand and his whole Aiel heritage.

padywhak

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 20, 2009, 10:14:24 PM »
ebou dar can be rio de janeiro, a very dangerous city especially to go out in alone but they know how to throw a great street party lol

Casco

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 21, 2009, 10:06:07 PM »
I thought Elaida was blonde, but I don't remember reading it anywhere specific.

"The tall chairback held the Flame of Tar Valon picked out in moonstones above her dark head as she sat." in the prologue of book 7. Im gonna have to look back to when rand first meets her to see if it says blonde, we must have gotten the blonde idea from somewhere
I think you can read about it in KoD (Knife of dreams). She have blod hair and alot of small braids. She have dark eyes.
I dont know in what PoW we get to know this, but its one of the Aes Sedai who looks at Elida and reflect of her hair when she looks out of a window. I think its after Alviarin have lost control over her, i think Egwene is in the tower at that moment. Infact, isnt it when they inform Elida about Egwens behavior in the tower?
I dont have the book to comfirm this, i only have the audiobooks and i dont want to spend hours to fint out for sure ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 10:10:17 PM by Casco »

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 22, 2009, 12:31:40 AM »
Shaggy, you might want to respect your fellow posters a bit more. The tense errors make me think that Casco might have learned English as a second language.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!