Author Topic: WOT Help  (Read 136238 times)

Renoard

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
Re: WOT Help
« Reply #555 on: May 10, 2009, 01:25:39 PM »
I find it curious that one of the forsaken was able to heal the taint damage in Lews Therin long enough to let him realize the thinks he'd done while crazy.
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 10, 2009, 10:05:55 PM »
using the true power no less
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 10, 2009, 10:21:16 PM »
He did admit that he wasn't the best healer either, but his pride wanted LTT to KNOW what he'd done. That seems to be the downfall of many a villain not just in WOT but other fantasy stories as well. Pride.
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 10, 2009, 10:47:24 PM »
I think the True Power had more to do with Ishamael's ability to heal the Taint's madness than any skill at healing.  Both the Taint and the True Power come from the Dark One, and it makes sense to me that this would grant the True Power special strength when dealing with the Taint.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 10, 2009, 11:05:21 PM »
I doubt it it would probably make him even more suspetible to greater madness...well it worked but the side effects are unkown it may be why rand has LTT's voice in his head
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #560 on: May 11, 2009, 02:21:17 AM »
Yeah typically speaking, the opposite is the cure for an illness.  Serum antibodies cure an infection, Base kills acid before it burns, or vice versa.  And Behaviorists pace you through repetitively doing the right thing to over come bad habits of thought or action.

But remember that all the forsaken view Modern Aes Sedai healing as badly performed first aid.

Rrikor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 12, 2009, 03:29:11 PM »
A good healer at the time when LTT was going mad could heal anything short of death.  They tried to heal the madness but never succeeded.  We are unsure if he healed the damage caused taint or gave him temporary sanity.  My guess would be the later because of the fact that all the others were unable to heal the insanity.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 12, 2009, 05:10:09 PM »
A good assumption, but it is also possible that the DO's control over the taint is very strong.  It can prevent the taint from affecting Its  "Chosen" channelers, it is not that far a leap to believe that It can also remove the affects of the taint. 
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

JoeC

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 22, 2009, 12:24:03 AM »
UPDATE!!!  I finished Winter's Heart!!!
I'm sorry I didn't do any updates with this book but I have been very busy and also there never really seemed to be a good place to do an update with this book, because there weren't as many notable major events. However, I did like this very much and the ending was SPECTACULAR!! I'll save Rand cleansing saidin for last because that is the biggest deal.

-I was so glad to be reading about Mat again, as he has always been my favorite character. He has a limp now because of his injuries sustained during the Seanchan takeover. He is still Tylin's "piglet" (what's to complain about, Mat?!?!?) Tylin has sworn allegience to the Seanchan and they have allowed her to rule Ebou Dar UNDER the Crystal Throne of course.  Finally, we have met the Daughter of the Nine Moons and her name is Tuon. First off, the Seanchan chain of command is very confusing, so when they talk of how someone below Tuon can criticize her because she's not REALLY below her per se, it kind of melts my brain. LOL Well anywho, while Tylin is away, Mat plans his escape and how he's going to get the Aes Sedai out of there without them being caught. Tylin comes back and catches him but she let's him go and has him tie her up underneath her bed so as to clear her of helping him. On the way out he is forced to kidnap Tuon, and apparently she isn't all that upset about this. I'm very curious to see where this goes because I don't see Mat marrying this girl unless he is forced to....which would still fullfill Min's prophecy anyways.

-Elayne claimed her throne, but unfortunately her parts of this book were kind of slow, as they dealt with all the nobles wanting her throne. The assassination attempt on her has led to a darkfriend Daved Hanlon becoming the head of her personal security. That was the only interesting part of her story for me.

-Perrin was in the book looking for Faile.....and then they never went back to him. What the heck?? I like Perrin and Faile and I wanted to see that story line get solved. It's so weird how it left off like that.

-Elayne, Min, and Aviendha all bonded with Rand. I'm surprised he actually let them do this, seeing as he is destined to die and anyone who has somebody bonded to them and they die, that person dies soon afterwards. But, he understood that it was their choice and they love him. Also, Rand finally made love to Elayne. In one of the funniest scenes in the WOT books Min, Aviendha, and Birgitte all feel and see what's going on through their warder bond. I thought this was great, because of how uptight some of these characters are. All this talk about going redfaced at the sight of cleavage or embarrased when anyone talkes about sex, and here they all mentally WATCH this happen despite their best efforts. Very creative Mr. Jordan....

-Rand goes to Far Madding to hunt down some of the Asha'man that tried to assasinate him. He kills one of them in a duel. Cadsuane, Nyneave, Lan, Verin, and other Aes Sedai and still loyal Asha'man are with Rand. He gets a note telling him where the remaining Asha'man are and asks him to leave. Suspecting a trap, him and Lan go to this inn and sneak inthrough the roof. There the encounter Padan Fain (who wrote the letter) and Toram. This battle was so awesome to read and I love the image of Lan and Rand battling side by side. What a great scene. Also, I never realized Fain was so skilled a fighter. He gives Rand a lot of trouble but eventually escapes (how? I have no idea....because there were guards outside) Rand does kill the two remaining Asha'man and him and Lan escape the inn. They fall off the roof and are captured by Aes Sedai, but are eventually free'd by Cadsuane. I didn't know why this short imprisonment was even necessary, then I realize that those Aes Sedai will report back to Elaida that Cadsuane in working with Rand. I suppose that's significant. I'm starting to like Cadsuane very much and I find her the most trustworthy Aes Sedai besides Moiraine. I wish I could see them two meet!

-Okay, Rand decides to use the access keys to clease the male half of the source. The female key will be used by Nyneave, as she is the strongest in the Power, and she will link with Rand to do this. Cadsuane, Verin, and all the Aes Sedai and Asha'man they can muster all for different circles around the hilltop near Shadar Logoth because they realize that such a massive use of the One Power will attract channelers from all over the world......especially the Forsaken. And oh boy do they ever. First off, the descriptions of how saidar and saidin interweave and saidar seems to be actually squeezing the taint out of saidin literally into the air were amazing. The taint is spilling out and forming a huge ball that is blacker than black and is growing larger and larger. All this time I wondered how one could remove the taint and here it is, FINALLY. No more woozines or "molten filth"  or any of that garbage. Saidin is CLEAN!! Can you imagine how much different it must be for any male channeler now. This really changes EVERYTHING. The White Tower no longer has any right to hunt down male channelers. There can be male Aes Sedai again and saidin and saidar can be used together again!! Just like in the Age of Legends, where they said that the greatest achievements were made with both halves of the Source being used together. WOW, I can hear the thump of all the Red sisters simultaneously fainting. lol I still see struggles ahead, because male channelers being insane is so ingrained into The White Tower's laws and practices it will be very difficult to change things. But oh boy, I am glad this moment is finally here!!

Whoops, got a little off track sorry. The battle: was AWESOME. ALL of the Forsaken came to stop what was happaning. I really like the how the Forsaken are written so I always get excited when the come around. But to have them all in one spot in a battle??? Beautiful. A couple of notable absences though. I didn't see Greandal or Moridin. They never mentioned Mesaana, but at one point a woman is spotted running through the woods changing colors...which is consistent with how Mesaana looks (the saa??) Demandred comes but spends his time running from the fireballs being shot at him. The Aes Sedai and Asha'man are working together so that, if any male or female channels near them (which they know will be the Forsaken coming) they immediately shoot fireballs in that direction. Moghedian, despite her fear of Moridin, actually sits this one out. I'm a little surprised she didn't take this chance to get her revenge on Nyneave. Aran'gar is spotted by an Asha'man who is shocked to find her using saidin. Her secret's out. Dashiva, the renegade Asha'man, shows up only to be immediately annihilated. Finally, the best part of the whole battle is when Cadsuane squares off with Lanfear/Cyndane. I nearly had to read this part standing up. Two VERY powerful female characters who are MAJOR players in this story. Cyndane's shock at how her "nasty" weaves disappear when she uses them on Cadsuane (because of her teren'gal) and Cadsuane being stunned every time one of her weaves are "sliced" by Cyndane. Lanfear is the only character that I remember knowing how to "slice" someone elses weave. Man, she is so strong in the Power, I always enjoy any scene of her battling. Or even just using the Power at all. Unfortunately, the ending battle scatters the stories so we never get any definitive ending for the individual duels. Cadsuane does think to herself later on...something to the effect of her not being satisfied with "one dead renegade and a few singed Forsaken. So I take it none of them were killed. That's fine. All the more for Rand to kill, especially now that he doesn't have to worry about Callandor magnifying the taint.

Okay my fingers hurt. lol. I do have my order in for Crossroads of Twilight. Yes, I've been warned about this book, but I am keeping an open mind still. I think the cleansing of saidin is the biggest event in the WOT stories so far and it has really invigorated my enthusiasm for these books. I'm so excited to see where they go from here. Tarmon Gai'don can't be THAT far away anymore lol. I'm almost caught up guys. Again, sorry for the long wait. I put a lot into this update because you guys have been very faithful readers and very helpful with your comments too. I can't wait to start reading the next book! I'll keep you guys updated....of couse!! lol 
-Joe

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 22, 2009, 01:07:18 AM »
UPDATE!!!  I finished Winter's Heart!!!
I'm sorry I didn't do any updates with this book but I have been very busy and also there never really seemed to be a good place to do an update with this book, because there weren't as many notable major events. However, I did like this very much and the ending was SPECTACULAR!! I'll save Rand cleansing saidin for last because that is the biggest deal.

This is one of my favorite of the later books, the cleansing of Saidin REALLY makes this one of the best. Your right in saying this is a game changer and the Forsaken really didn't want this to happen. So it was nice just to see the Rand and Co hand out some major pownage here.

-I was so glad to be reading about Mat again, as he has always been my favorite character. He has a limp now because of his injuries sustained during the Seanchan takeover. He is still Tylin's "piglet" (what's to complain about, Mat?!?!?) Tylin has sworn allegience to the Seanchan and they have allowed her to rule Ebou Dar UNDER the Crystal Throne of course.  Finally, we have met the Daughter of the Nine Moons and her name is Tuon. First off, the Seanchan chain of command is very confusing, so when they talk of how someone below Tuon can criticize her because she's not REALLY below her per se, it kind of melts my brain. LOL Well anywho, while Tylin is away, Mat plans his escape and how he's going to get the Aes Sedai out of there without them being caught. Tylin comes back and catches him but she let's him go and has him tie her up underneath her bed so as to clear her of helping him. On the way out he is forced to kidnap Tuon, and apparently she isn't all that upset about this. I'm very curious to see where this goes because I don't see Mat marrying this girl unless he is forced to....which would still fullfill Min's prophecy anyways.

It takes time for some to fall in love. What did you think about the whole relationship of Mat/Tylin? There are those that feel Tylin raped Mat.

-Elayne claimed her throne, but unfortunately her parts of this book were kind of slow, as they dealt with all the nobles wanting her throne. The assassination attempt on her has led to a darkfriend Daved Hanlon becoming the head of her personal security. That was the only interesting part of her story for me.

This is one of the story lines that takes awhile to finish up, I just wish Elyane had been a bit smarter about Daved in this book. She thinks Dylin is the one responsible at first but it never occurs to her that maybe Daved set this up so he could be a Hero.

-Perrin was in the book looking for Faile.....and then they never went back to him. What the heck?? I like Perrin and Faile and I wanted to see that story line get solved. It's so weird how it left off like that.

Here's the other storyline that drags on for awhile, Jordan really has alot of storylines running at the same time so some take a bit of a back seat.

-Elayne, Min, and Aviendha all bonded with Rand. I'm surprised he actually let them do this, seeing as he is destined to die and anyone who has somebody bonded to them and they die, that person dies soon afterwards. But, he understood that it was their choice and they love him. Also, Rand finally made love to Elayne. In one of the funniest scenes in the WOT books Min, Aviendha, and Birgitte all feel and see what's going on through their warder bond. I thought this was great, because of how uptight some of these characters are. All this talk about going redfaced at the sight of cleavage or embarrased when anyone talkes about sex, and here they all mentally WATCH this happen despite their best efforts. Very creative Mr. Jordan....

There's a scene with Rand and Lan where they ask each other why they let this happen and it was a really funny scene where they say something only the two of them get and the women are all "What's so funny?" *hehe*

I think Min is the only one in danger if/when Rand dies since she is the only non-channler. The Aes Sedai when they lose a Warder are depressed for a time but eventually recover and can even bond again.

-Rand goes to Far Madding to hunt down some of the Asha'man that tried to assasinate him. He kills one of them in a duel. Cadsuane, Nyneave, Lan, Verin, and other Aes Sedai and still loyal Asha'man are with Rand. He gets a note telling him where the remaining Asha'man are and asks him to leave. Suspecting a trap, him and Lan go to this inn and sneak inthrough the roof. There the encounter Padan Fain (who wrote the letter) and Toram. This battle was so awesome to read and I love the image of Lan and Rand battling side by side. What a great scene. Also, I never realized Fain was so skilled a fighter. He gives Rand a lot of trouble but eventually escapes (how? I have no idea....because there were guards outside) Rand does kill the two remaining Asha'man and him and Lan escape the inn. They fall off the roof and are captured by Aes Sedai, but are eventually free'd by Cadsuane. I didn't know why this short imprisonment was even necessary, then I realize that those Aes Sedai will report back to Elaida that Cadsuane in working with Rand. I suppose that's significant. I'm starting to like Cadsuane very much and I find her the most trustworthy Aes Sedai besides Moiraine. I wish I could see them two meet!

Actually Fain killed the last two Asha'man, I'm surprised you didn't note the ghost forms of the last two.

-Okay, Rand decides to use the access keys to clease the male half of the source. The female key will be used by Nyneave, as she is the strongest in the Power, and she will link with Rand to do this. Cadsuane, Verin, and all the Aes Sedai and Asha'man they can muster all for different circles around the hilltop near Shadar Logoth because they realize that such a massive use of the One Power will attract channelers from all over the world......especially the Forsaken. And oh boy do they ever. First off, the descriptions of how saidar and saidin interweave and saidar seems to be actually squeezing the taint out of saidin literally into the air were amazing. The taint is spilling out and forming a huge ball that is blacker than black and is growing larger and larger. All this time I wondered how one could remove the taint and here it is, FINALLY. No more woozines or "molten filth"  or any of that garbage. Saidin is CLEAN!! Can you imagine how much different it must be for any male channeler now. This really changes EVERYTHING. The White Tower no longer has any right to hunt down male channelers. There can be male Aes Sedai again and saidin and saidar can be used together again!! Just like in the Age of Legends, where they said that the greatest achievements were made with both halves of the Source being used together. WOW, I can hear the thump of all the Red sisters simultaneously fainting. lol I still see struggles ahead, because male channelers being insane is so ingrained into The White Tower's laws and practices it will be very difficult to change things. But oh boy, I am glad this moment is finally here!!

All of this makes this book worth the wait and a great read. Very satisfying victory over the shadow, though unfortunatly with this victory there are consequences. *evil grin*

Whoops, got a little off track sorry. The battle: was AWESOME. ALL of the Forsaken came to stop what was happaning. I really like the how the Forsaken are written so I always get excited when the come around. But to have them all in one spot in a battle??? Beautiful. A couple of notable absences though. I didn't see Greandal or Moridin. They never mentioned Mesaana, but at one point a woman is spotted running through the woods changing colors...which is consistent with how Mesaana looks (the saa??) Demandred comes but spends his time running from the fireballs being shot at him. The Aes Sedai and Asha'man are working together so that, if any male or female channels near them (which they know will be the Forsaken coming) they immediately shoot fireballs in that direction. Moghedian, despite her fear of Moridin, actually sits this one out. I'm a little surprised she didn't take this chance to get her revenge on Nyneave. Aran'gar is spotted by an Asha'man who is shocked to find her using saidin. Her secret's out. Dashiva, the renegade Asha'man, shows up only to be immediately annihilated. Finally, the best part of the whole battle is when Cadsuane squares off with Lanfear/Cyndane. I nearly had to read this part standing up. Two VERY powerful female characters who are MAJOR players in this story. Cyndane's shock at how her "nasty" weaves disappear when she uses them on Cadsuane (because of her teren'gal) and Cadsuane being stunned every time one of her weaves are "sliced" by Cyndane. Lanfear is the only character that I remember knowing how to "slice" someone elses weave. Man, she is so strong in the Power, I always enjoy any scene of her battling. Or even just using the Power at all. Unfortunately, the ending battle scatters the stories so we never get any definitive ending for the individual duels. Cadsuane does think to herself later on...something to the effect of her not being satisfied with "one dead renegade and a few singed Forsaken. So I take it none of them were killed. That's fine. All the more for Rand to kill, especially now that he doesn't have to worry about Callandor magnifying the taint.

The woman running through the forest was Grendal, she faced off with Verin and her circle. Grendal is the one that wears color changing clothes.

I'm surprised you didn't say anything about the death of Osan'gar/Dashiva...

I guess Messana and Semirage had better things to attend to...

Okay my fingers hurt. lol. I do have my order in for Crossroads of Twilight. Yes, I've been warned about this book, but I am keeping an open mind still. I think the cleansing of saidin is the biggest event in the WOT stories so far and it has really invigorated my enthusiasm for these books. I'm so excited to see where they go from here. Tarmon Gai'don can't be THAT far away anymore lol. I'm almost caught up guys. Again, sorry for the long wait. I put a lot into this update because you guys have been very faithful readers and very helpful with your comments too. I can't wait to start reading the next book! I'll keep you guys updated....of couse!! lol 
-Joe

That's good to keep an open mind about it, this one really got alot of backlash I think when you remove the "2 year waiting period" it is easier to enjoy and get into. Soon after that will be Knife of Dreams and then you'll be in the same boat as the rest of us.

*muwhahahahahahahha*
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #565 on: May 22, 2009, 02:12:41 AM »
No I think Crossroads was great, I just hated the repeat of the unresolution in certain circles.

Winter's Heart is a great book, and as I said before it couldn't have come at a better time for me.  I agree entirely with you Joe about the quality of the battle scenes.  I was in my late 30's and I was bouncing like a teenager when the baddies started attacking in Aridhol.  But I was just as tickled when Thick Headed Mat kept repeating "Your my wife!" to a girl who looks like she's only 14.

As for the escape from Tylin.  My sympathies were with Mat.

As to the order of precedence in Seanchan Society, it's not SO confusing.  The King's chambermaid is naturally higher in rank than a free-born field officer.  But Tuon HAS complicated things by going "under the veil".  Ah the arrogance of the mighty.  They must have their conceits. :)

Her "maid" being a privy counselor with a specific role of keeping her grounded privately has it's historical precedents.

I think the funniest part was the irony of watching the birds for "scientific" omens while making fun of real things like the forsaken and trollocs.  :)

Vyrance

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 22, 2009, 02:26:15 AM »
yea it was a great ending to that book.  one small note though.  it was alivia, not cadsuane, who squared off against cyndane.  i believe alivia is supposed to be the strongest female channeler on the Dragon's side.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 22, 2009, 02:30:40 AM »
Yes, great scene.  And then all three of them go off to get drunk together to distract themselves. :D

This is, I believe, the most important single event in the entire series all the way through Knife of Dreams - and most of the world doesn't have a clue what's happened.  Channelers everywhere certainly felt that something was going on, but no one but the people who were actually there and the Asha'man know what.  The various reactions and speculation in CoT are amusing to watch.  The real news is rather slow to spread.

Whoops, got a little off track sorry. The battle: was AWESOME. ALL of the Forsaken came to stop what was happaning. I really like the how the Forsaken are written so I always get excited when the come around. But to have them all in one spot in a battle??? Beautiful. A couple of notable absences though. I didn't see Greandal or Moridin. They never mentioned Mesaana, but at one point a woman is spotted running through the woods changing colors...which is consistent with how Mesaana looks (the saa??)
That was actually Graendal.  Moridin was indeed a no-show, and I don't think Mesaana or Semirhage showed up either.  Everyone who came and was not part of Rand's group was a Forsaken, btw.

Demandred comes but spends his time running from the fireballs being shot at him. The Aes Sedai and Asha'man are working together so that, if any male or female channels near them (which they know will be the Forsaken coming) they immediately shoot fireballs in that direction. Moghedian, despite her fear of Moridin, actually sits this one out. I'm a little surprised she didn't take this chance to get her revenge on Nyneave. Aran'gar is spotted by an Asha'man who is shocked to find her using saidin. Her secret's out. Dashiva, the renegade Asha'man, shows up only to be immediately annihilated.
Dashiva was, in fact, Osan'gar's cover identity.  This makes the point of view scene for the (apparently Black) Aes Sedai leading the circle that kills him particularly amusing, as she has no idea she's killing one of the Forsaken.

Finally, the best part of the whole battle is when Cadsuane squares off with Lanfear/Cyndane. I nearly had to read this part standing up. Two VERY powerful female characters who are MAJOR players in this story. Cyndane's shock at how her "nasty" weaves disappear when she uses them on Cadsuane (because of her teren'gal) and Cadsuane being stunned every time one of her weaves are "sliced" by Cyndane. Lanfear is the only character that I remember knowing how to "slice" someone elses weave. Man, she is so strong in the Power, I always enjoy any scene of her battling. Or even just using the Power at all.
That was Alivia, not Cadsuane.  Alivia is borrowing an angreal and several ter'angreal from Nynaeve, and is the only one of the defenders going completely solo.  Cadsuane is in the center right next to Rand and Nynaeve, directly shielding the two of them, and is using her channeling-detecting ter'angreal to direct the fire of the circle that's useing Callandor.  That ter'angreal is the only reason Demandred had to dodge fireballs, as he Reversed his gateways which would normally make them undetectable - but the ter'angreal can sense them anyway.

Unfortunately, the ending battle scatters the stories so we never get any definitive ending for the individual duels. Cadsuane does think to herself later on...something to the effect of her not being satisfied with "one dead renegade and a few singed Forsaken. So I take it none of them were killed. That's fine. All the more for Rand to kill, especially now that he doesn't have to worry about Callandor magnifying the taint.
Dashiva/Osan'gar was killed.  Several other Forsaken were hurt and driven off.  Aran'gar's secret about being a male channeler in a female body is now known to some of the good guys.  Mashadar is gone.  Saidin is clean.  All this for the low, low cost of one dead loyal Asha'man, one dead Aes Sedai, and the loss of the female Choedan Kal (note Cadsuane's observation that the female access key is broken at the end).

-Joe
CoT is a bit slow, and suffers from having to bring just about every single other plotline in the series up to date with Rand - Winter's Heart was able to concentrate on Rand's thread of the plot so much only by neglecting a lot of other stuff.  Knife of Dreams is great, though, and all three parts of AMoL are promising to be spectacular.

Inquisitor

• Level 8
  • Lord of Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 22, 2009, 02:36:02 AM »
^ Close. I think there's a novice with the rebel Aes Sedai who is stronger. I think her name's Sharina.
Captain Commander of the Holy Vanguard of Kaz

I have recently discovered that pie cannot be trusted. I am switching full time to cake.

Cake shall prevail!

Come join us over at the Mistborn Forum RPG!
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mistborn/index.php?

IngtarWhoStoleChristmas

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 22, 2009, 01:45:55 PM »
Elayne, Min, and Aviendha all bonded with Rand. I'm surprised he actually let them do this, seeing as he is destined to die and anyone who has somebody bonded to them and they die, that person dies soon afterwards

Minor correction here. That only happens to the "Warder" in the bond. The "Aes Sedai" of the bond just feels an overwhelming sense of grief, but doesn't go bezerker crazy and die trying to avenge anyone. Essentially he just agrees to allow them to enhance their grief when he dies.