Author Topic: Hero of Ages hits Bestseller List!  (Read 4324 times)

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
Re: Hero of Ages hits Bestseller List!
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 02:42:45 AM »
I'll admit that Robert Jordan's death brought Brandon's writing to my awareness (there is simply WAY too much talent in the writing industry for me to read everyone...plus not everyone has a style that appeals to me).

However, I like Brandon's style of writing FAR BETTER than Robert Jordan's (yes, shocking...and I know some people hate me for it) - the style is more accessible (I'd rather not explain because I don't want to start an argument).

When I learned that he was writing AMoL, I went out and bought Elantris.  I wasn't ready for Mistborn - I didn't want to get involved in a trilogy at the time.  I read Elantris, bought a copy for a friend, and read Warbreaker.  Only after that did I get into Mistborn.

I've definitely been won over - enough to buy a dozen of his books for myself and others in the last year, some of them hardcovers (alas, my Elantris is a paperback).

I've done my part and spread the love of B.S. - I bought a few friends copies of Elantris (I bought all the copies in stock at one store as gifts) and suggested they read Mistborn.  For those who didn't want any investment of money or books on a reading list before they'd felt out his writing style,  I pitched them a link to Warbreaker.  So far I've had nothing but takers and converts.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 02:49:25 AM by Mellington of the raving ferret army »