Author Topic: Roleplaying CCG  (Read 9326 times)

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: Roleplaying CCG
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 11:25:03 PM »
To be honest, my definition was a slightly generalized version of the definition over at Wiktionary.

And the GURPS scenario was one that was designed to be GM-optional.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

CSmythe

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 06:02:06 PM »
That GURPS scenario sounds really interesting to me. I don't think I have ever played an RPG that was GM optional, that tends to be why I think of them as a co-operative experience. One person sets the scene and the other(s) act within it.

Do you remember which version of the GURPS rules that was in?

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 01:07:35 PM »
No idea, but I think it was published in 1995.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Dangerbutton

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 07:08:50 PM »
You know, I've never thought of Roleplaying while I play MtG. However, there was one time when we over-dramatically reacted to every card we played, as though we were in an episode of Yu Gi Oh. It didn't last. We annoyed ourselves too soon.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 08:39:44 PM »
In response to the idea that RPG's are required to be cooperational, Paranoia is very much so not cooperational, since the idea of the game revolves around you beating the other players, and it's PnP RPG, with character sheets, exp points, mutant powers, a skill system, etc. In fact, it even encourages the GM to work against players. It's not a very SERIOUS RPG, but it can create some fun times, that's for sure.

You know, I've never thought of Roleplaying while I play MtG. However, there was one time when we over-dramatically reacted to every card we played, as though we were in an episode of Yu Gi Oh. It didn't last. We annoyed ourselves too soon.

me and my friends always wanted to film a video of like 3 people playing magic, and one dude is dressed in an anime fashion, with the yu-gi-oh card-deck toy thingy, and the other two dressed normal, and have the normal dressed ones play casually with the dude dressed up yelling out his attacks and being generally melodramatic.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Seaoftrouble

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 06:28:58 AM »
GURPS  8) 4th edition has a combat card system

D@D 4th  ::) edition, battles can easily be played with cards the caracter builder prints out all of your abilities in card form   
This Post has been brought to you by Dyslexia and I.