Author Topic: Question about a Sequel for Elantris  (Read 3095 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Question about a Sequel for Elantris
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 06:10:51 PM »
actually he already told me that if I pay him $1,500 (half the cost of the painting) he'd get around to it--though he didn't really say when that would be.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

SarahG

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 06:22:15 PM »
But Spriggan controls his all-important lines of fan communication. Also, he could plant a virus on his computer that doesn't let him work on anything else.

That would be a pretty fancy virus - would it shut things down if certain words (Elantris, Kaise, Daorn, Aon) weren't typed often enough?
He ate my horse.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 08:16:19 PM »
Not really, it could just be a service written in .NET that would/could scan what he's writing in Word via COM and look for certain things.  That would be simple to do, however preventing him from saving or shutting down would be harder.  I could prompt shutdowns but unless I have the username and password I don't beleive you can force one.

Most likely I'd just display popup windows telling him to work on Elantris 2 instead of what he was working on and just try to be annoying.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

SarahG

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 08:25:54 PM »
I don't know much about computers or viruses, but I find great amusement in hearing of new tricks for siblings to harass each other.

I think you should make a virus that doesn't allow him ever to type the sequence w-a-s-i-n-g, and if he tries it, the last paragraph gets deleted immediately.
He ate my horse.