Author Topic: Heroes: Season 3 *SPOILERS*  (Read 16143 times)

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: Heroes: Season 3 *SPOILERS*
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 09:10:14 PM »
I know. It's like they looked at Peter and Sylar and said "They're too powerful. Let's do something about that." And so last season, Sylar lost all his powers (which I still don't understand how he supposedly lost all his powers, but yet he still has telekinesis. That wasn't his original power. It was just the first power he stole...).

And now this season Daddy Petrelli stole all Pete's. And Pete can't even get them back, because he lost his MAIN power--the empath. He's pretty much a useless character now. I mean, I guess he could turn out to be like Noah and maybe even Ando, but Pete just doesn't seem to have the background for a life like Noah's, nor a good enough friend to be like Ando....Lame.

I must say, though, I love Sylar. I've always loved Sylar for some reason, even back when he was killing everyone in Season 1. I started liking him even more in the fastforward this season. "Peter, you should've told me you were coming. I would've made more waffles."...I thought it was hilarious.

I think the premise of this season is good--the turning of the heroes into villains. But the writers are executing it very poorly. I do like how they're making Sylar into a bit better of a character. I was hoping they'd do the same for Adam. Make the bad guys good and the good guys bad....But we all know how that turned out, for Adam at least. Still makes me mad. He had so much more potential.....

I'm hoping that if Daddy Petrelli doesn't steal Hiro's power (if he did, I would be FURIOUS!), Hiro will bring Adam back. Somehow. I don't know why he would, but maybe Hiro will see something in the future and he knows they need Adam...I hope.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2008, 09:20:19 PM »
I just hope they find a better solution than : Hiro goes back in time and disconnects Petrelli's life support and so the whole situation created this season just goes away.

That would be lame
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 09:26:26 PM »
I just hope they find a better solution than : Hiro goes back in time and disconnects Petrelli's life support and so the whole situation created this season just goes away.

That would be lame

No kidding. I didn't even think about that....I don't think the show's gone downhill quite THAT much....Prison Break on the other hand....But that's irrelevant for this discussion.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2008, 09:45:52 PM »
I'm gonna go ahead and admit I've completely stopped watching this show anymore. I fill my monday nights with Terminator: sarah connor chronicles instead.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2008, 09:50:01 PM »
Oh, I watch that show too! I still need to watch Monday's ep. After Heroes, I got completely absorbed reading HoA and missed Terminator....

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2008, 08:03:10 PM »
After catching last weeks episode finally, I have to say that this shore officially feels like a chore to watch. I really do not know what it is they are trying to do. The thought that keeps ringing in my head is, "I am so glad we had that writer's strike."

Nearly every show I keep track of is disappointing in one way or another. Terminator had a great first season, but this one is pretty hit and miss for me.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2008, 09:46:42 PM »
After catching last weeks episode finally, I have to say that this shore officially feels like a chore to watch. I really do not know what it is they are trying to do. The thought that keeps ringing in my head is, "I am so glad we had that writer's strike."

sorry but are you talking about heroes or terminator in this? For terminator I forget what made me think this but I loved how we've seen the characters grow and change.
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2008, 10:23:13 PM »
That comment was about Heroes.

Some of the Terminator episodes for this season seemed a little iffy to me, but a lot of them have been spot on.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2008, 10:25:40 PM »
I enjoy heroes because I like the characters and the ideas in the show. I don't know if this season is failing yet.

I have hope that all the things we see as let downs right now are just leading to something bigger and more exciting at season's end.

WARNING:

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2008, 11:01:34 PM »
I have hope that all the things we see as let downs right now are just leading to something bigger and more exciting at season's end.

That's what I'm hoping, too. It could turn into a false hope, but oh well. I've loved this show since before it aired, and I want to see where it goes. Even if that's into the gutter....Plus I want to know what Sylar's going to do to Daddy Pettrelli. And how Pete's gonna deal with his loss of powers.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
Has anyone considered that the formula that grants people powers will also restore them?  Ohh, I bet you are now.  I stopped watching it three weeks ago yet I can still follow the plot just by reading this thread.  That doesn't help my confidence in it's continued success.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2008, 03:20:32 AM »
Last night's episode was actually good, compared to that lame background one last week.

And I think the formula probably WILL end up restoring powers. Not sure about that, but I can't see Pete being without his powers for very long. I guess we'll see next week, since I'm sure that's when they'll test Claire out as the catalyst....And then he'll get his empath back and have to go collect the powers again....Shame, because it's probably gonna take a while before he can get telekinesis back. That's a sweet power.

In the comic book, it looked to me like the world was going to blow up at the eclipse. But then when Arthur drew it later, it just looked like the regular eclipse almost....I'm curious what the "it" means when they say "it's coming."...

I love the way Sylar/Gabriel's character is developing. He's getting to be so good. And now he can collect powers without killing people.....As long as he can empathize with them....It's pretty much exactly like Pete's. Not sure how much I like that, but I do like that he doesn't have to kill people anymore. That's cool.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2008, 03:18:13 PM »
I really liked this weeks episode too. I thought that it was definitely an improvement.

And it got me wondering if Elle is Sylar's future wife (mother of the future kid in the waffle episode)

WARNING:

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2008, 05:52:41 PM »
Sylar's dialogue in this episode was pretty lame. He just can't project any sincerity into his new "good guy" role.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 10:59:07 PM »
Does anyone else think it's cool that Sylar is in the new Star Trek movie?