All of them!
2 (8.3%)
Ruin
1 (4.2%)
Preservation
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: October 14, 2008, 05:24:45 AM

Author Topic: What will happen in book three: HOA.  (Read 17457 times)

Elmandr

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What will happen in book three: HOA.
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 09:49:23 PM »
My prediction for the end of the book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcn_TPu4qQ

So let me get this straight, your prediction for the end of the book is the unexpected entrance of tiny aliens singing a doom song?

I think your on to something!
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 09:57:08 PM »
See Ook that is what I meant. It will be until we are awaiting the next release of Brandons after MB3 that you will again have power over us. Alas. . .   I feel this weight that shall never be lifted. It feels as if Ooks oppressive use of insider knowledge will be pressing upon us forever. Will we ever find release??? I think not.

But in reality. For everything that I would give to have already read these books, I enjoy this. This pure simple form of theorizing with other fans who want to read this book as much as I do. I also enjoy the jabs Ook sends our way for I know that if I were the one in his position you would all dislike me very much. I would find so much evil pleasure in the use of this knowledge that I don't know if I would ever stop harassing fans.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 10:07:36 PM »
If I didn't think you got as much of a kick out of it as me (okay, well, perhaps not quite as much), I would probably stop. It wouldn't be any fun if it didn't prompt interesting conversation. Believe it or not, I'm actually not someone who enjoys torture for torture's sake.

Also there may come a day when I feel my job is done. Or Brandon may ask me to stop. Once a community reaches a certain size, it has its own momentum and doesn't need any insider injection.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 10:16:56 PM by Ookla The Mok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 10:26:40 PM »
I see. I would have pegged you for someone who enjoyed everything you did. But I can also see the reasoning for an insiders thoughts on subjects. I guess that puts you and me in different boats. I for one do not kid myself with thinking I wouldn't do if for fun. I would relish the times that people were close to a discovery just to dash those hopes with a little twist of words or a little false implied meaning.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 10:38:26 PM »
My prediction for the end of the book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcn_TPu4qQ

So let me get this straight, your prediction for the end of the book is the unexpected entrance of tiny aliens singing a doom song?

I think your on to something!
It was more an allegory of doom ruling all in the end. lol
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 10:42:58 PM »
I can't complain about Ookla too much. Some insider knowledge is better than no insider knowledge, you know, so it's all good. And I already knew he's read later books of Brandon's, but if I mentioned that in my doom post, it wouldn't be nearly as dramatic. Much less fun that way.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 10:50:04 PM »
No, I agree. I also agree that the knowlage he brings is welcome. I like having him around. I was just saying that I would abuse said power if it were mine. I'm also almost sure you would do the same Chaos. Seeing how you wanted to be TLR to reign with ultimate evil power.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 12:02:17 AM »
I see. I would have pegged you for someone who enjoyed everything you did. But I can also see the reasoning for an insiders thoughts on subjects. I guess that puts you and me in different boats. I for one do not kid myself with thinking I wouldn't do if for fun. I would relish the times that people were close to a discovery just to dash those hopes with a little twist of words or a little false implied meaning.
Oh, I'm not denying I do that or saying I don't enjoy it! That's not my only motivation, though, and if other people weren't getting anything out of it, my own sadistic enjoyment wouldn't be motivation enough. I have to be very careful what I do and don't say, you know. It takes effort.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 01:35:07 AM »
I can only imagine.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 01:35:13 AM »
No, I agree. I also agree that the knowlage he brings is welcome. I like having him around. I was just saying that I would abuse said power if it were mine. I'm also almost sure you would do the same Chaos. Seeing how you wanted to be TLR to reign with ultimate evil power.

But if I was the Lord Ruler, I would just be aloof all the time and spend my days at Kredik Shaw. I only abuse the power at the beginning, and then I just sit around.

Oh, I'm not denying I do that or saying I don't enjoy it! That's not my only motivation, though, and if other people weren't getting anything out of it, my own sadistic enjoyment wouldn't be motivation enough. I have to be very careful what I do and don't say, you know. It takes effort.

Right. The effect you put in to what you say pales in comparison to the effort we take to decipher it. To wit:

Quote from: The Ookla Theorem
Let f(x) be defined as a continuous function on the interval [0, ∞], and let E be a positive real number.

f(x) = E^E

Where E is the effort Ookla places, measured in MegaRages.

So you see, by this theorem (for proof, see The Time-Waster's Guide to Proofs, Part C, Theorem 78), for every MegaRage--that is, the amount you bang your head upon the wall in frustration--we look at your word with that amount of MegaRage raised to the value of the MegaRages! So, if you put in three MegaRages, we analyze it with twenty-seven MegaRages!

It's math, folks.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 01:38:51 AM by Chaos2651 »
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 02:14:05 PM »
Chaos, get some sleep!  I love the little tidbits Ook sends out.  They don't really help much, but they do get people talking.  I am of the belief that he only really helps with things that can already be figured out from the first two books.  Otherwise, he just teases you when your getting warm.  If you get too close, he won't say anything, which is obviously why he never comments on any of my theories.   :D
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 06:41:37 PM »
Oh, if you're getting too close, I might make a misdirecting comment. If I say nothing at all, you might be so off-base that there's no point. :)

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 06:50:26 PM »
Oh, if you're getting too close, I might make a misdirecting comment. If I say nothing at all, you might be so off-base that there's no point. :)
Or maybe we are dead on and you just can't think of anything to put us off so you just HOPE we think that. ;)

BTW:  What is a Mok?
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 09:07:12 PM »
Or maybe we are dead on and you just can't think of anything to put us off so you just HOPE we think that. ;)

BTW: What is a Mok?

Or, he waits until Chaos brings it up and then gives a clue in an attempt to make Chaos' head explode.  I swear sometimes reading these posts is like being with King Arthur at the Castle AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH, only without the french accents.  Maybe that is what a Mok is; a professional taunter.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 09:57:52 PM »

BTW: What is a Mok?

Or, he waits until Chaos brings it up and then gives a clue in an attempt to make Chaos' head explode.  I swear sometimes reading these posts is like being with King Arthur at the Castle AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH, only without the french accents.  Maybe that is what a Mok is; a professional taunter.
Well didn't you know that the best taunters were french? xD ha ha!  Wooo!.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。