Author Topic: Kwaan and the Inquistors  (Read 8687 times)

Elmandr

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Kwaan and the Inquistors
« on: September 19, 2008, 02:37:43 AM »
Quote from: Mistborn: The Final Empire; Epigraph for Chapter 29

29 – The others all think I should have had Kwaan executed for betraying me. To tell the truth, I’d probably kill him this moment if I knew where he’d gone. At the time, however, I just couldn’t do it.

The man had become like a father to me. To this day, I don’t know why he suddenly decided that I wasn’t the Hero. Why did he turn against me, denouncing me to the entire Conclave of Worldbringers?

Would he rather that the Deepness win ? Surely, even if I’m not the right one – as Kwaan now claims – my presence at the Well of Ascension couldn’t possibly be worse than what will happen if the Deepness continues to destroy the land.

We later learn that Kwaan ran to the Inquistor stronghold, where Sazed finds his etching...

Ok, what how are Kwaan and the Inquistors related?

He says that the only things that can be trusted are written in metal. He says that whatever was changing the prophecy has also changed the records in the keepers' mind....

Inquistors have metal jammed in there heads...

Is there a connection? or am i just mixing things?

"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
Re: Kwaan and the Inquistors
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 02:53:15 AM »
The issue is that the epigraph seems to be from Alendis point of view. We know that Alendi dies and Rashek takes the power of the WoA. So what does Rashek have to do with it is also part of the question. I mean Alendi sounds like he wants Kwaan dead but then why would Rashek I mean Kwaan was the one who sent Rashek with Alendi right so whats the deal? I dont know I feel that maybe Kwaan was the first Inquisitor, the original made that way by Rashek after his ascention. For reasons yet unknown. I mean it kinda fits the storyline timeline. By the time Kwaan gets to this place he is inscribing the metal Rashek takes the power. Then he transforms Kwaan into an inquisitor right were he was and thus the place of the inscription became an Inquisitor stronghold.

Just speculation.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:43:23 AM »
The location of the steel plate does not necessarily mean Kwaan was either at the Conventical of Seran nor had anything to do with Inquisitors. That's like saying Alendi was at Kedrick Shaw because the logbook was.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 03:45:43 AM »
It is a little harder to move a huge steel plate out of a cave than to move a logbook though. And if you think about it, it makes sense that Kwann would be hiding either in or around then-Terris, making it close enough to Luthadel to not be destroyed. (And for the record, Alendi was at Kredik Shaw, but because the Well of Ascension is there, not because of the logbook.)
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 03:49:51 AM »
oooohh BURN. No not really but it sounded nice anyway. I wasn't saying that's what happenend I just think its an interesting possability.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 03:54:35 AM »
Yes, you are right, it's very hard to move a steel plate when neither Inquisitors, Allomancers or Feruchemists have any ability to help them lift heavy things.
moustaches on the other.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 04:55:58 AM »
I just assumed that Rashek had the Conventical built around the place where the steel plate was.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 04:57:38 AM »
I don't know, I just got the impression that the steel plate was kept in the cave. Something about how the architecture was so different from the rest of the Conventical. I mean, we know Kwaan wrote the steel plate in a cold cave, and when he wrote it that place would have been a cold cave. I see no reason for it to be moved, and several implications of it staying there.
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 04:58:41 AM »
I don't know, I just got the impression that the steel plate was kept in the cave. Something about how the architecture was so different from the rest of the Conventical. I mean, we know Kwaan wrote the steel plate in a cold cave, and when he wrote it that place would have been a cold cave. I see no reason for it to be moved, and several implications of it staying there.

Which is why I've always just thought what Ookla thought. There doesn't have to be a connection to the Inquisitors.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 05:48:21 AM »

Which is why I've always just thought what Ookla thought. There doesn't have to be a connection to the Inquisitors.

Always a skeptic...lol.

Can you think of any other reason for the Inquistors to have metal spikes?

I thought that TLR, after returning from the mountain, worried--and rightfully so--about the Ruin, and so when he found out about Kwaan's theory of metal and how it cannot be corrupted, he decided to create beings according to so...

Kwaan could be the designer, or very possibly the first inquistor.
"I love you."
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

bhthomas

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 06:06:42 AM »
I thought ruin was controlling the Inquistors. As for kwaan being the designer i think its a good theory. I dont know why but i never got the impression that TRL was a super genius back when he was only like 30 years old. I some how thought he had help developing all the stuff he did. He could have gotten a lot smarter over his 1000 year lifespan though

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 06:25:19 AM »
I thought ruin was controlling the Inquistors. As for kwaan being the designer i think its a good theory. I dont know why but i never got the impression that TRL was a super genius back when he was only like 30 years old. I some how thought he had help developing all the stuff he did. He could have gotten a lot smarter over his 1000 year lifespan though

True, he must have grown wiser in the span of this 1000+ year life span but the Inquistors have been awhile...so who knows how old he was when they were created.
"I love you."
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 06:45:57 AM »
I just assumed that Rashek had the Conventical built around the place where the steel plate was.

Yeah, that was my assumption as well. I was merely pointing out that the location of the slate does not necessarily suggest Kwaan had anything to do with Inquisitors. I could build a museum around some dinosaur bones and that doesn't mean they fled to my museum and became curators. Sure, there's always the possibility but I find that dinosaurs are rather useless.
moustaches on the other.

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 06:49:19 AM »
I thought that TLR, after returning from the mountain, worried--and rightfully so--about the Ruin, and so when he found out about Kwaan's theory of metal and how it cannot be corrupted, he decided to create beings according to so...

Not quite following, considering that Ruin is controlling them because of the metal.
moustaches on the other.

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 06:52:39 AM »

Yeah, that was my assumption as well. I was merely pointing out that the location of the slate does not necessarily suggest Kwaan had anything to do with Inquisitors. I could build a museum around some dinosaur bones and that doesn't mean they fled to my museum and became curators. Sure, there's always the possibility but I find that dinosaurs are rather useless.

SO you would rather believe that Kwaan found a random open place, where there happened to be a slate of metal on a wall of earth, wrote his prophecy there...and then there was a stronghold? If i was going to write something as powerful as that i would be sure to find a secure, and safe place to hide it.
"I love you."
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"