Author Topic: The all encompassing UtopiaGreen1-10 thread  (Read 6043 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The all encompassing UtopiaGreen1-10 thread
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 12:49:24 PM »
Yeah but in reality I don't care. I spend alot of time at work on this site and between like 9 and 10 at night no one posts all that much so why not. He can feel good about himself by feeling that hes getting to me and I can feel good about the things I say, we all win.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

kevinpii

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 02:30:14 PM »
I can see this guy is a huge problem, I think it is hilarious listening to all the insults people are dishing out. this guy makes the most stupid insulting comments I think I have ever heard on a forum but the best way of making him go away is to just ignore him. im sure we can all tell its his topic before we even open it no matter what name he uses so maby if we just leave him alone he will go away. I guess its like they say arguing over the internet is like running in the special Olympics, no matter who wins your still retarded.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 02:50:24 PM »
Your right in that respect. Brenna is working on the issue and has asked us to stop posting in his threads so that she can delete them.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 03:06:40 PM »
Your right in that respect. Brenna is working on the issue and has asked us to stop posting in his threads so that she can delete them.

I've been wondering why that wasn't done earlier. I haven't really had a big problem with the guy, mainly because I am very choosy about what threads I read (especially in Brandon's forum because I haven't read Mistborn 2 yet).

When I was a moderator back in my writer's forum on runboard, we deleted stupid spammy topics whether they had replies or not :) 

I don't see a problem with banning the guy, but I'm not sure all the insulting is helpful. It doesn't look good (especially, as we've seen, to newer posters).
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

themaladroit1

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 03:37:51 PM »
So. I'm not Utopia. And after I got banned for just stating a few things I'd been thinking aboout, I'm leery of even speaking the name.  Yep, banned. Read my original thread. Really I don't think it was ban worthy. Just stating a few things. Guess I didn't know the whole story on the Troll, I guess is what you call people like that. Anyways, ya'll know how to make a person feel welcome. Not really sure it was worth all that to get back here, but thanks Brandon, for replying back to my email so quickly. I really appreciate it. And thanks to you too, Brenna, for getting me back on.  Hopefully everything is cleared up now. I just came here 'cause my family are all fans of the books. I can hardly wait for Hero and my sons are on edge for Alcatraz 2. So just thought I'd say hello and see if I can't stay on the forum for more than an hour this time :D

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 03:41:25 PM »
Welcome back.  I know the admins were trying very hard to get rid of Utopia, so I'm guessing they just overstepped a little.  I hope you'll continue to post and enjoy all the Mistborn-talk!
He ate my horse.

themaladroit1

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 03:42:54 PM »
By the by, I really didn't mean to EVER sound like a Utopia sympathizer. Just free country and all. Course I'm new and not really sure what all other things he'd done--annoying to be sure--and I'm sure he deserved it. Thanks again, and maybe I can really add something to this forum now that I have everything straightened out. Although I wouldn't hold my breath. One can hope. Thanks.

themaladroit1

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 03:45:11 PM »
Why, thank you, SarahG. I'm sure that was it. Glad to be back. And nice to meet you.

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 03:54:23 PM »
Welcome back, and I hope you have fun on the forums.  Make sure you check your PMs--I've sent you one to help you get started! 

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 04:21:02 PM »
Yeah welcome back guy. Look forward to seeing you on the boards

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 07:30:29 PM »
The thing you have to understand is that utopia was tolerated for a while before his inability to learn became clear and his posts became more inflammatory.  Most were just stupid, but some were getting rude and inducing flames and anger.  He was a classic example of an internet troll, except that the receiving audience was slightly more sophisticated than many forums and tried not to let him get away with it.

If you're willing to hold a decent, civil conversation, I welcome you here.
Nature hates being reified.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 10:51:53 PM »
I am extremely skeptical that they are different people.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 11:07:32 PM »

That's because you are too stodgy and in love with the fact of being a friend of Brandons.  ;)
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 11:12:56 PM »
Well, I for one never thought themaladroit1 was Utopia, because themaladroit could write effectively. That's good enough for me :D

Sorry if I sounded mean to you personally--it wasn't.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

themaladroit1

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 11:23:00 PM »
Well, not much I can really do to change your mind at this point. I just wanted you to know that my statement about stodgy and Brandon's friend wasn't really meant as an insult, more it was meant to convey that first opinions formed of a person by just reading a post are sometimes very far from the actual.  Meaning, just because I thought you sounded stodgy didn't mean you were and after reading a few more posts and your profile on the itroduction page I've come to see that you're--at least you sound--very intelligent and probably somebody who would be nice to be friends with. I'm not here to make enemies, just learn or be enlightened on some of Brandon's books.  I actually e-mailed Brandon a long time ago about the word maladroit and I'm pretty sure he knows I'm not the one to remain unnamed. Seems a leopard can't change his spots and I hope just by the fact of me being me that you'll see I'm a completely different person. Course, everyone's welcome to their own theories/opinions.  This might be better off as a PM but I'm still kinda trying to find my way around this thing.  Hope nobody is frustrated with me posting in, perhaps, the wrong place to be posting.  I couldn't figure out how to just reply to Ookla personally if anyone has any helpful hints it would be much appreciated.