Author Topic: Runes of Magic  (Read 1536 times)

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • You spilled my egg, I needed that egg. -Spike
    • View Profile
Runes of Magic
« on: September 17, 2008, 10:50:13 AM »
A new game nearing it's release in December, currently in Closed Beta but will soon be opened up to public testing I believe. Not only does it look somewhat decent as far as MMO's go, it's going to be completely free to play.

From a game play standpoint, it looks fairly solid. A mixture of WoW's controls and combat with the ideas that made FFXI unique. With fairly decent graphics and hopefully a smooth frame rate with little to no server lag, this game actually looks good, and as it gets closer to December I can't help but become a little excited about it. I just pray that it doesn't end up being like Runescape or Ragnarok.

Anyone else heard of this game, or even interested?

Here's the site: http://www.runesofmagic.com/en/index.html
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (RIP)

Hanami

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Re: Runes of Magic
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:46:27 PM »
I'm missing races there... but seems to be okay for me. I might try it when it comes into open beta, I like MMOs. And I hadn't heard about this one, thank you.

However, Shaiya (from Aeriagames), which I haven't tried, seems okay too, and it has good graphics, same as the one you're talking about... Hmm... maybe I should try both of them, they are both free to play... but I have a career to study!

If you happen to play it when it becomes open to normal public, please tell us your impressions.

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
  • You spilled my egg, I needed that egg. -Spike
    • View Profile
Re: Runes of Magic
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:48:42 AM »
Hm, true. The lack of races is concerning.

Upon further investigation though in March-May, somewhere in there, they will be releasing a content patch with elves I believe. I'm gonna check out Shaiya though, it looks cool.  :)
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (RIP)