Poll

Which Candidate Would You Like To Elect As HoA?

Chaos2651
13 (68.4%)
AndrewtheGreat
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: September 21, 2008, 12:19:22 AM

Author Topic: Election Day!  (Read 12815 times)

Elmandr

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Election Day!
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 09:51:38 PM »
Obviously both of these two supposed "Heroes" are in fact imposters. Neither shows the proper flair, the talent for heroic-ness. Neither have shown sufficient withdrawal from the elections; rather, they wade into the battle, flinging pewter dust left and right trying to embaress their opponents. A true Hero does not debate, does not claim to be
the Hero. Instead, like Alendi before him, a Hero must wait for the Prophet to announce him!
In light of these statements I must withhold my vote.

Last night, after eating a bucket of chocolate Royale ice cream and three bags of instant ramen, i had a vision....

The HOA stood before a massive legion of men from all corners of the land, he pointed at a distant mountain as he yelled ant rallied the men and beast alike. He turned and charged, and they after him.

i saw the HOA....
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 09:55:54 PM »
We are all people who have the ability to make the right decision for ourselves.

Elend made this same naive assumption. If I were you, I would instead promise titles. ;)

What about Prima Noctu?  ;)

dude, in a time like this, the people cannot be trusted to make decisions for themselves, Chaos would spread...Which is why you can't be the HOA, and if you did somehow manage to become him--Chaos2651 will come and clean your mess...because when Chaos comes it only leaves when it wishes.
"I love you."
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 10:25:46 PM »
Your support is deeply appreciated, my dear elmandr1. However, in my obligation to the Administration of TWG, I must request that you do not double--or in this case, triple post. It is far better for you to edit your own post than to double post.

I, of course, shall answer your inquiry in the Debates topic.

My friends, you are quite right about this mud fight. It echoes presidential politics, more interested in picking apart each others words. However, I must protest when my opponent attacks my very name. I cannot allow such a thing.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 10:42:15 PM »
It wasn't an attack it was a statement of fact.

If you could define the word Chaos for me then I would appreciate it. It seems you have some very good skills at defining it in your own way but I was more interested in what it really means.

Here is what I found
Merriam Webster Dictionary
1obsolete : chasm , abyss
2 often capitalized : a state of things in which chance is supreme ; especially : the confused unorganized state of primordial matter before the creation of distinct forms — compare cosmos b: the inherent unpredictability in the behavior of a complex natural system (as the atmosphere, boiling water, or the beating heart)
3 a: a state of utter confusion <the blackout caused chaos throughout the city> b: a confused mass or mixture <a chaos of television antennas>

I don't see how either of these fits into your definition.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 10:58:25 PM »
Perhaps, my friend GreenMonsta, I just chose it when I was 14 and I wanted a cool, unique internet title. I was successful, because "Chaos" is a cool word and "2651" is unique. This was not some ploy to throw the world into darkness, I chose it because it sounded cool. And because I have never changed this handle, you immediately know where I stand on all issues, because Googling my handle will always mean me, unlike Andrew, where I cannot discern any visible overarching history to go with his name, other than proclaiming himself to be Great.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 01:18:44 AM »
I understand the origin we probably all remember our first screen name (Fitzy657) I get it that's cool.

Really the only reason I pointed it out is because you attempted to glorify the word/title/name Chaos and twist it into an almost positive light. Now don't get me wrong you did a pretty good job of it. The only issue is none of it is right. I guess that's only a small oversight. Or maybe an omission. Seeing how you were aware that your half cocked definition was way off base.

I'm joking. Keep it up my friend I would like to see where this goes.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 01:36:05 AM »
I understand the origin we probably all remember our first screen name (Fitzy657) I get it that's cool.

Really the only reason I pointed it out is because you attempted to glorify the word/title/name Chaos and twist it into an almost positive light. Now don't get me wrong you did a pretty good job of it. The only issue is none of it is right. I guess that's only a small oversight. Or maybe an omission. Seeing how you were aware that your half cocked definition was way off base.

I'm joking. Keep it up my friend I would like to see where this goes.

*Stays in character*

Heinous lies. Fitzy657 does not exude coolness, but merely fiddles around with fitziness. Perhaps that means Andrew fitzes around bringing about no clear change.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 01:42:27 AM »
See the thing is if I thought I was up to your level I would have backed myself for this election. Seeing how I'm not involved personally I don't feel any shame realizing that my first choice of SN was weak and tied its self to me too closely so I left it in the dust for a name I could be more proud of. And ever since I've been happy with the result.

Also your side stepping. Its fine with me if you like to avoid truths. I mean that's exactly what I'm looking for in a Hero of Ages. Please ignore sensability and commence going completely out of control and attempt to avoid fitzing around because that is frowned upon.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:45:06 AM by GreenMonsta »

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2008, 02:02:50 AM »
*Stays in character*

*Has difficulty maintaining a straight face* *Composes self*

Quote from: My Opponent
I believe the axiom was "Great men do not seek power; they have power thrust upon them," not, "Great men give themselves titles in a hope to actually be great."

Perhaps, as you suggest, when I was 14 and thinking of a screen name, I wished for something to progress toward. Is it wrong to make my goals of greatness public? Is there any man who does not wish to be great at least one time in his life? In styling myself, "the Great," I did not wish to mislead anyone into believing that I am already great. Instead, I wished to inform them of my quest to be great. I also wished to illustrate my potential to be great, which I would fill as the Hero of Ages.

I mentioned nothing of my contract in my retort because I feel that I have already said all that needs to be said on the matter. Should you have further questions regarding the matter, feel free to bring them up an I will answer them if I am able.

I do not villify your bowing to the authority of Brenna. I myself would do the same. I do, however, condemn your oath of fealty to her. In making yourself her vassal, you simply set yourself up as a puppet. Those of you who support Chaos, know that you are not in fact supporting Chaos, but supporting Brenna as the Hero of Ages when you vote for him. While Brenna is a great person, she hasn't even been here to announce candidacy.

And (this comment is directed at My Opponent) who are you to say that I am competent in all-things mistborn, then turn around and say that I do not possess the judgment to hold the power? Who are you to accuse me of making things up as I go along? I have made nothing up, only proved my extensive knowledge.

I shall now proceed to answer the question directed at me in the debates thread.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2008, 03:50:42 AM »
My dear friends, I would like to take this moment to interrupt my scheduled response and let us have a small memorial for UtopiaGreen.

May he never walk the forum again.

In this heated election season, I believe that is something we can all agreed upon.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2008, 03:52:38 AM »
Here Here!! 

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2008, 04:30:37 AM »
My dear friends, I would like to take this moment to interrupt my scheduled response and let us have a small memorial for UtopiaGreen.

May he never walk the forum again.

In this heated election season, I believe that is something we can all agreed upon.

UtopiaGreen?

Synopsis please....
"I love you."
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2008, 07:32:12 AM »
You know what because I like both of you and Chaos has a follower I think I'll throw my lot in with Andrew. I mean how could he not be the HoA with a name that ends in The Great. Plus Chaos gets fell points and thats not sweet.

Aren't Fell Points a good thing to get?

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2008, 07:40:54 AM »
The Chaos2651 Campaign for All Ages officially proclaims that Fell Points are good things.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2008, 08:00:04 AM »
You know what because I like both of you and Chaos has a follower I think I'll throw my lot in with Andrew. I mean how could he not be the HoA with a name that ends in The Great. Plus Chaos gets fell points and thats not sweet.

Aren't Fell Points a good thing to get?
In reality they are.  In this election. . . anything goes.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。