Poll

Which Candidate Would You Like To Elect As HoA?

Chaos2651
13 (68.4%)
AndrewtheGreat
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: September 21, 2008, 12:19:22 AM

Author Topic: Election Day!  (Read 12818 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: Election Day!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 06:54:42 AM »
As I have nothing to hide, my name is Eric. All you needed to do was ask.

Total change? My friend, you misinterpret my meaning. Change for change's sake is just as irresponsible as a permanent stagnation. Now, I had thought I made it clear that I do not support change for destruction, as Ruin advocates, and I definitely do not approve of a Preservation-brought stagnation. Therefore, I am not attached to either force, unlike what you want the citizens to believe.

I had believed that the alternative was insinuated. If not Ruin nor Preservation, but still change, then that change would need to be a positive, responsible one. Since I oppose both of those extremes, then I thought that I clearly support a middle ground, and a balance between the two.

Quote from: My Opponent
I, if given the honor of this office, would use the power bestowed upon me not to advocate total change as my opponent seems to, but to carefully balance the forces of change and preservation, preserving our culture and those parts of our society which will help us as a people to function more effectively, while simultaneously changing those parts that stagnate us, that hold us down.

Isn't that exactly what a dynamic system is supposed to act like? If so, then any man can plainly see that is what I advocate.

For future reference, I won't dare leave something like that up to interpretation. I thought you and I could have an intelligent, meaningful debate, but clearly I was mistaken.

I did not syle myself "the Great" out of arrogance, but out of the hope that I could one day rise to fill the shoes I had taken upon myself.

I believe the axiom was "Great men do not seek power; they have power thrust upon them," not, "Great men give themselves titles in a hope to actually be great."

Never mind that in the first post following my rather more extensive theory on Hemalurgy, My Opponent expressed his opinion that it was the best hemalurgy theory on the boards. I never claimed to be the origin of all these many ideas, I simply wanted to point out that at about the time I showed up on the boards, many of these seperate, smaller ideas started to fit together in ways that you had not yet imagined. I have proved time and time again my competency. In fact, my ability to take others ideas and improve them far beyond what they had initially imagined is one of my greatest traits. But does this mean that I cannot come up with my own ideas? Of course not. There are a multitude of examples all around you of the brilliance I have brought. Do not be deceived by my opponents trickery.

Competency, my friend, is something we are both well-versed in. We both are competent men, yes? Like you, I often take a small idea and cultivate it into a grand one. It's a moot point. What is more important is that you claim omniscience in your speech, when such a thing is not possible without holding the power at the Well of Ascension.

I cannot help but notice that you mentioned nothing of your contract in your retort, when that is the true issue. You make up things as you go along, hoping to slip fear into the citizens, and then praying that it will make you win on election day.

You don't have the judgment to hold the power properly. I, on the other hand, have been nothing but straightforward. I am the Hero of Ages.

This message approved by The Chaos2651 Campaign, because we cannot afford another Lord Ruler.

P.S. How dare you vilify me for bowing down to the authority of Brenna or not being available during my move to college? If you want to start an argument over "who has the commitment necessary to be the Hero of Ages", fine, but you are restricted by your mother, while I have no such inhibiting force. I will win such an argument.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:05:34 AM by Chaos2651 »
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 06:57:46 AM »
For reasons that are unspeakable of here I fully endorse Chaos. ;)

EDIT: *cough cough*  I have been informed that that is not a proper endorsement.

I have been on TWG for right around 2 years now.  After a month or so, after I first joined, I withdrew from posting in the threads.  I found no reason to, until the days that Chaos began to post.  I then found myself inclined to post do to the amount of "chaos" he was causing.  I now found reason to discuss and debate with others about the workings of the world we know as "The Mistborn World."

The boards had been stagnate, not much happening that held merit before Chaos came here.  Through his theorizing and subtle use of words he has enlightened us and brought us closer to what is "the truth" of this world.  Now recently he made a passing statement mentioning his status as the Hero of Ages.  He was then immediately struck at by Andrew "the Great".  Which further VALIDATES my candidate's proposal of Andrew being a fraud who simply steals titles and greatness from others rather than earning them himself.

You know what this reminds me of?  Andrew reminds me of a president.  One who spun dirty nasty lies in order to give himself more power than he deserved.  He claimed greatness that wasn't his.  His name. . . was Nixon.  Are we going to stand here and watch another "Nixon" take over and try to put himself above the system?  I THINK NOT!

Chaos also reminds me of a president, although this time one much more benevolent.  One who is forgiving, one who is of the people and doesn't seem himself as above the others even the he is "greater" than them.  That president was Carter, who wholeheartedly forgave Nixon of his transgressions and let him live his life untarnished.  He, in a way gave Nixon something back.  He gave him the gift of forgiveness, he gave him a second chance at life.  Now I can expect nothing more from Chaos ONCE he IS elected.  I am sure he will forgive, and ask all of us to do the same, Andrew for this ploy.

Chaos WILL win this election.  Not because he sees himself as "better" than Andrew, but because the title is rightfully his.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:13:25 AM by miyabi »
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Elmandr

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 07:04:25 AM »

CHAOS!
[/b][/i][/color][/u]

"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 07:23:36 AM »
This election is a farce without an independent candidate! With the noticeable absence of Ralph Nader, I nominate SarahG. Yes, she has little experience having only been a hero for one year and did allow her down syndrome baby to post a bunch of topics about kindle and free books but she is the candidate with by far, the best platform. Not to mention she looks good in a swimming suit holding obsidian daggers (probably photoshopped though).
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 02:47:03 PM »
Nominate whoever you want.  In the end, whoever gets to the Well first wins, just ask Alendi............
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 06:28:11 PM »
This election is a farce without an independent candidate! With the noticeable absence of Ralph Nader, I nominate SarahG. Yes, she has little experience having only been a hero for one year and did allow her down syndrome baby to post a bunch of topics about kindle and free books but she is the candidate with by far, the best platform. Not to mention she looks good in a swimming suit holding obsidian daggers (probably photoshopped though).

I am deeply honored by your confidence in, and support of, me.  However, I have no immediate plans to run for office.  I may be forming an exploratory committee soon, and in the meantime, please feel free to write in my name on the ballot.

EDIT: In the interest of full disclosure, I ought to warn any potential supporters that my eldest daughter, a skaa, was recently impregnated by an obligator.

And how did you find that swimsuit picture?  I was assured that all copies, including those in metalminds, had been destroyed.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:39:57 PM by SarahG »
He ate my horse.

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 07:09:29 PM »
And how did you find that swimsuit picture?  I was assured that all copies, including those in metalminds, had been destroyed.

It was etched in steel and hung in the Inquisitor bathroom. Pervs.
moustaches on the other.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 07:57:13 PM »

It was etched in steel and hung in the Inquisitor bathroom. Pervs.
I was too busy looking at the picture of Vegas to notice the one of Sarah. :$
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 08:58:55 PM »
I was too busy looking at the picture of Vegas to notice the one of Sarah. :$

Yeah, I put it there when I went to go check hers out and yes, that is how I look. No etching tricks there.
moustaches on the other.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 09:00:37 PM »
I find that a major issue with this election is that you people are relying on what you think you know. Ook takes Chaos because he knows him, ok he worked with him and that for some reason makes him the right choice. I understand, just because you work with someone it means there is no possability of finding a better candidate.  Ok that makes sense. I guess.

elmandr1  takes Chaos for reasons yet unknown. (I'm not sure I want to know)

And miyabi takes Chaos because he also has known Chaos for some time and is also under the illusion that because you know someone that makes them the right choice.

Im not attempting to call anyone out here, I think we can all agree that making this into a mud fight is unnecessary. All I'm trying to do is ask the voters to attempt to understand the candidates before you go and make a decision based on someone elses experience.

We are all people who have the ability to make the right decision for ourselves.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 09:08:28 PM »
We are all people who have the ability to make the right decision for ourselves.

Elend made this same naive assumption. If I were you, I would instead promise titles. ;)
moustaches on the other.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 09:13:26 PM »
Obviously both of these two supposed "Heroes" are in fact imposters. Neither shows the proper flair, the talent for heroic-ness. Neither have shown sufficient withdrawal from the elections; rather, they wade into the battle, flinging pewter dust left and right trying to embaress their opponents. A true Hero does not debate, does not claim to be
the Hero. Instead, like Alendi before him, a Hero must wait for the Prophet to announce him!
In light of these statements I must withhold my vote.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 09:15:49 PM »

Elend made this same naive assumption. If I were you, I would instead promise titles. ;)

What about Prima Noctu?  ;)
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 09:43:03 PM »
...a Hero must wait for the Prophet to announce him!

Is VegasDev the Prophet?
He ate my horse.

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 09:47:15 PM »
I find that a major issue with this election is that you people are relying on what you think you know. Ook takes Chaos because he knows him, ok he worked with him and that for some reason makes him the right choice. I understand, just because you work with someone it means there is no possability of finding a better candidate.  Ok that makes sense. I guess.

elmandr1  takes Chaos for reasons yet unknown. (I'm not sure I want to know)

And miyabi takes Chaos because he also has known Chaos for some time and is also under the illusion that because you know someone that makes them the right choice.

Im not attempting to call anyone out here, I think we can all agree that making this into a mud fight is unnecessary. All I'm trying to do is ask the voters to attempt to understand the candidates before you go and make a decision based on someone elses experience.

Nothing against you my dear man. You are taking this personal but its far more than that--this is a matter of the fate of the world, not a petty person.

Im not choosing man over man, im choosing thee man--anyone else must be rejected.

I have sat and spoken with dear Chaos2651 about certian issues--read his prior posts and viewed his profile. Then i was convinced. utterly and hoplessly convinced.

He isn't the smartest, nor is he the strongest. But when it comes to the manner of HOA and the history and theoratical aspects of Mistborn and all that is unkown--no man, in my opinion, has a firmer grasp.

....however this is a democratical race, thus i am required to give everyman a fair and equal say for his own self.

I will ask you both a question, and he who answers this the best shall have my vote.

When the deepness is destroyed and all is stable again....what form of government will, you as the HOA, Rule under?
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"