Poll

Which Candidate Would You Like To Elect As HoA?

Chaos2651
13 (68.4%)
AndrewtheGreat
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: September 21, 2008, 12:19:22 AM

Author Topic: Election Day!  (Read 12813 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Election Day!
« on: September 16, 2008, 12:19:22 AM »
Seen as how this topic has become more and more fervently argued I decide to hold elections.

I would like to request that both parties involved write speeches and I will post them within this post of the topic.  All debate on said topic should be done here.  At the end of the week September 20, 2008 our election will close and the results will be revealed.  At that time we will know who the REAL HoA is.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Please do not vote until the speeches have been written. ;)

EDIT:  After all.  This is how Elend would want it done, ne?

And here they are!  The speeches!

When in the course of Human Events, it becomes necessary for one person to be elected over another as the Hero of Ages, it is obvious that the person selected should have both skill and intelligence. When all of the candidates meet these requirements, you should choose the one who has the more heroic name. Obviously, do you people have to have me prophesy everything for you?

The above is an excerpt from the Prophecies of the Terris Religion. How did I get it, you ask? Well, you see, I am the Hero of Ages. I know everything about the Terris Religion. I have it memorized. But I'm not allowed to tell you until Mistborn 3 comes out. It's in my contract. So don't ask.

Now, I obviously have the more heroic name. I mean seriously. We have Chaos2651 (What kind of hero has a number in his/her name anyway? That's like me being named Andrew the Gr8. Seriously. Who can take that seriously?) and Andrew the Great. Andrew the Great rolls off the tongue easier, it is more pleasant to read...You can memorize it without spending hours thinking about, "Is it a two or a five there? No, it's six. Dang it!" Why would a hero do this to you? He obviously would not, which is why my name is more heroic.

Now, I would like you to notice a trend. This board was dark and dreary in the days of 2007. There was much discussion and theorizing, but little to no progress toward discovering the truth about Mistborn 3. Then I came to the boards, and suddenly everything changed. I, being omniscient in regard to the Mistborn World (I also can't tell you what it's called. Contract. Sorry.), blessed this board with my enlightened presence. And suddenly ideas started to come together, and things began to make sense.

But if you need more proof, look to Chaos' signature.
Chaos will reign, and not just because it's my name. I blame entropy for it.
As you can see, Chaos does not wish to steer the world into a better state. He would turn our fair world over to the mercy of Ruin, and let him turn it into an chaotic wasteland! We must not, nay, cannot let this happen!

Besides, I am consistently on these boards. We need a strong, consistent force as the Hero of Ages. Not someone who takes a week-and-a-half-long leave of absence for as ridiculous a reason as, "I'm going to college and can't post for a week because my computer's in a box." He refuses to take his computer out of a box and post! How can we trust him to have the commitment necessary to be the Hero of Ages? We cannot.

It is obvious that I am the Hero. Let us stop this farce and move our world forward to where it truly belongs!!!!!

This message has the full approval of Andrew the Great. (Green, you can quote that at the bottom of yours if you want... but only if you change my name from Andre to Andrew in the first sentence)

I would like to begin with the story of the Lord Ruler.

This is the fiend in the world who claimed to be the Hero of Ages, and in this false claim that he defeated the Deepness, he made the world his own, and by doing so, he had destroyed the world. He sat back, content in his godhood, while he let the world stagnate and suffer through his oppression.

My friends, my countrymen, this is the enemy we must fight. Stagnation, Preservation, and worst of all, Complacency.

My name does not mean destruction; to say so is ignorance, at best. It does not even mean an "without order", despite the common Order/Chaos duality. No, my friends, I am not the embodiment of destruction as my opponent and his squad of attack dogs would like to claim. I am the spirit of change.

We live in a world constantly changing, a system that changes dynamically. One hundred years ago, the world was without the computer, and yet, this entire election now takes place on the Internet, a thing that hundred years ago could not be conceived. New ideas constantly materialize, and old ideas constantly fade away. It is dynamic: no one can deny this. Two years ago, neither Andrew nor I walked this forum, which--at least in my life--has profoundly altered my ways of thinking.

You see, "Chaos" is not some harbinger of destruction, but the analog for change. Things change all around us, unforeseen and unknown until it happens. Change is essentially chaos because it is not "ordered", or structured as a king demanding that a person become, say, a blacksmith. True, it has the semblance of change, but really, like the Lord Ruler, it is stagnation. In fact, all who study thermodynamics can clearly see that, as in my signature, chaos always does reign. Every change corresponds with an increase in entropy, or "chaos". All biological processes result in an overall increase in entropy; in fact, none of us could do anything if it was not for the nature of chaos.

Opposing the idea of "chaos", logically, is the worst possible decision one could make. Opposing chaos means opposing any change, and opposing change opposes the world, because the world could not exist without constant changes. None of us could breathe, because the eternal exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide is a dynamic system, never stagnating to one side or the other.

I am not trying to be subtle in my message here, my friends. Andrew "the Great" is the king I refer to in my previous statement. I am fundamentally different from Andrew--we are, in a sense, diametrically opposed. This man stands for stagnation in all of its forms. He would vilify the honorable name of chaos and side, instead, for a world which could never change.

The fact that he claims to be the Hero of Ages is exactly the same as Rashek's logic. Rashek virtually gave him a title for himself when he slew Alendi. Andrew, similarly, gave him the title of "the Great" when he arrived on TWG. That he would be so atrociously arrogant to bestow upon himself a title reserved for people with the stature of true greatness like Alexander the Great shocks me to the core. For all we know, Andrew killed for his title just as Rashek did, and look what that did to the past thousand years.

I gave myself numbers in my name to show my uniqueness, not in any underhanded ploy. In fact, if you Google "Chaos2651" or put it into AIM, MSN Messenger, or YIM, it is me. I make no effort to hide the past, because any Google result for "Chaos2651" is me. I do not think I could say the same for my opponent. Now that I Google "Andrew the Great", we can now see that he really does think of himself as a saint, irreverently stealing the title from the "Church of St. Andrew the Great Cambridge". I am not arrogant to assume that I am a saint, I only set out to convince you that I am the Hero of Ages--I will not steal the title as Andrew stole "the Great", or proclaimed himself to be "the Great". I will firmly follow the rites of democracy.

You see, the truth cannot be obscured. My opponent would obscure the truth, or even flat out lie. He hides behind his "contract" claiming to know everything about the Mistborn World. Can we risk believing him? Can we risk another Lord Ruler? I think not.

The truth is, I am the Hero of Ages, and will prove it by dispelling Andrew's web of lies, the most obviously false being this:

Quote from: My Opponent
Then I came to the boards, and suddenly everything changed. I, being omniscient in regard to the Mistborn World (I also can't tell you what it's called. Contract. Sorry.), blessed this board with my enlightened presence. And suddenly ideas started to come together, and things began to make sense.

Never mind that it was I, Chaos2651, who first noted the duality between Ruin and Preservation on the forum. Never mind that it was I, Chaos2651, who first created the Comprehensive Hemalurgy Thread when it was truly needed, and never mind that I came up with the first real theory upon how Hemalurgy actually operated (Andrew posted a similar theory a page or two later which bore an eerie resemblance to mine).

The record clearly shows that I am the more competent in the lore of Mistborn, while my opponent insists that he really does know more, but could never tell you until Mistborn 3 comes out. These are fear tactics; fear tactics which should not be tolerated.

Apparently, we should give the fate of the world over to someone who steals his own titles and then, in the same fluid motion, proclaim that his own ill-gotten title makes him more heroic. Never mind his lies, never mind he appears to be the reincarnation of Rashek reborn, and certainly never mind that would put his false "contract" to persuade you. He makes no attempt at transparency, merely believing in his arrogant heart that you should just name him the next Lord Ruler when he has nothing at his side except being an Allomancer (again, with no verification).

My record stands for itself, my friends. I am a seer, while he is a liar. I hide nothing, while he hides everything. The last thing we need is another Lord Ruler; we need someone who can stand up for truth and honor like me. Most of all, I will never be manipulated into falsehoods--this speech should say that much, that I will never stand falsely before you.

I humbly plead for you to vote for me instead of this tyrant-in-the-making.

This message is approved by The Chaos2651 Campaign for All Ages, not just 2008, because this is for the Hero of Ages, not just a single year.
[/color]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:45:42 AM by miyabi »
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: Election Day!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 12:23:03 AM »
This shall be fun :D.

EDIT: This isn't my speech, but I thought I'd quote this loving endorsement of me.

You know what because I like both of you and Chaos has a follower I think I'll throw my lot in with Andrew. I mean how could he not be the HoA with a name that ends in The Great. Plus Chaos gets fell points and thats not sweet.

Your church vs. mine!

It's definitly Chaos2651, think about it. The HOA will hold the greatest power in the known land, The HOA will have the ability to change worlds, create and destroy anything.

Which makes him dangerous. Remember what we read in the begining of book three, knowing the power is different then understanding it.

And so i argue, my fellow followers to be, who can better avoid and understand how to keep way from such disasters than CHAOS itself? CHAOS is not his name! NO, it is who he is. Rashek did not know what the consequences of his actions, he wasn't aware of the manner in which Chaos emerged. And so, from his foolishness, it came, and usurped the world, killing all beauty and crippling life! We need a HOA that knws the innerworkings of Chaos so that he might avoid setting them off....If he so chooses, that is.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:38:34 AM by Chaos2651 »
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 01:17:13 AM »
Uuuuuuummmmm, It IS my name.  Wouldn't you think it is me??
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 02:39:16 AM »
As a registered supporter of Andre The Great I feel it is my duty to make a statement.

I ask who among you wants a man who apparently embodies Chaos? Who would willingly decide to take the path of daggers? Not I. not a man who has faith in Andrew The Great. Since when is being chaotic a good sign for an elected party. Since when does following the unknown give you strength? I for one needed to put my faith in someone who can be followed. A man who has earned the title Andrew The Great. "Oh" you say, "Andrew The Great" you say "what makes him so great?" well I say what doesn't. He is a consistant and strong force on these boards, a man you can have faith in to tell you like it is. He is a man who has always put things in a new perspective for me. Ask yourself, how many times has Andrew The Great posted something that you were going to post. How many times did he post something that was unexpected and insightful. I say pick a candidate that doesn't embody Chaos and follow someone Great.

This endorsement was not authorized by Andrew The Great 2008 and is subject to any alterations mandated by Andrew The Great.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 02:52:48 AM »
September 15, 2008

To whom it may concern:

It is a genuine pleasure and honor for me to recommend Chaos2651.  Chaos worked with me in the Posting Department at TWG for 1 years. He began here as Poster and continued to serve with increasing skill in that capacity .

During Chaos's service with us I admired him for his many valuable qualities, and regarded him with evermore respect.  Very goal oriented as well as a team player, Chaos was always punctual, yet easygoing.  He was keenly devoted to his work, but being a real people person, he was also enjoyable to be around.

Chaos demonstrated from early in his tenure that he understood what business is all about. He was well organized and thrived under adversity. He kept a sharp eye on the bottom line, but realized too that customer satisfaction is what makes or breaks your business. I suppose doing well in business is easy if you are, as he was, driven in equal measure by both quality and efficiency.

I would like to be very clear about why Chaos is no longer with us.  Chaos is available for new challenges only because of his desire to learn and grow further. We would have loved to see him stay, but certainly understand his need to advance beyond the positions we have available.

In closing, let me say I have no hesitation in recommending Chaos2651 for any position pertaining to Hero of Ages.  I feel confident he would be an asset to your organization.

Sincerely,

Ookla The Mok

Doesn't anyone get the point? It doesn't matter for squat that Mr. Andrew the Great, Esq.'s continual falsifications of history neatly illustrate his adherence to alcoholism. What's far more relevant is that Mr. Great is destructive -- maybe "disgusting" would be a more applicable adjective. The nitty-gritty of what I'm about to write is this: Mr. Great is absolutely determined to believe that he has achieved sainthood, and he's not about to let facts or reason get in his way. He may unwittingly dump effluent into creeks, lakes, streams, and rivers. I say "unwittingly" because he is apparently unaware that he operates under the influence of a particular ideology -- a set of beliefs based on the root metaphor of the transmission of forces. Until you understand this root metaphor you won't be able to grasp why in public, Mr. Great vehemently inveighs against corruption and sin. But when nobody's looking, Mr. Great never fails to deliver an additional blow to dignity and self-worth.

Mr. Great may be sincere, but he is also sincerely incorrigible. He says that genocide, slavery, racism, and the systematic oppression, degradation, and exploitation of most of the world's people are all utterly justified. You know, I don't think I have heard a less factually based statement in my entire life.

By allowing Mr. Great to create an untrue and injurious impression of an entire people, we are allowing him to play puppet master. He serves as a conduit that carries the élan vital of hedonism. But let's not lose sight of the larger, more important issue here: his lecherous, chthonic beliefs. What we're involved in with Mr. Great is not a game. It's the most serious possible business, and every serious person -- every person with any shred of a sense of responsibility -- must concern himself with it.

This is a free country, and I assert we ought to keep it that way. I am not fooled by Mr. Great's homophobic and eristic rhetoric. I therefore gladly accept the responsibility of notifying others that if Mr. Great can't be reasoned out of his prejudices, he must be laughed out of them. If Mr. Great can't be argued out of his selfishness, he must be shamed out of it.

Mr. Great works from the false assumption that most people actually want evil autocrats to organize a whispering campaign against me. Of that I am certain because Mr. Great commonly appoints ineffective people to important positions. He then ensures that these people stay in those positions because that makes it easy for Mr. Great to make my stomach turn. As this letter draws to a close, I want to challenge you, the reader, to admonish Mr. Andrew the Great, Esq. not seven times, but seventy times seven. That's what I intend to do until my last breath.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 03:02:17 AM by Ookla The Mok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 03:27:34 AM »
Uuuuuuummmmm, It IS my name.  Wouldn't you think it is me??

Obviously not, that would be too obvious.

Now, for my speech:

When in the course of Human Events, it becomes necessary for one person to be elected over another as the Hero of Ages, it is obvious that the person selected should have both skill and intelligence. When all of the candidates meet these requirements, you should choose the one who has the more heroic name. Obviously, do you people have to have me prophesy everything for you?

The above is an excerpt from the Prophecies of the Terris Religion. How did I get it, you ask? Well, you see, I am the Hero of Ages. I know everything about the Terris Religion. I have it memorized. But I'm not allowed to tell you until Mistborn 3 comes out. It's in my contract. So don't ask.

Now, I obviously have the more heroic name. I mean seriously. We have Chaos2651 (What kind of hero has a number in his/her name anyway? That's like me being named Andrew the Gr8. Seriously. Who can take that seriously?) and Andrew the Great. Andrew the Great rolls off the tongue easier, it is more pleasant to read...You can memorize it without spending hours thinking about, "Is it a two or a five there? No, it's six. Dang it!" Why would a hero do this to you? He obviously would not, which is why my name is more heroic.

Now, I would like you to notice a trend. This board was dark and dreary in the days of 2007. There was much discussion and theorizing, but little to no progress toward discovering the truth about Mistborn 3. Then I came to the boards, and suddenly everything changed. I, being omniscient in regard to the Mistborn World (I also can't tell you what it's called. Contract. Sorry.), blessed this board with my enlightened presence. And suddenly ideas started to come together, and things began to make sense.

But if you need more proof, look to Chaos' signature.
Chaos will reign, and not just because it's my name. I blame entropy for it.
As you can see, Chaos does not wish to steer the world into a better state. He would turn our fair world over to the mercy of Ruin, and let him turn it into an chaotic wasteland! We must not, nay, cannot let this happen!

Besides, I am consistently on these boards. We need a strong, consistent force as the Hero of Ages. Not someone who takes a week-and-a-half-long leave of absence for as ridiculous a reason as, "I'm going to college and can't post for a week because my computer's in a box." He refuses to take his computer out of a box and post! How can we trust him to have the commitment necessary to be the Hero of Ages? We cannot.

It is obvious that I am the Hero. Let us stop this farce and move our world forward to where it truly belongs!!!!!

This message has the full approval of Andrew the Great. (Green, you can quote that at the bottom of yours if you want... but only if you change my name from Andre to Andrew in the first sentence)

Now, for those of you who have question regarding this election, I suggest you take them here.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 05:28:13 AM by Andrew the Great »
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 03:35:31 AM »
It's in my contract. So don't ask.

[. . .] (I also can't tell you what it's called. Contract. Sorry.)

All this talk of your "Contract" has made me very suspicious that you are, in fact, a Kandra. Can you prove that you are not a Kandra?
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 03:39:23 AM »
That goes in the Heroic Debate thread. But yes, I can. You see, I can use allomancy. I am, in fact, a time-traveling mistborn (not the same one that's supposed to be killing darx. He's a rather sloppy colleague of mine.) But the point it, I can use allomancy.

However, I am not allowed to show you any allomantic abilities or confirm any Mistborn 3 theories until after Mistborn 3 is released. You see, Brandon approached me and asked if he could write my tale, but as a stipulation required that I sign a non-disclosure contract (the contract I was referring to) until after the release of Mistborn 3.

Doesn't anyone get the point? It doesn't matter for squat that Mr. Andrew the Great, Esq.'s continual falsifications of history neatly illustrate his adherence to alcoholism. What's far more relevant is that Mr. Great is destructive -- maybe "disgusting" would be a more applicable adjective. The nitty-gritty of what I'm about to write is this: Mr. Great is absolutely determined to believe that he has achieved sainthood, and he's not about to let facts or reason get in his way. He may unwittingly dump effluent into creeks, lakes, streams, and rivers. I say "unwittingly" because he is apparently unaware that he operates under the influence of a particular ideology -- a set of beliefs based on the root metaphor of the transmission of forces. Until you understand this root metaphor you won't be able to grasp why in public, Mr. Great vehemently inveighs against corruption and sin. But when nobody's looking, Mr. Great never fails to deliver an additional blow to dignity and self-worth.

Mr. Great may be sincere, but he is also sincerely incorrigible. He says that genocide, slavery, racism, and the systematic oppression, degradation, and exploitation of most of the world's people are all utterly justified. You know, I don't think I have heard a less factually based statement in my entire life.

By allowing Mr. Great to create an untrue and injurious impression of an entire people, we are allowing him to play puppet master. He serves as a conduit that carries the élan vital of hedonism. But let's not lose sight of the larger, more important issue here: his lecherous, chthonic beliefs. What we're involved in with Mr. Great is not a game. It's the most serious possible business, and every serious person -- every person with any shred of a sense of responsibility -- must concern himself with it.

This is a free country, and I assert we ought to keep it that way. I am not fooled by Mr. Great's homophobic and eristic rhetoric. I therefore gladly accept the responsibility of notifying others that if Mr. Great can't be reasoned out of his prejudices, he must be laughed out of them. If Mr. Great can't be argued out of his selfishness, he must be shamed out of it.

Mr. Great works from the false assumption that most people actually want evil autocrats to organize a whispering campaign against me. Of that I am certain because Mr. Great commonly appoints ineffective people to important positions. He then ensures that these people stay in those positions because that makes it easy for Mr. Great to make my stomach turn. As this letter draws to a close, I want to challenge you, the reader, to admonish Mr. Andrew the Great, Esq. not seven times, but seventy times seven. That's what I intend to do until my last breath.

In this libelous  statement, Mr. Mok only proves that he is increasingly radical in his ideology. He also proves his inherent out-of-touch-ness with our current world situation.  He tries to disguise his own self-righteous pride in his (lack of) ability of political analysis behind obscure and repulsive statements designed to lead the public astray. i would urge you voters out there to avoid the lies of Mr. Mok, and instead formulate your own opinions based on the countless examples of quality posts you have seen from me. That is all I have to say. Thank you.

Side note: Am I the only one who is currently unable to view the results of the poll? I wish to see how things are progressing.

I would also like to point out that Chaos recently gave up his Biochromatic Breath to Brenna in the new mod thread. He also swore fealty to her. These are obviously unacceptable things for anyone claiming to be the Hero of Ages to do.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 04:03:42 AM by Andrew the Great »
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 03:41:35 AM »
So, essentially, there is no way to tell if you are a Kandra or not until after elections are over?

[Further Discussion in the aforementioned thread, please.]
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 05:30:48 AM »
I would like to begin with the story of the Lord Ruler.

This is the fiend in the world who claimed to be the Hero of Ages, and in this false claim that he defeated the Deepness, he made the world his own, and by doing so, he had destroyed the world. He sat back, content in his godhood, while he let the world stagnate and suffer through his oppression.

My friends, my countrymen, this is the enemy we must fight. Stagnation, Preservation, and worst of all, Complacency.

My name does not mean destruction; to say so is ignorance, at best. It does not even mean an "without order", despite the common Order/Chaos duality. No, my friends, I am not the embodiment of destruction as my opponent and his squad of attack dogs would like to claim. I am the spirit of change.

We live in a world constantly changing, a system that changes dynamically. One hundred years ago, the world was without the computer, and yet, this entire election now takes place on the Internet, a thing that hundred years ago could not be conceived. New ideas constantly materialize, and old ideas constantly fade away. It is dynamic: no one can deny this. Two years ago, neither Andrew nor I walked this forum, which--at least in my life--has profoundly altered my ways of thinking.

You see, "Chaos" is not some harbinger of destruction, but the analog for change. Things change all around us, unforeseen and unknown until it happens. Change is essentially chaos because it is not "ordered", or structured as a king demanding that a person become, say, a blacksmith. True, it has the semblance of change, but really, like the Lord Ruler, it is stagnation. In fact, all who study thermodynamics can clearly see that, as in my signature, chaos always does reign. Every change corresponds with an increase in entropy, or "chaos". All biological processes result in an overall increase in entropy; in fact, none of us could do anything if it was not for the nature of chaos.

Opposing the idea of "chaos", logically, is the worst possible decision one could make. Opposing chaos means opposing any change, and opposing change opposes the world, because the world could not exist without constant changes. None of us could breathe, because the eternal exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide is a dynamic system, never stagnating to one side or the other.

I am not trying to be subtle in my message here, my friends. Andrew "the Great" is the king I refer to in my previous statement. I am fundamentally different from Andrew--we are, in a sense, diametrically opposed. This man stands for stagnation in all of its forms. He would vilify the honorable name of chaos and side, instead, for a world which could never change.

The fact that he claims to be the Hero of Ages is exactly the same as Rashek's logic. Rashek virtually gave him a title for himself when he slew Alendi. Andrew, similarly, gave him the title of "the Great" when he arrived on TWG. That he would be so atrociously arrogant to bestow upon himself a title reserved for people with the stature of true greatness like Alexander the Great shocks me to the core. For all we know, Andrew killed for his title just as Rashek did, and look what that did to the past thousand years.

I gave myself numbers in my name to show my uniqueness, not in any underhanded ploy. In fact, if you Google "Chaos2651" or put it into AIM, MSN Messenger, or YIM, it is me. I make no effort to hide the past, because any Google result for "Chaos2651" is me. I do not think I could say the same for my opponent. Now that I Google "Andrew the Great", we can now see that he really does think of himself as a saint, irreverently stealing the title from the "Church of St. Andrew the Great Cambridge". I am not arrogant to assume that I am a saint, I only set out to convince you that I am the Hero of Ages--I will not steal the title as Andrew stole "the Great", or proclaimed himself to be "the Great". I will firmly follow the rites of democracy.

You see, the truth cannot be obscured. My opponent would obscure the truth, or even flat out lie. He hides behind his "contract" claiming to know everything about the Mistborn World. Can we risk believing him? Can we risk another Lord Ruler? I think not.

The truth is, I am the Hero of Ages, and will prove it by dispelling Andrew's web of lies, the most obviously false being this:

Then I came to the boards, and suddenly everything changed. I, being omniscient in regard to the Mistborn World (I also can't tell you what it's called. Contract. Sorry.), blessed this board with my enlightened presence. And suddenly ideas started to come together, and things began to make sense.

Never mind that it was I, Chaos2651, who first noted the duality between Ruin and Preservation on the forum. Never mind that it was I, Chaos2651, who first created the Comprehensive Hemalurgy Thread when it was truly needed, and never mind that I came up with the first real theory upon how Hemalurgy actually operated (Andrew posted a similar theory a page or two later which bore an eerie resemblance to mine).

The record clearly shows that I am the more competent in the lore of Mistborn, while my opponent insists that he really does know more, but could never tell you until Mistborn 3 comes out. These are fear tactics; fear tactics which should not be tolerated.

Apparently, we should give the fate of the world over to someone who steals his own titles and then, in the same fluid motion, proclaim that his own ill-gotten title makes him more heroic. Never mind his lies, never mind he appears to be the reincarnation of Rashek reborn, and certainly never mind that would put his false "contract" to persuade you. He makes no attempt at transparency, merely believing in his arrogant heart that you should just name him the next Lord Ruler when he has nothing at his side except being an Allomancer (again, with no verification).

My record stands for itself, my friends. I am a seer, while he is a liar. I hide nothing, while he hides everything. The last thing we need is another Lord Ruler; we need someone who can stand up for truth and honor like me. Most of all, I will never be manipulated into falsehoods--this speech should say that much, that I will never stand falsely before you.

I humbly plead for you to vote for me instead of this tyrant-in-the-making.

This message is approved by The Chaos2651 Campaign for All Ages, not just 2008, because this is for the Hero of Ages, not just a single year.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 05:41:42 AM »
Is not Chaos the very aim of Ruin itself?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 06:07:53 AM »
As a registered supporter of Andre The Great I feel it is my duty to make a statement.

I ask who among you wants a man who apparently embodies Chaos? Who would willingly decide to take the path of daggers? Not I. not a man who has faith in Andrew The Great. Since when is being chaotic a good sign for an elected party. Since when does following the unknown give you strength? I for one needed to put my faith in someone who can be followed. A man who has earned the title Andrew The Great. "Oh" you say, "Andrew The Great" you say "what makes him so great?" well I say what doesn't. He is a consistant and strong force on these boards, a man you can have faith in to tell you like it is. He is a man who has always put things in a new perspective for me. Ask yourself, how many times has Andrew The Great posted something that you were going to post. How many times did he post something that was unexpected and insightful. I say pick a candidate that doesn't embody Chaos and follow someone Great.

This endorsement was not authorized by Andrew The Great 2008 and is subject to any alterations mandated by Andrew The Great.

"who. wants. a man. who embodies.... chaos?" he asks. He tells you that his Andrew is great. That he is straight forward--but he means pompous. He says he puts things in new perspective--i say he's mad.

People of the forum, mistborn is in a time of incredible strife, everything that is decent and civil is being challenged. Many people have died, Infact, this evil, has claimed many a great man--what makes another great man any different?

We must fight this Venom that poison's civilzation with Venom! A scholar is a great man to many, can he help here? IS sazed not a great man? What good would he be when faced by the deepness? What good would an army of great men serve?

....ehm.

*in a soft vioce*

If one is lost in the middle of the sea does he wish he bore a sailor or a great man?

*screaming now*

No, he wouldn't wan't the great man, infact a pirate would he prefer over such a man--because that is what he needs. NEEDS.

If you needed to conjure up a spell that would kill your nieghbors dog, would you call a
great
man or a warlock?

now i ask you, we have, in are midst, a threat of Disaster, annihilation, and terror--the foundations of Chaos! So make you wish, what do you need, a master of Chaos(2651) or a great man?
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 06:11:25 AM »
Is not Chaos the very aim of Ruin itself?

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to elaborate upon that point that I introduced in my speech, my dear friend. The very nature of chaos implies disorder, and so often in disorder, there is destruction. Ruin, that terrible force, wishes to use that sort of chaos for destruction. However, without some semblance of "chaos", in small doses, there could not be change. The science of thermodynamics does not allow for such a thing to exist, for in every change, the entropy (chaos) increases.

Change, of course, is not inherently bad, for without it, we would stagnate into a state as the Lord Ruler placed us in. It's unfortunate that chaos being inextricably intertwined with change is always equated with destruction.

EDIT: elmandr1, you have a way with words, my friend. Please modify in my approval message (see the end of my speech for it), because I wholeheartedly approve your statements.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:14:19 AM by Chaos2651 »

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 06:22:23 AM »
My friends, My Opponent claims that I am the embodiment of stagnation, and he the embodiment of change. However, he has never once stated how he wishes to change things as the Hero of Ages. In fact, he seems to hold the fundamental belief in his naivety that all change that he could make would be for the better. This is not so. While progress toward entropy is indeed, a necessary change, it is not necessarily a good one. While the change my opponent speaks of to try to inspire you is good, the changes that he will try to force upon us later will not be. While the change that leads to the progression of society is good, the changes of extreme chaos that lead to the total destruction of society cannot be tolerated. My opponent freely admits to being for making the changes that I am talking about here.

I, on the other hand, have the advantage of not being attached to either Ruin or Preservation. I have never once claimed that I am opposed to change as my opponent would have you think. Nor have I ever said that I will not change the world as the Hero of Ages. The very nature of the office of the Hero of Ages is to change the world. But to change it for the better. My opponent speaks blindly of how he will change the world, but never once states that these changes will be a good thing. I, if given the honor of this office, would use the power bestowed upon me not to advocate total change as my opponent seems to, but to carefully balance the forces of change and preservation, preserving our culture and those parts of our society which will help us as a people to function more effectively, while simultaneously changing those parts that stagnate us, that hold us down. In this way, I will keep our world alive and together, but progressing at rates previously unknown to our society.

There is a point that needs to be clarified here. I am not opposed to the idea of chaos, but to the idea of total chaos.

And who is to say that you claiming to be the Hero of Ages does not follow Rashek's logic as well? I did not syle myself "the Great" out of arrogance, but out of the hope that I could one day rise to fill the shoes I had taken upon myself. I did not take this title to equate myself with the likes of Alexander the Great, but out of the hope that I could one day be seen as half so great a man as he is.

And what is it that makes my opponent think I feel the need to style myself after a saint? No, I use my given name, Andrew, instead of feeling the need to hide behind the mask of a screen name. I have been more open than my opponent from the beginning, even in the choosing of our names. How many on this forum can truly say that they know Chaos' true name? But every one of you knows mine. Thus it is that the pattern is set. If My Opponent is elected, he will continue to hold back information from you and act in his best interest. I will continue to be open and act in the interest of the entire twg.

Never mind that in the first post following my rather more extensive theory on Hemalurgy, My Opponent expressed his opinion that it was the best hemalurgy theory on the boards. I never claimed to be the origin of all these many ideas, I simply wanted to point out that at about the time I showed up on the boards, many of these seperate, smaller ideas started to fit together in ways that you had not yet imagined. I have proved time and time again my competency. In fact, my ability to take others ideas and improve them far beyond what they had initially imagined is one of my greatest traits. But does this mean that I cannot come up with my own ideas? Of course not. There are a multitude of examples all around you of the brilliance I have brought. Do not be deceived by my opponents trickery.

There can only be one Hero of Ages. It is, perhaps, the most important office of all time. I urge you to make the correct choice in bringing someone who can and will rule justly to that office. I am the right man for the job.

This message approved by Andrew the Great 2008, because I'm smart enough to know that the date refers to the election year, not the term of office.

And I now see that my opponent has posted again. I will reply to him and his supporters when next I get on, as my mother is currently threatening to restrict my computer access. In my loyalty, I would rather postpone until tomorrow than postpone until my mother gives me access again.

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 06:26:34 AM »

"who. wants. a man. who embodies.... chaos?" he asks. He tells you that his Andrew is great. That he is straight forward--but he means pompous. He says he puts things in new perspective--i say he's mad.

People of the forum, mistborn is in a time of incredible strife, everything that is decent and civil is being challenged. Many people have died, Infact, this evil, has claimed many a great man--what makes another great man any different?

We must fight this Venom that poison's civilzation with Venom! A scholar is a great man to many, can he help here? IS sazed not a great man? What good would he be when faced by the deepness? What good would an army of great men serve?

....ehm.

*in a soft vioce*

If one is lost in the middle of the sea does he wish he bore a sailor or a great man?

*screaming now*

No, he wouldn't wan't the great man, infact a pirate would he prefer over such a man--because that is what he needs. NEEDS.

If you needed to conjure up a spell that would kill your nieghbors dog, would you call a "great" man or a warlock?

now i ask you, we have, in are midst, a threat of Disaster, annihilation, and terror--the foundations of Chaos! So make you wish, what do you need, a master of Chaos(2651) or a great man?
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"