Author Topic: The Countdown  (Read 48753 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: The Countdown
« Reply #390 on: October 13, 2008, 06:25:06 PM »
That qualifies him for awesomeness. He began in MB1 as a really funny character, but now he is a much deeper character. Deep characters make awesome characters.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 13, 2008, 06:56:52 PM »
I guess I just see a coward no matter how deep I look, most likely because I can't relate. I don't lie, manipulate or pretend to be someone I'm not around my friends, especially if our relationship was based upon trust like Kelsier's.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 13, 2008, 06:59:55 PM »
Buckle in everyone, here it comes!
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 13, 2008, 07:10:26 PM »
Czanos, I liked most of your changes for the crew, good job!  And Darxbane, I forgot Darxbane, GAH!  How can I live with myself!  Well, If  I'm Zane, Darxbane can be Vin, so he can kill me.  Or Marsh, so he can also stare daggers (or spikes) at me.  In actuality, I kind of see Darx as a kelsier type figure.
We'll have to post a final list once we get things figured out.
I also noticed I missed Wielder, sorry bout that!  I still haven't come up with a character for you though, just wait.
I like Miyabi as Ham, Breeze didn't quite fit.
Oh, and I'm glad Brandon showed Breeze reacting the way he did, it made the book more real.  Keep in mind, Breeze has very little experience with violence and battle.  How many of you could have fared better in his situation.  I don't think he's a coward at all, based on what he's seen  I think he reacted far better than expected.
Maybe Czanos should be Breeze since he knows all you guys so well, I thought that really fit.
And Sarah, all those qualities were definately what I had in mind making you Twindyl.  I'm just not as verbose as you are. 

ONE DAY ONE DAY ONE DAY ONE DAY (will nothing Quiet this voice in my head?)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 07:14:35 PM by Comatose »
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #394 on: October 13, 2008, 07:12:49 PM »
I guess I just see a coward no matter how deep I look, most likely because I can't relate. I don't lie, manipulate or pretend to be someone I'm not around my friends, especially if our relationship was based upon trust like Kelsier's.

Ah. Well, that would be the difference between you and I. I definitely see someone acting like Breeze, because I see it a lot. Sometimes I am that way (but not on here, of course), so the character resonates with me.

SarahG

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 13, 2008, 07:20:37 PM »
Oh come on, I was a late addition as Breeze. Breeze! Besides, since female characters are at a premium, it's less about who you are and more about who you are not.
Hey, Elend does respect you! That counts. That counts big time.

Excellent points.  I would definitely prefer Tindwyl over Vin, Vin's mom or sister, any of Straff's mistresses, any of those party girls in the first book, the skaa who almost gets raped at the beginning, or Ham's wife - and those are all the women I can think of.  It's a good thing there aren't many regular female posters, because we'd have a hard time all getting characters!

Vegas, if it makes you feel better, I don't think you're Breeze.  Didn't you say you were Captain Demoux, because of that playground incident?  Or maybe you're Kelsier, smiling and joking and making people laugh however grave the situation.  Or perhaps Dockson, the force of reason and practicality amidst insanity and wild ideas.
He ate my horse.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #396 on: October 13, 2008, 07:22:30 PM »
Yeah, I don't really see him as Breeze either. Dockson maybe, but on other lists that one went to Andrew, so I don't know.

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 13, 2008, 07:37:04 PM »
Vegas, if it makes you feel better, I don't think you're Breeze.  Didn't you say you were Captain Demoux, because of that playground incident?  Or maybe you're Kelsier, smiling and joking and making people laugh however grave the situation.  Or perhaps Dockson, the force of reason and practicality amidst insanity and wild ideas.

I would say I had Kelsier, Dockson and Demoux in me but I'd probably get banned, so instead I will go with being Demoux. He is by far the bravest and most unshakeable person in the books, rivaled only by Kelsier who was most likely chemically imbalanced.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 13, 2008, 08:00:39 PM »
Okay, so VegasDev is Micah Demoux, I'm Breeze, Comatose is Zane, and SarahG is Tindwyl for positive reasons.

Also, there isn't really a thread for it, but about where Kelsier found the Eleventh Metal prophecies . . .

In Mistborn:The Final Empire  Kelsier originally says he found the prophecies in a town in the Farmost Dominance, the Far Peninsula, in a town where they still remembered the name of their old kingdom. (Khlennium, perhaps?) So Chaos, if your allomantic hobo theory is true, he lives in the Farmost Dominance.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 08:06:32 PM by Czanos »
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #399 on: October 13, 2008, 08:11:59 PM »
Well, Czanos, 11th metal theories are here: http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6122.0

That's where my Allomancer Hobo theory started, just because I didn't believe in any extra conspiracy with that.

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 13, 2008, 08:18:27 PM »
So they are. I can't believe I forgot about that thread.

I blame it on the looming release of Hero of Ages.
A man called Hope.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #401 on: October 13, 2008, 08:21:03 PM »
Really, there should be an index topic for every theory topic in existence. It would make things so much easier, because important subjects often get pushed back from the front page.

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 13, 2008, 08:22:23 PM »
Maybe we'll make one for Way of Kings.

As for now, it's kind of pointless.
A man called Hope.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #403 on: October 13, 2008, 08:47:03 PM »
Well, people could say that of my massive theory post, but who's laughing now! Muwhahaahaha!

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 13, 2008, 10:22:21 PM »
Wow really guys? You are complaining about being Breeze and Tyndwyl who are after all fairly cool characters (ok a bit of a stretch but bear with me, Breeze has that whole nobleman thing going on) while I get stuck with TenSoon/Oreseur. Wow, a giant mass of muscle that flops around.
At least I can pretend to be Kelsier...
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!