Author Topic: Brandon's Book Tour  (Read 22226 times)

Elmandr

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon's Book Tour
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 09:59:07 PM »
The eastern leg sucks! No representing for the southeast?

I'm hoping they plan to expand that up a good bit.

I agree, no Boston love.  :( However, I am eagerly awaiting sometime in the future when I can finally meet Mr. Sanderson and thank him for ruining my life with his awesome work!  ;)

From detroit. >:( no one ever comes around here!
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 10:10:42 PM »
From detroit. >:( no one ever comes around here!
Topeka, KS isn't exactly anyone's dream destination either.
He ate my horse.

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 10:27:22 PM »
Topeka, KS isn't exactly anyone's dream destination either.

While it might not be a dream, it's not a bad little spot. Traveled through a couple times and even stayed in Atchison on more than one occasion.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 10:54:30 PM »
I'm sure that they are all good spots. I just don't understand the skipping of some of the most populated areas in the country. But what ever even though I would love to go to a signing I know he'll be writing good stuff forever so I'll make it to a signing one day.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2008, 06:22:31 AM »
too bad they don't sell mistcloaks, my friends and i would totally nerd-out and come decked in mistborn gear, metal vials and all!
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2008, 09:01:29 AM »
If you check out the forums there was someone who actually put their own together and posted all of the instructions.  It was a while ago, so you'll have to do some real digging to find it though.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

kbob_o

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2008, 03:34:37 PM »
Here's the link to Brandon's blog with pics of the cloak.  http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/359/Warbearker--Mistcloak

Edit: Google is my friend... http://www.vanessakchristenson.com/ba_aboutmyself.htm#101006

P.S. I feel a little weird posting a link to someone's personal blog here but since I found it via google I figured it'd be ok.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 03:41:19 PM by kbob_o »

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2008, 06:26:41 PM »
Well, Nessa is an admin here and Shrain is also a poster, so it's completely appropriate.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2008, 08:32:18 PM »
Lol. Didn't think I'd see anyone post that link again. I drew some sketches of what I wanted after collaborating with Nessa, my mistcloak was indeed awesome. 8) Thanks mostlt to Nessa, of course. But I myself made a belt to hold vials of metal flakes, and stocked it with a coin pouch and vials brimming with atium and other allomantic metals. ;)

I even bought two glass daggers--one made from skyscraper glass and one from obsidian. (I  <3 Ebay) Both knives have antler handles and were flintknapped (shaped) by hand. They're on my bookshelf in my living room, actually--displayed alongside my antique inkwells, antique poison bottles (yes, really), DVDs, and other collectibles. I figure you never know when you might need a mistblade handy. 8)  Maybe I'll post a pic of my accessories

Jakobus, you might be able to convince Nessa to make another cloak or two--if the price is right. Now that her kids are back in school and all, maybe she'd have time to work her magic again.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:41:49 PM by Shrain »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2008, 09:20:33 PM »
Those cloaks were amazing! I would SO buy those if anyone started mass producing them for sale.  ;D

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2008, 09:50:27 PM »
Lol. Didn't think I'd see anyone post that link again. I drew some sketches of what I wanted after collaborating with Nessa, my mistcloak was indeed awesome. 8) Thanks mostlt to Nessa, of course. But I myself made a belt to hold vials of metal flakes, and stocked it with a coin pouch and vials brimming with atium and other allomantic metals. ;)

I even bought two glass daggers--one made from skyscraper glass and one from obsidian. (I  <3 Ebay) Both knives have antler handles and were flintknapped (shaped) by hand. They're on my bookshelf in my living room, actually--displayed alongside my antique inkwells, antique poison bottles (yes, really), DVDs, and other collectibles. I figure you never know when you might need a mistblade handy. 8)  Maybe I'll post a pic of my accessories

Jakobus, you might be able to convince Nessa to make another cloak or two--if the price is right. Now that her kids are back in school and all, maybe she'd have time to work her magic again.

... you're my hero.... thats so COOL!!!!!!!! i'd buy one too!
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2008, 10:03:24 PM »
Ok so don't kill me. I loved the cloaks, they looked cool and the vial belt was a good touch. My only issue is I never really pictured the cloaks like that. Have you ever seen a military Gillie suit? Marine recon units use them along with various other parts of the military. The soldiers make them themselves and they are crazy awesome when it comes to camo. I always thought of a mistcloak as something along those lines. Very good at camo but not very neat looking, more of a jumble of different sized strips of different colors meshing and breaking up the outline of the figure. But again that's just me and P.S. your cloaks are great so don't think I'm insulting them.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2008, 11:12:43 PM »
Yep, I've seen what you're talking about. Yet from the MB books, the purpose of the mistcloak was more of a status symbol than anything else, really. I mean, okay, the hood would help hide an allomancer's face. Yet from the descriptions, it wasn't meant primarly as camouflage. Besides, the cloak that Nessa created was time intensive enough, believe you me. Oh, and tip to the wise: mistcloaks are very impractical for dancing, much less leaping around on buildings or fighting enraged Inquisitors. Of course, I wasn't burning Pewter at the time, so perhaps I am biased... ;)
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2008, 11:39:43 PM »
Again not trying to challange you but I thought the cloak was to aid in hiding in the mist and the status symbol was just an added bonus. I mean they were intended to hide you but if you were seen people just ignored you because they knew what you were and they were scared of you.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2008, 11:42:52 PM »
Again not trying to challange you but I thought the cloak was to aid in hiding in the mist and the status symbol was just an added bonus. I mean they were intended to hide you but if you were seen people just ignored you because they knew what you were and they were scared of you.
I'm pretty sure it said that as well.

I always saw it them as more of a lite gray-ish brown color.  With a solid piece that came over the shoulders and a little bit onto the back then the streamers came from that.  I'll doodle a picture later and put it in the art thread.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。