Author Topic: Brandon's Book Tour  (Read 22888 times)

ArtGuyJoe

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon's Book Tour
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2008, 03:13:52 AM »
I can tell you, I am very happy that I got into this series late.  Just like one of the other folks mentioned about starting WoT so late, I only have to wait until next month for HoA :D

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2008, 03:28:22 AM »
It's less than a month away before Provo!!!! Wooo!

Speaking of which, who all is going? I know Miyabi is planning on it, I am, and Jakobus, I think. Anyone else?
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

Icarus

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2008, 08:07:59 PM »
I can tell you, I am very happy that I got into this series late.  Just like one of the other folks mentioned about starting WoT so late, I only have to wait until next month for HoA :D

Agreed!  I just discovered the Mistborn series, and finished book 2 last week.  Now I'm reading Elantris while I wait for the Hero of Ages.

I hate waiting for the next book in a series, so I always enjoye it when I find a new to me series that already has a couple of books written.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2008, 03:56:39 PM »
So I just spent around $120 on Sanderson books.  -_-

I bought all three of the signed ones on the site and then I also preordered my copy of HoA for the Provo signing.

I already have a signed copy of Elantris but I lent it to my English teacher two years ago and it came back to me all beaten up. D:  So I got a new one. :D
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Icarus

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2008, 05:58:54 PM »

I already have a signed copy of Elantris but I lent it to my English teacher two years ago and it came back to me all beaten up. D:  So I got a new one. :D

This is why I don't loan out my books.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2008, 06:03:43 PM »
I don't care about the condition of my books, as long as all the words are still legible.  I'm a reader, not a collector.  For the same reason, I rarely buy hardcovers, because I find paperbacks much easier to read.
He ate my horse.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2008, 06:44:21 PM »

This is why I don't loan out my books.
But like she was an ENGLISH teacher.  I figured it would stay in good condition. :(
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2008, 07:09:31 PM »
I don't care about the condition of my books, as long as all the words are still legible.  I'm a reader, not a collector.  For the same reason, I rarely buy hardcovers, because I find paperbacks much easier to read.

I buy the hardcovers since i read my paperbacks so much they fall apart. As for conditions of books I only have one I really care about :) first edition copy of ender's game /flex. Just need to buy a glass case.......
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2008, 07:16:24 PM »
care about :) first edition copy of ender's game /flex. Just need to buy a glass case.......
:o NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is so amazing! 
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2008, 07:17:53 PM »
Miyabi, your story about lending out your book is pretty horrifying.

I don't think of myself as a collector, but I guess I sort of am. I like buying the hardbacks of authors I like. I would buy a lot more of them than I do if I could afford it.

I'm a bit more of a collector when it comes to manga, since I have quite a few that I haven't read the later volumes of yet...but I still get most of my manga for free, which makes collecting much easier...
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2008, 07:26:52 PM »
I'm a bit more of a collector when it comes to manga, since I have quite a few that I haven't read the later volumes of yet...but I still get most of my manga for free, which makes collecting much easier...
Curse you and your connection!

ha ha.

When I was in Japan two years ago I bough all of the Naruto that were currently out.  A few of them got damaged traveling and a few more just from random occurrences.  But it's really nice to have all of them. ha ha. :]
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Chunky Monkey Sr.

• Level 2
  • Government is not reason,or eloquence, it is force
    • View Profile
    • The Junk Folder
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2008, 07:35:09 AM »

I feel the same way... For some reason, when I buy used books, I enjoy it when there are notes in the margins.  Now there is a limit to this, if the notes are all over and obscuring the book itself, then I don't enjoy it...obviously.
Eagles may soar, but Penguins don't get sucked into Jet Engines.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2008, 03:47:39 AM »
It's less than a month away before Provo!!!! Wooo!

Speaking of which, who all is going? I know Miyabi is planning on it, I am, and Jakobus, I think. Anyone else?

I am also going to the Provo signing.

Here's the link to Brandon's blog with pics of the cloak.  http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/359/Warbearker--Mistcloak

Edit: Google is my friend... http://www.vanessakchristenson.com/ba_aboutmyself.htm#101006

P.S. I feel a little weird posting a link to someone's personal blog here but since I found it via google I figured it'd be ok.

Yep. That's me who made it. Here's the original thread about it:

http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=4487.0
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 03:51:01 AM by Nessa »
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2008, 03:16:36 PM »
Woo Hoo! We finally have a location for the DC signing! Though its on the complete wrong side of the city for me. :D
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

Icarus

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2008, 09:57:54 PM »
Woo Hoo! We finally have a location for the DC signing! Though its on the complete wrong side of the city for me. :D

I've got the same problem.  It is an incredible schlep to get to Bailey's Crossroads from my office, especially on a week night with rush hour traffic.

It will be TOTALLY worth it, though!