Author Topic: Brandon's Book Tour  (Read 22922 times)

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: Brandon's Book Tour
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »
There's a lot of talk (including from Brandon) about Mistborn trilogy sequels in the main spoiler thread.

Yes, there are. And they all sound deliciously good and make me wish I could travel through time--to when they're published. I'd love to read them right now. But alas, that won't be happening, because as much as I'd love to pull a Hiro, it's just not gonna work...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2008, 10:40:39 PM »
I really hope I can go to one of the signings he does on his Utah/Idaho leg.....I'm in Rexburg right now, but I'm done with the semester on Dec 12. And then I go home. Sure, home is Twin Falls, but most authors don't make a stop there, even though we have a fairly decent B&N....So if he goes to IF after the 12th, I think I'm going to have to beg my dad to take me up there (although I really don't think it'll take a whole lot of begging since he's a fan of Mistborn too and he's actually the reason I heard about Brandon in the first place...). If the IF signing is after that date, though, I think I'll hope that he'll come to Twin. It's the most realistic stop between IF and Boise, since Poky is pretty close to IF.

He'll be doing book signings around the IF area during thanksgiving week.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2008, 11:10:05 PM »

Thanks. Do you perchance know the day? BYU-I is out of school that whole week, so I won't be in the area for 9 days...Do you also possibly know where ELSE he's going in Idaho? At least, the southern half? South of Boise.....I know it's a ridiculous hope, but I'm crossing my fingers that he'll come to Twin. I really want to meet him to tell him personally what a genius I think he is.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2008, 12:57:15 AM »
Ah little wilson join the club. I also would like to go to one of his signings but unfortunately the north east doesn't have enough of his readers or something (speculation). I will have to hope that in his long career I will at one point be able to attend. Or maybe at a future Con seeing how I would like to see what they are about.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2008, 01:32:55 AM »
It wouldn't affect me so much if I were in your position. I'd wish he'd be coming to the area, but if he doesn't, there's not a whole lot I'd be able to do except for wait. With this, he's coming within 2 hours of where I live. If I'm in Rexburg, it's 30 minutes....And if I can't make it when he's THAT CLOSE?...Yeah, I'm not going to be happy. In fact, I'll be downright disappointed.....Hence my hope.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2008, 01:58:17 AM »
Well I see your issue. I think the closest he came to where I live was like four hours and there was no way I could make it. I am still a little upset but what are you going to do right. Anyway good luck with getting out there.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2008, 02:05:15 AM »
Thanks. My fear is that he'll go to Twin, but it will be after I go back to Rexburg....So I miss him both times, barely. Of course, my dad would at least get to meet him, so we'd get signed copies, but still. It's just not the same. And you're right--what can you do? In my case, not a whole lot. That's what happens when you're a poor college student and don't have a car.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2008, 11:49:30 PM »

Thanks. Do you perchance know the day? BYU-I is out of school that whole week, so I won't be in the area for 9 days...Do you also possibly know where ELSE he's going in Idaho? At least, the southern half? South of Boise.....I know it's a ridiculous hope, but I'm crossing my fingers that he'll come to Twin. I really want to meet him to tell him personally what a genius I think he is.

I suspect he'll be in Pockatello and IF, I don't know about anywhere else.

I'm not sure on what days but I know you can call the IF B&N to get the time he'll be there.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Pemberley

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2008, 08:04:06 AM »
He'll be at the IF B&N on Tuesday November 25th, and on Saturday, November 29th.

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2008, 08:52:34 AM »
He'll be at the IF B&N on Tuesday November 25th, and on Saturday, November 29th.

Sweet!!!  Thanks for the heads up Pemberley.  I can hardly wait.  Is Isaac coming to IF with him again this year??
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-