Author Topic: One hurt Patriots fan (Crying)  (Read 8401 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: One hurt Patriots fan (Crying)
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 06:26:21 PM »
Parrott-  I agree with you whole heartedly about it being more about the team than about any individual player. Personally I think Belichek is one of the best coaches of all time when it comes to making the best out of a TEAM. I never really thought we were done. I had a feeling that we could still win our division and make the playoffs but in the end it often comes down to what desicions your QB makes. And no im not saying Cassell is the worst but im saying he is pretty bad at times. Although he is still getting used to the game seeing how he spent years on the bench and hadnt started a game since high school. This was only his fourth start in the NFL so he could develop to be a decent QB.

The sox on the other hand are just down right electrifiying. And forgive me for saying so because I sound like a two bit announcer but its true. This team has played some amazing ball and I am excited to go and face off in Tampa. The problem I have is that more often than not in the recent years has the best series in the playoffs been played in the league championship and not in the world series. I mean this series between the Rays and the Sox is probably going to be better than anything we see in the series. Im not complaining seeing how the last two times the Sox went to the Series they smoked the other team after having tough games in the league series. This should be good!!

Madness- I feel for you man. You guys had a great team and deserved to be here as much as anyone. I was a little upset in the out come my self. Like you said though your team did a whole lot more than anyone thought possable and there is always next year for them to continue to proove themselves.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 06:28:12 PM by GreenMonsta »
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
  • You spilled my egg, I needed that egg. -Spike
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 01:53:29 AM »
This Friday is going to be spectacular. I'm not really afraid of the Rays losing because, even if they do end up not making it to the World Series, they got further than anyone in their right minds could have predicted. Tell me though, is it as weird for you as it is for me, that the Red Sox will be playing Tampa as the Wildcard and not the AL East Champs? I just get blown away every time I read that in an article, and very proud of what Madden has been able to accomplish with this team.

And I think that whoever wins the NLCS series is doomed to lose to whoever wins the ALCS. Though I will admit I'm intrigued of a possible Manny-Torre versus the Red Sox, on the World Series stage. That would be just as excited a series to watch as Tampa taking it all, almost.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (RIP)

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 06:06:12 AM »
I hope the Dodgers meet the Sox in the World Series, just so the Sox can crush that whining punk Manny.  8)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 07:54:32 PM »
Alas. .  I dont hold out much hope for the Dodgers, the Phillies are too good to go down and I dont think the Dodgers have a chance. Too bad because I would also like to see the Sox spank Manny. You know what, at this point the AL east champ title doesnt hold much weight for me. I see your point and it is a little wierd but the Sox have won it from the wild card spot before. I know Tampa is a great team and it will be a tight series so I guess we'll see.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2008, 04:24:52 AM »
I'm predicting an incredibly tense and amazing series that will span 7 games.

And regardless of what happens, I am just so glad that the Yankees are nowhere to be seen.  ;D

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2008, 04:58:54 AM »
I'm predicting an incredibly tense and amazing series that will span 7 games.

And regardless of what happens, I am just so glad that the Yankees are nowhere to be seen.  ;D

Amen.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (RIP)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2008, 08:09:01 PM »
Good call, I guess ditching Torre wasnt the best thing that Stienbrenner could have donr. I mean look at the Dodgers, I bet Stienbrenner is kicking himself right now. ;D

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2008, 05:12:23 AM »
What an amazing ALCS. Just, wow.  :o

George Carlin (RIP)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2008, 01:29:26 AM »
Let us please all pause for a moment of silence. . .  .  .  .   .   .   .    .    .     .     .      .      .

Ok now thats that over and I have stifled my tears I can begin with agreeing with Parrot. Amazing in every way. I find it difficult to believe that it even made it to game seven. I mean in the end Tampa was really the better team. They were all season and right at the end with Garza of all people on the mound they proved it. I mean dont get me wrong I think the Angels were a better team than the Sox this year and we had no business beating them, but hey when it comes to October there are few teams who can consistently surprise you as much as the Sox. Im happy with the performance. Our starting pitchers didnt produce to their level and our hitting had no depth but we still rode that pony as far as we could. Hats off to Tampa and their  efforts and good luck to them in the World Series. I hope they take it all. Now with all that out there in the open I would like to state that if the Sox are going to be successful in the season to come they need to come up with some solid hitters. We need some consistency in the line-up that Pedroia and Youk cant provide on their own. Also what are the odds that Tampa wants to trade that new pitcher that closed the game on us. Im sure we can offer a good player, like maybe Jason Varitek.  Im kidding I love Tek but I feel it may be time for him to part with the Sox. As much as he has been a part of this team, his contract is up and we need to make moves to secure our place in the division next season. Ok well thats it from me. I better stop before I cry again seeing how my hopes now fall to the Pats and hopefully the Bruins tonight. We shall see what is in store for us Boston faithful.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2008, 02:11:30 PM »
I'll echo what Green said. The series was simply amazing in every way, and while I too shed tears over my beloved Sox, I wish the Rays the best of luck in the World Series. Although I disagree with trading Varitek, he is the heart and soul of that ball club. Sure he wasn't up to par this season, but I think trading him would hurt us a lot.

Oh, and how about that Pats game last night?! 41-7! Booya!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 11:10:40 PM »
Alright I feel its needed to up-date this thread seeing how its still on the front page.

The Pats are in a three way tie with Indy and Buff at 5-3. Its a damn shame too seeing how the Pats could have won the game against Indy at least three times. Cassell has been showing great improvement in the past few weeks and I feel if the team starts playing to the level they are capable of playing at the still have a good shot at the division. I know that's a ways away at this point but hey tied for first isn't a bad thing, although we should rightfully be in first. I will maintain my hopes and we shall see what happens.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2008, 01:44:48 PM »
I know its been a while since I've posted an up-date. I guess my crying really was premature. Cassell has turned out to be a good QB and is going off to be a starter somewhere next season. I guess I found it hard to believe that we as Pats fans could get lucky twice off of our back up QB's. The Pats need to win next week and if the Jets beat Miami (in Miami) then we make the playoffs, and not only that we would win our division. Heres hopeing.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2008, 10:09:02 PM »
I got to hear Joe Theismann speak last week.  He had several disparaging remarks to say about some of the current teams out there, but he was pretty funny, and a good speaker.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2008, 08:54:24 PM »
That's cool. I'm sure he didn't have much to say about the Pats and if he did it probably wasn't too good. People in general don't like the Pats due to a couple of reasons. Mainly "Spy Gate" and the way they beat up on the whole NFL last season. I as a Pats fan understand this and I just try to let people remember that the Pats had never won a superbowl until 2001. That and the fact that Belichek is one of the best coaches of all time. Its cool that you got to hear him speak though and im glad it was a good time.