Author Topic: One hurt Patriots fan (Crying)  (Read 8407 times)

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • You spilled my egg, I needed that egg. -Spike
    • View Profile
Re: One hurt Patriots fan (Crying)
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 09:03:55 AM »
You just never know when its your teams turn to be great.

It was 2006, when the Steelers stole it from us. /end bitterness.

But yeah, this Sunday is going to be a rather boring game to watch, but I'll watch it. At least Tampa plays someone exciting (Originally born in Tampa so I get to follow them around too.)
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (RIP)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 11:12:43 PM »
Hey do me a favor and lets not talk about Tampa. Those guys and thier not willing to loose first place in the AL east makes me angry. All I want it a Red Sox division championship again and no Tampa's like "F you guys". Suck. I liked it better when the Rays stunk but hey at least its not the Yanks.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 03:45:26 AM »
Heh heh, don't get me started about the Rays. My only source of sporty-happyness this year. Should be a great playoff series.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (RIP)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 03:48:19 AM »
Oh ill get you started, damn your Rays with thier winning and stuff. I hate it when they win and we don't damn them.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 03:50:25 AM »
The Sox will conquer the Rays.

That is all.   8)

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 03:56:13 AM »
If this last series, and the series before last are any indication, the Rays possess the ability to beat the BoSox easily. Granted, we've had a pretty rough month so far, but hey. Even with a rough September we're still 1 1/2 games up. :)

Though today's loss to Min hurts. :( Not used to watching the Bullpen giving up runs like that.

George Carlin (RIP)

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 03:58:00 AM »
When  it comes to the Sox, I throw all logic out the window.  ;D

They will conquer all. So shall it be.  8)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 11:57:01 AM »
Woah slow down there skippy, did you say easily. Ok your guys took 4 out of the last 6 right. I'll give you that but was it easy? idk, I mean the two games the Rays lost to the sox were blow outs and at least two more were won in either the 9th or extra innings. So it seems they are very closely matched. I mean almost too closely. When it comes down to it you never know what is going to win one of the close games and with two blow outs each we can't say either here or there. I will give it to you, the Rays bullpen looks to be in better shape than the RedSox and im not used to that idea but its the truth. That is the deciding factor in this and who knows maybe the Sox will win maybe they wont.

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 12:56:24 PM »
You also have to take into account how the Rays have been winning against other teams. Not only do they sit idly for 9 innings against the BoSox, but they also tend to do it with teams that aren't as good. So you do have me there. Though, don't forget that last loss. 10-3. So yeah, the Rays won 4 out of 6, both games they lost they lost early on and the games that were even remotely close into the 8-9th innings were won. So I agree with you on that, this series will be a great one to watch with no clear winner until the games have been played.

That being said. Tampa will have home advantage and that does play into it. Boston has shown all year that they're not that good in the Trop, besides the one blowout and the very close game earlier in the year (I think... it could be that the BoSox blowout earlier this week is their only win all year in the Trop.)

That is if Tampa wins a game here against the Twins. Oh, and BJ Upton will be back. He's a pretty big factor when it comes to the Rays. How it's looking right now, the Rays will be near 100% when it comes to October, and that just means they're going to be getting better.

On another note, somewhat related, I hope LAA loses in the first round. Horribly. Like, they get completely shut out for 3 games, with the other team blowing them out of the water.

If my stats are wrong, I blame my bad tasting coffee and that I've only just woken up.

George Carlin (RIP)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 12:51:35 PM »
Yeah the Pats are 3 and 1. Not bad so far even though Cassell still makes me want to cry half the time. Also the sox are doing good so I cant complain anymore.

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 09:29:52 PM »
I hope the Angels can make it a five game series, that would be nice of them... and Patriots. lol. Dolphins. lol.

George Carlin (RIP)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 12:00:51 AM »
First of all I would hope the same thing of the White Sox. I mean we Sox have to stick together and what better common ground than the elimination of tampa. Also look at San Diego, they didnt do to hot against the dolphins. Actually the Patriots have a long history involving sucking while playing the Dolphins. They beat us 2004 after we had the longest consecutive win streak in history and then we went on to win the super bowl so I dont take it to heart to much. Also you gotta give something here. I mean we could possably hve one of the worst QB's in the league and we're 3 and 1, not too bad right?

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 05:44:38 AM »
I was laughing at how the Dolphins, out of all the teams, seem to have the Patriots number for some weird reason. And a sad fact that people seem to ignore is that a quality QB isn't what's needed to win games on a weekly basis, but a solid team surrounding a quality QB carries weight. Just because you have a... well I wouldn't call him one of the worst but he's pretty bad, doesn't mean your team automatically sucks. You guys still have Moss. You guys still have that Defense. You still have an amazing O-Line, I believe. Hell, I could probably play and make the Patriots still look good.

And for the record, I was happy with both baseball games tonight. Boston and LAA both played an excellent game that was exciting and fun to watch (even if the commentators were a bit hard to bear with), and Boston will be coming to Tampa come Friday. The game last night, the epic five hour game that I could have watched two Lord of the Rings films through, was the Boston style of baseball that I loved in 2004. It was a shame they lost, but also a blessing because it meant Tampa and Boston would play today, which is what I wanted.

And the Seahawks are pathetic. Going the way of the Mariners, it seems.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:35:25 AM by Silenced Parrot »

George Carlin (RIP)

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 06:21:12 AM »
Yay, I'm happy the Sox beat the Angels, although I'm mad because both my brother and dad got to go to the game and not me!  >:(

Red Sox/ Rays? Gonna be interesting.

And I still have faith in the Pats. Sunday's game was a pretty decent one, I thought.

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 05:35:30 PM »
Curse the Rays!!! My White Sox are out now. Put the Devil back on there and keep them in the cellar.......

All in all though I'm not mad at the Rays. The White Sox were predicted by the so called "experts" to battle the Royals for last place. So, although I am dissapointed, it was a nice season and a division title.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 05:37:04 PM by Comfortable Madness »
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar