Author Topic: One hurt Patriots fan (Crying)  (Read 8405 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
One hurt Patriots fan (Crying)
« on: September 11, 2008, 01:19:51 AM »
I've wanted to start a rant for some time but I didn't have anything worth talking about until now. Now I'm not sure if anyone will even comment due to the lack of sports on this forum so I guess ill see how it goes.

COME ON! I mean really? Now understand that I'm from the greater Boston area were your either a sports fan or your a . . .   well i don't know but most of us are sports fans. Now with our recent run of luck in the past eight or nine years or so we have become used to winning. This isn't necessarily the best thing but its a reality. We went so long having the worst football team, a good baseball team that never won and a basketball team that used to be great but hasn't been good for twenty years, (this excludes the Bruins) to one of the most successful cities in major sports since the millennium. That kind of swing would effect anyone. So anyway this season for the Patriots was the most disappointing thing I have ever seen, and trust me after last years superbowl that's saying a lot. So here comes Tom Brady arguably the best QB of all time coming off the statistically best season of any QB ever to save the day and bring the Pats back to the superbowl and win this time. "SpyGate" is as in the past as it can be and we now have the motivation to show everyone that we're the best once again. This is all until sweet little Tom Brady goes down in the first quarter of the first game against a team that the Pats were projected to destroy.  (Crying in agony)

How do we go on? Do we hope that somehow lightning will strike twice and Matt Cassell will turn out to be an amazing quarterback just like Tom did when he came off the bench? Or  do we hope against hope that this team can hold out the season with maybe 5 losses and possably make the playoffs. If that happens every Patriots fan in New England will be hoping that they see Tom Brady on the field for the late games. Who knows with a torn ACL no one knows. So I write this in complete and utter agony all the while knowing that Brady or not, I will suffer through the season watching the team I love attempt not getting smoked entirely be the whole league.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Emillith

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Joyful Light of the Stargarden
Re: One hurt Patriots fan (Crying)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 03:35:43 AM »
I"m originally from Mass. :) I'm a fairweather fan of sports.

I'll always repeat my father though, when it comes to Boston teams.

They'll always rip your heart out.

I hope Brady heals well.

Its early in the season, I'm sure the team will pull together. :)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 03:40:13 AM »
Your father is a wise man

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 12:58:12 PM »
I don't think that only Patriot fans lost something here. Tom Brady, imo, IS the best quarterback of all time. There are two guys in the NFL that if/when lost hurts fans of not only the Patriots but fans of football. Those two are Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. So, while I'm not from Boston I can sympathize with you on this one as a fan of the NFL.
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 03:24:22 PM »
Come on Monsta, don't give in yet!  We may have lost Tom Brady, but we still have Belichek.  I feel that losing Brady just means that the Pats won't be blowing teams out this year.  Instead, they'll win by a touchdown or field goal.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 08:31:17 PM »
Oh don't get me wrong Gotskowski is a good kicker and I have faith in the team. I will however be watching these games with a little less confidence and I will be a little more reserved to get my hopes up. I will always follow this team good or bad. Like in 2002 when we came off the first super bowl win and had a bad year. It just hurts more now because Brady has finally come out at the unchallenged best QB in the league and possibly the best of all time and now hes out for the year. It stinks but I will follow, especially if Belichek is leading the way. He always seem to know how to make his team and players work in the best possible way.

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 10:54:23 PM »
Alright! I'll come clean...I'm a hardcore Bears fan but  little piece of me died after hearing Tom Brady was out for the season. Put it this way, me and my wife got a cat last year and she let me name him. Guess what his name is???? Well it's Brady....*Sigh*
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 10:59:54 PM »
That's awesome. My buddy has two dogs and their names are Fenway and Belichek. I jealous my dogs name is Buddy how Arthur of me.

Emillith

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Joyful Light of the Stargarden
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 11:13:57 PM »
So, I'm half watching the game while cooking some meals for the upcoming week... Pats are up 13-3 over the Jets. Seems like they are doing well without Brady. :)

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 01:10:22 AM »
I feel your pain Green Monsta, but at least you don't root for the Seattle Seahawks. The Patriots are better than one man, and have been for a while. He may be the glue, but he isn't the entire team, and they will make it without him. Have faith man, have faith.  I have a feeling you will be pleasantly surprised with their reaction, and comeback, from this team tragedy.

As for my Hawks....well.....all I can say is ugh. I am hoping we start to look up.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 01:32:42 AM »
Don't give up hope!

Cassell did pretty good today, all things considered. Didn't make too many mistakes. I think he'll do just fine.

Oh yeah, and BOOYA 2-0 Pats so far!  ;D

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 01:07:21 PM »
Oh yeah guy. 2-0 isnt too bad. So far I cant complain. I wasnt really expressing my loss of faith in the team I was expressing my feeling of loss about Brady. Dont get me wrong the Pats are a good enough team to stick this season out with Cassell as QB. The D-Fence has to stay though and the O-Line needs to continue to grant him the time he needs. For at least the first half of the season were gonna need to rely on the running game and Wes Welker to do most of the offense. Dont be surprised if Welker ends up having the most receptions this year on the team.

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
  • You spilled my egg, I needed that egg. -Spike
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 10:27:30 AM »
At least you're not a Seahawk fan.

I mean, I'm honestly beginning to doubt we'll beat the freakin' Rams! :'(
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (RIP)

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 06:20:42 PM »
That'll be quite an exciting game.  Like pre-season, only not as important.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 10:33:13 PM »
Hahahaha. Only not as important. That kills me. Hey I know it might not look good but look at the pats Pre Brady. They were one of the worst teams in the NFL forever. They had never won a Superbowl and didn't look like they were going to until they got rid of Bledsoe. Listen most of my life Boston teams sucked so we Bostonians know what its like to follow a loosing franchise. You just never know when its your teams turn to be great.