Author Topic: Please be more proactive in banning trolls on the message boards.  (Read 8082 times)

UtopiaGreen01

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Please be more proactive in banning trolls on the message boards.
« on: September 07, 2008, 09:34:19 PM »
Especially the Brandon Sanderson one.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Please be more proactive in banning trolls on the message boards.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 12:16:46 AM »
You are the biggest troll around. At least three other forum members believe you should be banned.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 12:49:07 AM »
You are the biggest troll around. At least three other forum members believe you should be banned.
If you aren't counting me you can add me to that number.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 01:11:50 AM »
And me. And based on the reception in EUOL's board, most of them.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

schneb

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 07:34:36 AM »

I don't know, I mean he single-handedly forced me to stop being a lurker and start posting.  That's gotta be worth something.  Now if I only had something to contribute to the more worthwhile threads...

Emillith

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Joyful Light of the Stargarden
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 05:04:55 PM »
I figure that contribution will happen when one is ready. *shrugs* Thats why I (mostly) only post when I have something to say. Don't stress what types of threads you post in. :)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »
I'm on the fence with Utopia. It seems that Utopia creates a lot of conversation, either meaningful or not it helps me pass the time at work when we all get fired up about that last idiotic think Utopia said. I could see it becoming very troublesome with one word posts and a million new threads that have no value. I think this thread is another instance were Utopia is trolling hes just calling it what it is. Hes kinda asking for the moderators to do something about himself. (assuming Utopia is a male)
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 11:46:44 PM »
I'm on the fence with Utopia. It seems that Utopia creates a lot of conversation, either meaningful or not it helps me pass the time at work when we all get fired up about that last idiotic think Utopia said.

I'm not sure that "conversation" is the right word. We may look like we are actually talking about him but I'm not sure if it could be called "conversation," which implies some kind of intelligent, meaningful discussion.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 12:00:05 AM »
Your right that is a valid point. I wouldn't say that I enjoy the conversation that is started by Utopia, more I enjoy the feeding of the troll that comes after. 
That's what you get for not feeding the trolls. See, we feed the trolls, but we feed the trolls knives, so it all works out! The troll gets to eat, and we get to see its stomach eviscerated. Problem solved!
to quote Chaos.

It usually turns out to be fairly entertaining.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 08:08:53 PM »
On the "meaningful conversation" front, I really don't think Utopia actually reads what any of us have to say. To wit, Utopia's latest post:

So is anyone willing to 2nd day ship a book to me for free?  Or can anyone buy Sanderson's book on Amazon and put my shipping info as the shipping info, so they are buying me books through Amazon?  I am a level 3 poster here on the boards, so don't I get some entitlement for free Sanderson books??

It's like... it's like he posts these topics, and then completely disregards anything anyone says in his own threads. Sigh.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 08:19:56 PM »
I think maybe it's an alternate identity of one of the regular posters (someone suggested Skar?) just having fun stirring things up and making people mad.  It's hard to believe there's an actual person out there who sincerely posts these kinds of things.
He ate my horse.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 08:42:23 PM »
It makes sense because the moderators and admins dont really seem to care. the only one who has said anything was Ook and I could see his buddies playing him. I dunno, there are some dense people out there and this could be one who just doesnt really care and posts almost spazmaticly.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 09:36:42 PM »
actually I think Ookla suggested it might be EUOL which would have its own brand of humor, but I don't know...it would take a lot to act that stupid.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 09:41:35 PM »
I know I remember that. But I would think that a writer like EUOL would have the ability to be creative enouph to pull it off. I mean he creats complex charaters all day how hard would it be to act like one.

Emillith

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Joyful Light of the Stargarden
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 09:52:31 PM »
actually I think Ookla suggested it might be EUOL which would have its own brand of humor, but I don't know...

I think the post initiating this thread could be a clue largely favoring this theory. :) And why not do something off the wall to blow off steam or help shift perspectives when working hard?