Author Topic: What is TWG's stance on PM harassment?  (Read 1862 times)

UtopiaGreen01

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
What is TWG's stance on PM harassment?
« on: September 12, 2008, 09:05:24 PM »
And what are the consequences for those people who do engage in those acts?

"You are as smart as Michael Bay."

"Dan Brown is smarter than you."

"If Oprah were real, she'd slap you."

"You some kind of person or something?"

"Hi, your local friendly moderator here.

Please stop trolling the boards.

We love having new members, and we'd love for you to settle in and contribute to discussions. However, if you continue to post ridiculous, pointless threads, I'm going to have to ban you. I don't want to have to do that.

This is your only warning."

"want to buy an ipod?"

"Give me your address so I can send you The Well of Assension..."

"We don't need idiots like you on this board."

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Re: What is TWG's stance on PM harassment?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 09:12:20 PM »
Don't read your PMs.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 09:17:45 PM »
It's not allowed. Contact Brenna or Skar with the details and I'm sure they would be happy to deal with the offender.

I feel for you. This thread actually goes in the Suggestions Box though, unless you just want to rant without having anything done about it.

[EDIT: I feel kind of stupid now, and the reason should be obvious.]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 12:13:55 AM by Ookla The Mok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 10:56:08 PM »
We love having new members, and we'd love for you to settle in and contribute to discussions. However, if you continue to post ridiculous, pointless threads, I'm going to have to ban you. I don't want to have to do that.

This is your only warning."
That sounds pretty Admin or Moderator-ish to me.  I'd listen.

"Give me your address so I can send you The Well of Assension..."
If I'm correct that was GreenMonsta and he was just trying to help you out because he has doubles of the books.

Now, I say this with the utmost respect.  I know many boards that would have banned you already.  Just chill a little and learn the common decorum of the board and then people will be more apt to like you and want to help you and listen to your ideas.

オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 06:32:31 PM »
In chaos' words, I really don't think Utopia reads past the first post of any thread. He just starts a thread, lets it go, and doesn't read it. I have yet to see him respond to anything anyone has said to him. The only way to contact him is to pm him.

And as miyabi said, the one sounds like a moderator, which is definitely NOT PM harassment. Then there's the one that's GreenMonsta, trying to get his address to send him Well of Ascension like utopia requested. I don't really see the problem.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 07:22:43 PM »
In chaos' words, I really don't think Utopia reads past the first post of any thread. He just starts a thread, lets it go, and doesn't read it. I have yet to see him respond to anything anyone has said to him. The only way to contact him is to pm him.

Aw... Utopia didn't even mention MY pm. It was a nice one, too, in the sense I wasn't making fun of him, not that it excelled in making fun of him!

While we are on the topic of harassment, what's TWG's stance on Eye Harassment? You know, when your eyes get raped from the sheer idiocy of topics. I think that is the issue of the day here.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 09:43:07 PM »
[Eye Harassment? You know, when your eyes get raped from the sheer idiocy of topics.

Ow. That sounds painful. Good thing I always read forums when I'm tired anyway. That way even the silly stuff SEEMS to make sense :)
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.