Author Topic: Anyone in the LA area willing to mail me their book for loan?  (Read 13698 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: Anyone in the LA area willing to mail me their book for loan?
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 08:01:53 PM »
So is anyone willing to 2nd day ship a book to me for free?  Or can anyone buy Sanderson's book on Amazon and put my shipping info as the shipping info, so they are buying me books through Amazon?  I am a level 3 poster here on the boards, so don't I get some entitlement for free Sanderson books??

Well, I'm a level 8, so obviously I am entitled to compensation more than twice that of yours. I think that if you would be my undying slave, that should measure up nicely. They call Brandon the Evil Undead Overload, so I'm sure he would not be opposed to giving me some undead slaves who happened to be named "UtopiaGreen01".
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

SarahG

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2008, 08:25:31 PM »
I'm kind of surprised UtopiaGreen is even posting in an existing thread, rather than just starting a new one.  I just looked at his stats: 37 posts, 18 topics created, 5 polls created.
He ate my horse.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2008, 08:39:23 PM »
I think most of us have seen the results of Utopias threads. Most of them die quickly. This one is kept alive for simple fun. the only other one I found that is still popular was the "QUESTION" one about abortion. That one started good conversation that Utopia doesn't even take part in. Plus the pole at the top was terrible. I think we should keep this going and if Utopia wants to PM me his personal mailing info Ill send him a copy of the mistborn series seeing how I have two of each. Im keeping Elantris though because I only have one.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2008, 09:04:24 PM »
You're just prejudiced to be nice to him because both your names are Green!!
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2008, 09:39:26 PM »
Yeah but I think the Green Monster is Utopia so I dont need UtopiaGreen if you follow what I mean.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2008, 10:02:24 PM »
if Utopia wants to PM me his personal mailing info Ill send him a copy of the mistborn series seeing how I have two of each. Im keeping Elantris though because I only have one.
Egads. Noooonooonooo! Feedest thou NOT the troll that prowleth these boards. I beseech thee most adamantly, dear GreenMonsta. For then wilt we be never rid of his purile polls and brazen begging or his exuberantly misplaced sense of entitlement. Please, I beg thee by all that is holy (including the Green Monster at Fenway) to reconsider thy plan!

And, forsoothe, if thou hast an affliction known as "Multiple Personalties," make all haste to check thyself in at the nearest ER.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:51:03 PM by Shrain »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2008, 11:25:19 PM »
Just realize that if you send it to utopia, you won't get it back.

I'm a level nine poster, so does that mean that I get three times as much stuff as utopia? So I should at least be entitled to a free car or something like that.....

I love how he thinks that posting more than 50 times on a website entitles him to free stuff. Especially when you look at people like SE and Sprig with massive post counts. At first I was just annoyed by this thread, but I now find it genuinely amusing. I think it's because I've stopped trying to figure out if Utopia is actually serious or not and just decided to start shamelessly mocking him.

But I agree, Green, if we ever want to hear the end of Utopia asking for free stuff, thou shouldst not sendeth the book(s).
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2008, 01:57:48 AM »
Thats fine, I plan on buying HoA and then the whole set again. Hopefully in a box set in paperback to fit my shelf.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2008, 04:14:05 AM »
Yeah but I think the Green Monster is Utopia so I dont need UtopiaGreen if you follow what I mean.

If you are referring to a certain, um, I dunno, "wall" that happens to be located in left field of a certain baseball park, then I'm right there with you.  ;D

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2008, 07:10:52 AM »

If you are referring to a certain, um, I dunno, "wall" that happens to be located in left field of a certain baseball park, then I'm right there with you.  ;D
OMGSH the ONLY reason I know what you're talking about is because they built a pretend one for my cousin's birthday party a few years ago. ha ha.

Greenmonsta. . . . don't give him what he wants. lol.

Also, I think it would be REALLY REALLY sweat if they did hard leather bound copies. :D  That would be so amazing!
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2008, 07:40:12 AM »
I'd buy one for every single book he puts out.  :)

Leather bound is a really nice idea.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2008, 07:49:40 AM »
I'd buy one for every single book he puts out.  :)

Leather bound is a really nice idea.
Me too. ha ha.

I think it would be amazing to have one of all of his books in leather bound.  I mean it would just be so cool. ha ha.  Then I'd have to get them signed. >.>  <.<  -Stalks Brandon-
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

schneb

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2008, 10:29:24 PM »
if Utopia wants to PM me his personal mailing info Ill send him a copy of the mistborn series seeing how I have two of each. Im keeping Elantris though because I only have one.
Egads. Noooonooonooo! Feedest thou NOT the troll that prowleth these boards. I beseech thee most adamantly, dear GreenMonsta. For then wilt we be never rid of his purile polls and brazen begging or his exuberantly misplaced sense of entitlement. Please, I beg thee by all that is holy (including the Green Monster at Fenway) to reconsider thy plan!

And, forsoothe, if thou hast an affliction known as "Multiple Personalties," make all haste to check thyself in at the nearest ER.

That's a brilliant plan, GreenMonsta.  I wish I had thought of it first, really, what better way is there get his actual address so I could go to his house and mock him in person.   Ummm...I've got some extra books too, so go ahead and send me your address and I'll get right on it.

UtopiaGreen01

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2008, 08:24:10 PM »
Thats fine, I plan on buying HoA and then the whole set again. Hopefully in a box set in paperback to fit my shelf.
So when can I expect my books?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2008, 06:45:13 AM »

Anyone else want to be banned while I'm here?  Not that I think anyone needs to be, I just don't get to use the hammer all that often.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.