Author Topic: I have to say, I'm impressed.  (Read 3178 times)

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: I have to say, I'm impressed.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 10:22:10 PM »
I have a lot of friends who use it and say it runs Java like none other.  Sadly there is not a Linux build for it yet.  I may just have to run it through Wine and see how well it works.  Depending on how well it works I may just decide to run that instead of FF, but FF seems to work really well on Linux as-is so I may just stick with it until there is a Linux build.

You'll have to let me know how it works in Wine, I'm curious myself. I like it because it runs fast. If a tab crashes it won't crash the whole browser too, which is cool. I haven't been able to crash it yet so I can't validate it though. It's a little to simplified to me, but has it's place.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 01:24:31 AM »
Haven't tried it, but I've heard it's very fast and very nice.

EDIT: I'm actually editing this on Google Chrome, and I have to say, so far, it is very fast and very nice. It is rather simplistic, and I'll probably stick with Firefox for that reason. It's good enough that I'll keep it installed, which is more than I can say for numerous other browsers I've tried. But it is VERY fast.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 01:40:14 AM by Andrew the Great »
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 03:38:46 AM »
I'll download it tomorrow once I have Windows Seven Beta M1 Build 6519 installed.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

jjb

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 05:05:24 AM »
The magic system is just too powerful for me and had too many holes for my liking.

What kind of holes are you talking about?

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 02:09:09 PM »
It's a little to simplified to me, but has it's place.

To be fair, in regards to this statement, it is still in beta, so as far as content goes, there may be more to come. Also, they were going for a simplified interface, if that's what you mean for it being simplified. :P
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 08:36:05 PM »
as far as holes the biggest ones to me seem to be the inconsistency from the first few books to prior books. There isn't much but the feel of the magic is different. I'd have to read it again to go into more depth.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!