Author Topic: Meyer Stops writing next twilight book  (Read 23301 times)

Fantomboo

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I like PIE!
    • View Profile
Re: Meyer Stops writing next twilight book
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 04:02:59 PM »
The Host is MUCH better than ANY of the Twilight books. I really quite enjoyed it.

I can agree with that. I read the Twilight books and found them to be good for what they are.  Then I read The Host and found it to be a  better story and  better writing . I am thinking her work will get better with time. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 04:05:44 PM by Fantomboo »
Don't use words too big for the subject. Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite.
C.S. Lewis

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 07:33:34 PM »
I don't know about that.  I mean, she wrote Breaking Dawn after TH, and I think that BD was her worst book yet.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 08:23:29 PM »
I don't know about that.  I mean, she wrote Breaking Dawn after TH, and I think that BD was her worst book yet.

True, but I think that had a lot to do with her pandering far too much to her fans and the fact that she was stuck with the world she created in the first 3.  I'm actually pretty sure she had no idea how to end it until she was half way through writing the book. (at least that is my opinion) I'm not sure she ever intended Bella to turn vampire or not. Everything after the Birth was limpid and lacking conflict, as if she just ran out of steam and just tried to meander about until she could end it.
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 08:30:47 PM »
I actually don't think she was pandering to her fans in BD. I'm pretty darn sure that I've heard her say that she wrote BD for herself.....Which explains how lame it is. All fairy-tale like. So much build up for the turn into a vampire, and then when it finally happens, no consequences. Really? Lame. And then the fight? And Bella's lame power? Again, really? I know for a fact that I've read fanfiction better than BD. In fact, some of the "better fanfiction" has been Twilight fanfiction. Her fans can write better than she can. That's sad.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 04:48:25 AM »
Ouch.

(BTW, your sig is copyright infringement!  And plagiarism!  Ahhhh!  Okay, I don't really care.  But you should at least put quote marks up.)
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 06:11:13 PM »
Copyright infringement? How is it copyright infringement? You never copyrighted it! If anything, it's a way to flatter you, even if the attribution isn't given...The attribution doesn't really NEED to be given, because the only people who really understand what it is, know who said it...And fine, I'll put the quote marks up.

And I like the "ouch" part. I just read back through my post and is kind of  "ouch"-like....But it's all true. Her fans can write better than her. Well. Some of them. And they have stories with a lot more plot (although it's really not hard to get more plot than a book like Twilight....or even New Moon...the plot doesn't even start until 2/3 the way into the book..(slight exaggeration, but a small one at that)).
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 10:51:25 AM »
In the US, everything written is instantly copywrited by the writer, technically.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 05:34:41 PM »
Really?.....Heh. That's cool.

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 05:05:44 PM »
I'm not happy ether on how this turned out. My friend was able to read the first 11 chapters but I'm stuck on only the 1 so she's trying to catch me up. I do feel bad for the person who did all this but I don't at the same time because they ruined the entire book for us because it may not be coming out.

Bastille
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 07:32:02 PM »
I'm sure no matter what she puts out as the next book it'll be a bestseller…if only 'cause she wrote it and it's a Twilight book.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 07:44:34 PM »
Very true and because it has Edward in it. All my friends are like obsesst over him, one even has one of those life size cut outs of him. I have to admit that I would want one of those to but I still think that's going a little over board with the whole Edward Cullen thing.

Bastille
Nothing gold can stay.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 07:46:55 PM »
Yeah that's half the reason every teenage girl in the whole freakin' country sees those movies/reads the books.…(hyperbole)
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 08:21:47 PM »
Yeah, you better hyberbole that....my sisters are teens. And so are their friends. And they and most of their friends really don't like the books.

I still think that's going a little over board with the whole Edward Cullen thing.

Heh. Ya think? He's a stalker-boy. He's creepy. Sure, he's good-looking, but looks definitely aren't everything, and with him that statement is painfully apparent. It bugs me to no end when I'm messing around on Facebook (on the app Pieces of Flair) and I see stuff saying crap like: Edward Cullen, raising the bar for boyfriends since 2007...or whatever the date is. Ugh. If Edward Cullen is how boyfriends should act now, we're heading back to the 1800's in terms of feminism.

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 08:46:03 PM »
Yeah, you better hyberbole that....my sisters are teens. And so are their friends. And they and most of their friends really don't like the books.

I still think that's going a little over board with the whole Edward Cullen thing.

Heh. Ya think? He's a stalker-boy. He's creepy. Sure, he's good-looking, but looks definitely aren't everything, and with him that statement is painfully apparent. It bugs me to no end when I'm messing around on Facebook (on the app Pieces of Flair) and I see stuff saying crap like: Edward Cullen, raising the bar for boyfriends since 2007...or whatever the date is. Ugh. If Edward Cullen is how boyfriends should act now, we're heading back to the 1800's in terms of feminism.

Lol!! I've never heard ANYONE say that before about Twilight. All the boy friends at our school have been replaced by Edward Cullen and it's not really likely that you will ever meet him so I don't really get the point of all these girls going gaa gaa over him. But I still like the books and I still really like Edward just not to the extreme.

Bastille
Nothing gold can stay.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 08:59:56 PM »
All the boy friends at our school have been replaced by Edward Cullen

Ah, but you see, it's THIS that backs me up. All the boy friends have been replaced because none of them are as "good" as Edward. So until someone comes along who IS as "good" as Edward.....well. I think you know where I'm going with this.