Author Topic: The Sarah Palin VP announcement  (Read 22472 times)

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: The Sarah Palin VP announcement
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 07:58:05 AM »
I'm guessing the only person who knows the answer to that is Sarah Palin. I think the list would be available, if she didn't get called out on her b.s. and had to step back.

Oh, and high five Miyabi, Libertarian to Libertarian.  :)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 08:04:12 AM »
I'm guessing the only person who knows the answer to that is Sarah Palin. I think the list would be available, if she didn't get called out on her b.s. and had to step back.

Oh, and high five Miyabi, Libertarian to Libertarian.  :)
Are you going to try and be involved in the recreating of whichever state is was they decided upon once we have enough people?
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 08:07:59 AM »
I'm not sure I understand your question....then again I am extremely tired and should be in bed.  :D

Are you asking if,  in the event of some actual progress in this country towards a Libertarian state, would I be involved? I think the answer is a most definite yes. I am already semi-involved in various grassroots campaigns in my home town, and am actually pondering running on a Libertarian Ticket in my state.  :)

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 08:10:22 AM »
There is actually a Libertarain group online that discusses the possibility of moving a whole bunch of libertarians to a single state then trying to completely reform the government within that state and if the national government tries to step in then they would emancipate themselves from the U.S.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2008, 05:04:22 PM »
I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude, but why?
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2008, 05:24:31 PM »
Because Libertaians believe that government should have VERY minimal control over what happens.  So the idea is to get people elected to office who will move towards the ideal government.  SO the thought is, if the federal government tries to step in and stop it then they are stepping out of bounds and that they should separate themselves from that.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2008, 07:14:08 PM »
Because Libertaians believe that government should have VERY minimal control over what happens.  So the idea is to get people elected to office who will move towards the ideal government.  SO the thought is, if the federal government tries to step in and stop it then they are stepping out of bounds and that they should separate themselves from that.
I can agree with the concept, but the actual implementation of the idea is kind of worrying.  We as a Country have already been through this once...
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2008, 08:23:07 PM »
The funny thing being.  Everyone is like "Damn Russia for getting mad about countries seceding, they should just live with it!" but when is talked about happening here people get rather testy.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 01:52:22 AM »
Russia is hypocritical too. They don't want Chechnya to secede from them, but they're all for South Ossetia and Abkhazia and Transnistria seceding from Georgia and Moldova because doggone it, Russians live there!
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 02:01:07 AM »
Yeah.  Basically everyone is hypocritical. ha ha.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 02:04:14 PM »
THSGHPMME:
I apologize for my misinterpretation. You were perfectly clear in your statement; I was hasty.

"...wonder why she thinks she needs to bring up experience."

From the context of the speech I got the impression that she was responding to the Obama camp having 'fired back' at her 'lack of experience'.  Both parties have now made an issue out of it against the other side. I'm in agreement with you.  Judging the candidates from past actions on a top level political level is nice, but not crucial to the debate.

well, let's just shoot anyone, of any view, who wants to make this an issue. Really, "celebrity" status is also the same. McCain choose a figure very much like Obama in Pallin, in that she's a minority (technically, there are more women in the world, but they're still considered a group that is oppressed by the establishment in some circles. Politically, it's the same) she's attractive, and she has excellent public presence. And you know what? there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I think it's a *good* thing for the leader (or second in commend) of the free world to have those traits. It is something that made Reagan such an effective president. People listen when you're like that. World wide.  It's not a bad thing for the world to listen to us.

So it boils down to policies and plans to me. So, I know who I *think* I will vote for, but I could still be swayed. I'm not utterly disgusted by both candidates like I was 4 years ago. In fact, while I think neither is ideal, I think both tickets bring something to the table I could live with.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 09:02:09 PM »
There is actually a Libertarain group online that discusses the possibility of moving a whole bunch of libertarians to a single state then trying to completely reform the government within that state and if the national government tries to step in then they would emancipate themselves from the U.S.

Isn't that called Montana?   :)
He ate my horse.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 09:20:30 PM »
Question, What happens in a place with no government? Right I remember now, nothing good. I don't understand this idea of everyone moving from all over This Country into one of Our states and saying "Well were going to do things the way we want and if you don't like it too bad". Ok I get it If you want a place with minimal government then move to the jungle somewhere. Don't take your ideals and then attempt to reform a government that is the only reason you would have the state to take over in the first place. Really if it wasn't for our government and our country then would there even be people who wanted to move to some state and decide to take it over. No they would go somewhere else and do it. Why don't you just go to Canada they would probably let you have free reign for a little while before they stopped you.

Forgive me that sounds like I don't Like Canada. Why don't you go to Iraq or Afghanistan and do it or better yet try North Korea or Iran. Go there and talk about your Libertarian movement, see how they like it.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 10:51:19 PM »

Isn't that called Montana?   :)
No it wasn't. ha ha.  But Montana and Idaho were both on the list of possible states. 

It was some state back east.  I want to say Vermont but I'm not sure.  I can't seem to find the site.  maybe I'm just not looking close enough. ah ah.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2008, 11:42:21 PM »
Ignore and avoid miyabi
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"