Author Topic: Discourses of the Superfly night Crew  (Read 23959 times)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
Re: Discourses of the Superfly night Crew
« Reply #240 on: January 27, 2005, 01:35:23 AM »

I know I'm a punk... sorry that you got to deal with it. ;D

Liar.  You're not sorry.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 01:35:36 AM by MsFish »
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 27, 2005, 01:42:17 AM »
Sounds like a great game....

You cant ask for a better group than that..

I wish I could get the folks here to look at White Wolfs stuff twice...

Saint Positively hates them...

Well hates may be too strong, but he doesnt like em.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2005, 01:43:58 AM »
I think it's a blast.  I really enjoy the plot stuff...cause the way Jason runs it it's all a big mystery that we're trying to solve, which I think is the way it's supposed to be if you decide to follow the books.  We end up fighting spectres alot, which I find less exciting.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2005, 01:45:24 AM »
Does the game have Shadowguides or have other characters play you bad side... and what kind of powers do ghosts have?

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2005, 01:45:41 AM »
This one time, we were supposed to help this one ghost pass on, and to do that we have to resolve the ties that he had to his earth-life, kinda like in Casper.  

Well, this guy wanted to sleep with his secretary.  But we didn't want to have him do that, so instead we had the secretary fall apart.  Literally--like with pieces of her body falling off all over.  

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 27, 2005, 01:46:08 AM »
Does the game have Shadowguides or have other characters play you bad side... and what kind of powers do ghosts have?

What's a shaddow guide?

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 27, 2005, 01:48:54 AM »
In Wraith, the game its based on, everyone plays a character and also plays the dark side of someone else's character (called the Shadow Guide).
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2005, 01:49:43 AM »
My character can move things in the earth-world, create objects out of ghost-matter, hit people with raw force (last friday she sent this military lady flying into the air at 10,000 pounds of force--it was fun) and she can make people see or hear or feel things that aren't there--she can affect their senses with illusions, basically.  Hence the menstrual cramps.  

There are lots of other powers--Jezzy can tell the future, Freya (Mandy's character) can turn into swarms of small animals and also shape-shift some pretty scary stuff on herself.  Johannes (the german Jamaican) can inhabit things, and possess people...there's lots more.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 27, 2005, 01:50:34 AM »
No, there's no shadow guides, at least not in our campaign.  None of us are evil; I'm not sure if the game lets you do that or not.  We have enough problems without evil going on, I think.  

Ooh, and my character can walk on walls and on the ceiling.  That's fun.  

My character and Brenna's aren't dead, they're living people who can hop out of their bodies, basically.  Well, Audrey (my character)'s body is frozen in michigan, actually.  She's traveling up there to get it this week.  
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 01:52:44 AM by MsFish »

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2005, 01:53:41 AM »
It was a pretty cool mechanic in Wraith,... you never knew when the other players were going to screw up your best laid plans...

Plus your shadow could be more powerful than you could... making you want to have them take over...

Of course your shadow just wants to obliterate you...

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 27, 2005, 01:53:50 AM »
Well there is sort of Shadows in Orpheus, but it works a bit different Jeffe.  For the most part, your Shadow is seperate from yourself.  Orpheus is not a part of the traditional World Of Darkness, the way Wraith is.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 27, 2005, 01:54:18 AM »
hmm I may have to get it just because...

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 27, 2005, 01:56:17 AM »
Yeah, I think I remember something about shadows now, but they're basically NPC's, I think.  None of us are high enough on spite right now to have to deal with them.  

See, my problem in talking about this is, I'm not sure what terminology is specific to Orpheus, and what's just common RPG speak.  There's probably some of each, so I'm sort of simplifying it so I would understand, if I'd never played.  Which is probably way more simple than you need it.  

And I like that I'm probably getting all sorts of things messed up here.  Brenna can correct me, if she looks at this.  
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 01:57:21 AM by MsFish »

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 27, 2005, 01:57:44 AM »
yeah we can puzzle out the terms...

People seem intimidated by these threads for some reason.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 01:58:31 AM by ElJeffe »

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 27, 2005, 01:58:02 AM »
Even I think the World Of Darkness can get really confusing, and I've reread all the books several times.