Author Topic: Are tehre any computer programs that auto write stuff for you?  (Read 1952 times)

UtopiaGreen01

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Maybe a random generator, that you specify the basic synopsis and it automatically fills it in up to the page length you desire to complete a book with characters and plot twists you specify?  And maybe run a million of those processes, and the best version you create, you send to see if publishers will buy?  Anyone know?

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Are tehre any computer programs that auto write stuff for you?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 04:04:35 AM »
Absolutely.  There is such a program and it has produced 20-25% of the New York Times bestseller list for the last several years.  I think they just made it available as a free download but I can't remember the exact name of the program.  If you find it, could you post about it here?  Because I totally want to use it.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 05:19:19 AM »
When I worked in the library, one of the books touted being written by this computer, after it was fed the full text of several Jackie Collins novels (or someone like Jackie Collins, but dead). It was called Computer Luv, I think.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Eudaimoniac

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 07:34:16 AM »
Yes and no.

There is actually a program containing several thousand characters + background, many hundreds major plot points and about 5.000 minor plot-twists. The program is able to in a fashion put it together, but there is still a lot of work you have to do yourself.

I have been googling it but cannot find it again, but i know it is out there somewhere.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 01:03:17 AM »
yes well as you can understand the publishers don't want this type of thing to get out. Obviously they want the best books possible but they prefer to keep competition to a minimum. Its not exactly easy to find.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!