Author Topic: Warbreaker 2  (Read 6644 times)

WriterDan

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Babble from below, bubbles from above...
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
Warbreaker 2
« on: August 21, 2008, 09:17:46 PM »
So, I decided not to slog through the 47 pages of comments about Warbreaker, and just ask my question here.  Hope that's okay.

I found out that there was going to be a Warbreaker 2 late in the game of Warbreaker 1.  I'm curious as to whether or not Brandon is planning on putting WB2 out for the public in the same way that he did WB.  So, pretty much if Brandon and his retinue of "people" have decided as to whether or not this was a good way to do things, and if they'd do it again.

Also, will WB2 be the last in the "series"?  Or is this also planned to be a trilogy, as most fantasy books are these days?  Thanks for the info.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I review books at Elitist Book Reviews.  Check us out.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: Warbreaker 2
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 09:23:28 PM »
I don't know where I read it for sure (I think it was a blog post) but I believe he has said that he'll be putting it out the same way he did with one -- one chapter each week.

I've also always gotten the impression this was only going to be two books.  He's never meantioned a third book, and all the comments seem like those two will be it.  I could be wrong though.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 09:56:23 PM »
What fRR said.

Though Brandon may have a secret something up his sleeve for afterward...
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 11:02:23 PM »
What fRR said.

Though Brandon may have a secret something up his sleeve for afterward...

see!! see?? right there! that mysterious comment. notice how he couches it in terms of "maybe" and "perhaps". "Afterward" and "secret". How does he get so much ambiguity in so few words...
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 11:42:52 PM »
I do what I can.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 11:44:37 PM »
There's a ... too. It's characteristic of an Ookla post.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

WriterDan

• Level 11
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 05:44:45 PM »
So, I'm thinking that I'm going to have to collect a group of Ooklas for when I start getting published.  Spreading the mystery.  Testing the waters.  Euol is lucky to have people like you, Ookla.

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »
Ookla and EUOL are the same person, you never see them on the boards at the same time. Just kidding....or am I?
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 07:50:32 PM »
I'm not brimming with excess ideas like Brandon is. My future is also much less certain than his. Plus I have less hair on my head and more on my face.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 08:02:38 PM by Ookla The Mok »

Pink Bunkadoo

• Level 7
  • Ookla's sister
    • View Profile
    • Helena's webpage
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 09:33:29 PM »
I've seen them in the same room together.   :D
~금강산도 식후경~

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 09:39:37 PM »
I've seen them in the same room together.   :D

You'll have to do better than that EUOL. ;P
moustaches on the other.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 03:59:46 AM »
Oh look at the wonderful conspiracy theories. ha ha.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

WriterDan

• Level 11
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 05:59:09 PM »
So, another question.  I did actually start reading the Warbreaker topic from the beginning the other day.  Only got about 10 pages into it before I gave up.  One thing I did notice though, was that Brandon said that Warbreaker was going to be a stand-alone book.  Why is it two now?  I can understand that a story grows as it is written, but it sounded like he was pretty set on the idea of keeping this to one book when he started.

Ah, and I think that Ookla writes/(talks?) completely different than EUOL.  That's enough for me to know they're not the same person.  Other than the underlying obvious point that I don't think Brandon would be that underhanded.  Me, however...  :)

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 06:44:33 PM »
Ah, and I think that Ookla writes/(talks?) completely different than EUOL.  That's enough for me to know they're not the same person.

Do all of Brandon's characters talk the same? If they don't, then why would his alternate identity? Now see, obviously I was joking, Ookla and Brandon are two distinct and separate individuals. However, I would not be surprised to learn that Ookla is being controlled via chalkings.....
moustaches on the other.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 07:50:27 PM »
The Warbreaker story pretty much ends in the first book (everyone's character arc finishes), but it definitely needs a sequel. I'm not sure at what point Brandon decided this.