Author Topic: Hero of Ages Prologue  (Read 17207 times)

neiana

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
Re: Hero of Ages Prologue
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2008, 03:47:06 AM »
The only reason I could fathom would follow this line of thinking:

a) Ruin will want to be worshiped the way TLR was
b) he would need a body
c) a prologue is a better place to embody a god than elsewhere unless we were building up to it
d) thus...

OR

a) Ruin can only do so much in a spirit-form.
b) he would need a body.
c) et cetera

It felt right for it to be Ruin, so *shrug*...  I don't have strong evidence to support it, though. :)

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2008, 03:55:32 AM »
The first logic chain makes sense, but I don't think Ruin wants to be worshiped. He just wants to destroy things. (As per Alendi's logbook entry, which has something to do with Ruin on some level.) As for the second, the problem I see with that is that even if Ruin is limited in spirit-form, Inquisitors seem so much more limited to me. They have to rest very often and can omnisciently warp reality. If he wanted a body, I don't think he'd choose an Inquisitor unless he had to.
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

neiana

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2008, 04:36:52 AM »
The first logic chain makes sense, but I don't think Ruin wants to be worshiped. He just wants to destroy things. (As per Alendi's logbook entry, which has something to do with Ruin on some level.) As for the second, the problem I see with that is that even if Ruin is limited in spirit-form, Inquisitors seem so much more limited to me. They have to rest very often and can omnisciently warp reality. If he wanted a body, I don't think he'd choose an Inquisitor unless he had to.

If Inquisitor's can indeed be controlled by the metals within them, the way the koloss and potentially kandra can, then Ruin in an Inquisitor's body could give Vin an idea that would ultimately prove worthless (because Ruin would be more powerful) - just a tiny note for the theory that the Hero won't win (if Vin's the Hero). :D

Suddenly I wonder if Sazed can be controlled...  ahh I wish I knew the proper threads to go posting these mini-thoughts or looking for them anyways.

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2008, 04:51:29 AM »
Well, this seems basically the topic for most of the questions you posed, but the Ruin and Preservation thread and Comprehensive Hemalurgy thread would also be good places to look. (They're super-huge though.)
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2008, 07:28:18 AM »
Well, if you pay really close attention to semantics, the body below had eye-spikes. Just saying . . .
My point solidified as much as possible without reading the book.  (Even if it's NOT an Inquisitor, I would be disappointed if this was the body that Ruin took.

So Zane's back-spike makes him an Inquisitor?  I don't find this to be a good enough argument.  It's clear a spiked body does not an Inquisitor make.
I'm talking about the eye spikes creating an embodiment that is neither aesthetic nor transcendent.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。