Author Topic: review: Cry Wolf  (Read 6278 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
Re: review: Cry Wolf
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 04:58:29 PM »
I loved this book. I started reading these because of the reviews on Timewasters, and I'm so glad I did. They are really enjoyable. My one disappointment about this book is that it didn't include the short story that first introduces Anna and her relationship to Charles. I had read it, and since it was also called Cry Wolf, I had thought it would be part of the novel. I wish it had been included.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 07:53:23 PM »
Yes, I agree. I don't know why thy didn't include the short story as well, it would have been useful to read previously to the story.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »
Briggs is one of my favorite authors lately. I'm hopelessly hooked on the Mercy books and the Anna books now. I need to go hunt down (haha, get it?) that short story so I can read it. Anything to help tide me over until Bone Crossed comes out!
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT