Author Topic: I WANNA!!! . . . .  (Read 8863 times)

origamikaren

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The World is Quiet Here
    • View Profile
    • tiggywinkle
Re: I WANNA!!! . . . .
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 12:47:29 AM »
Honestly, he takes great pleasure in playing with your heads.  Sometimes he's so gleeful about a particularly clever bit of teasing that he just has to call me over and show me what he did.  Oh, and he often will tell me things like, "somebody in one of the threads has totally figured everything out, but they're not advocating the idea like they believe it--I think they only said it as a joke."  I don't want any spoilers, so I just don't ask. (I've been an alpha reader since I married him, but not for any of the stuff that was written before)

Check out my daily poetry selection and musings at http://karenspoetryspot.blogspot.com

-Karen

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2008, 07:08:10 AM »
SO one of us IS right.  Now which one is it, and which theory.  AS long as it's not Andrew ;).  (Crossin my fingers, and Hopin' it's me)
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 09:53:47 AM »
Honestly, he takes great pleasure in playing with your heads.  Sometimes he's so gleeful about a particularly clever bit of teasing that he just has to call me over and show me what he did.  Oh, and he often will tell me things like, "somebody in one of the threads has totally figured everything out, but they're not advocating the idea like they believe it--I think they only said it as a joke."  I don't want any spoilers, so I just don't ask. (I've been an alpha reader since I married him, but not for any of the stuff that was written before)

I assume he's a very happy man then? Because my head sure gets played with. And I have to say, you're every bit as good at this as he is. I'm still trying to decide if your post is a good thing, because it means some of us are on the right track, or a bad thing, because now every theory that has been joked about or debunked from my Ruin-Atium Mine-Kandra theory to to Coma's Mist Spirit-Chapter Headings now should probably be rexamined.
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 04:25:45 PM »
Oh, and he often will tell me things like, "somebody in one of the threads has totally figured everything out, but they're not advocating the idea like they believe it--I think they only said it as a joke." 

You're pretty good at messing with people's heads too, lol. Now everyone is going to be going through their old posts and seeing if something they said in jest could actually be accurate.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 07:14:41 PM »
yeah, i knew it. Vin dies/ kelsier lives.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2008, 07:52:20 PM »
yeah, i knew it. Vin dies/ kelsier lives.

Yeah, I knew that one too.

Kelsier was burning alot of pewter so he survived his head being crushed in. Dockson had created a mask prior to this incident since he was so good at makeup having made Kelsier's disguises in the past, so when they saw Kelsier again, they thought it was a Kandra but it was actually Kelsier. They looked into the eye of his fake face which is why the light was missing and since his face was partially collapsed, his voice sounded weird too. Kelsier then leaves to perform his tasks that we'll see in book 3 but leaves OrSuer (Spelling?) behind as another person, who we see at the beginning of book 2. OrSuer then has to catch up to Kelsier to be part of his plans, which is when TenSoon infiltrates the group.

Vin chokes on a chicken bone in book 3 and dies because the only person that knows the heimlich is Kelsier, who just happens to be galavanting throughout the kingdom.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:54:06 PM by VegasDev »
moustaches on the other.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2008, 08:04:11 PM »
Once you guys read a few Spook chapters, you're going to scream and beat your heads against the wall.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2008, 08:39:36 PM »
Once you guys read a few Spook chapters, you're going to scream and beat your heads against the wall.

you bastar-
you did it again.
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2008, 10:58:51 PM »
Oh no.  I read one of them, in the back of the book, but I'm assuming it's later in the book.  I bet it has something to do with Spook using Tin so much that it is changing him, maybe that's why the Lord Ruler is so pwerful, using Tin all the time made Spook's tin really powerful, the Lord Ruler has been using allomancy for thousands of years, although Spooks thing could just be because of his constant flaring...
I'll bet it's something about allomancy or hemalurgy though.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Coof

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2008, 11:16:20 PM »
I just read that Spook chapter was that Spook had been burning Tin constantly for the last year or so and that his senses were hypersensitive.

I believe that this means that the more you use a metal, any metal the more proficient you become at it. Remember that during The Lord Ruler's time, burning metals was probably kept to a minimum to avoid detection. I don't think everybody could afford to have a smoker with them.

That would also partly explain why The Lord Ruler was as powerful as he was with Allomancy. A thousand years of practice.

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2008, 11:31:37 PM »
I think what Ookla is referring to is Spook talking more in his chapters.....or do I?
moustaches on the other.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2008, 11:43:40 PM »
Mmm. That's not what I'm referring to. (I mean something that happens a few Spook chapters later on, not the one that's previewed in the new MB paperback. That chapter is good to speculate from like Comatose did though.)

You'll see what I mean. Oh yes, indeed you will.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2008, 12:21:38 AM »
Does Spook go insane?  (SPOILER FROM THE SAMPLE CHAPTER) I bet he hooks up with that guy's sister though, doesn't he?  Ookla, don't tell me, I'll find out when the time comes.
Also Ookla, once this as all played out and we've read the book, you've got to tell us what you were thinking reading these posts, who you were laughing at and who you thought got the closest.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

VegasDev

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2008, 12:30:05 AM »
I bet he hooks up with that guy's sister though, doesn't he?

I would think that with Spook being so sensitive to touch, he's become a quick shooter.....not that there's anything wrong with that.
moustaches on the other.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2008, 12:53:37 AM »
You'll see what I mean. Oh yes, indeed you will.

You should just add stuff like this as a sig at the end of all your posts.

Ookla, does Marsh die?     "You'll see. Oh yes, indeed you will."

Ookla, what happens to Ruin?      "You'll see. Oh yes, indeed you will."

Ookla, what do the funny blue and yellow stars mean?      "You'll see. Oh yes, indeed you will."

!!!! i just realized somehow i lost 3 stars....have i been demoted?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 01:59:20 AM by Reaves »