Author Topic: review: Gone by Michael Grant  (Read 6409 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
Re: review: Gone by Michael Grant
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 04:39:26 AM »
Hey, Nessa,
Thanks for getting this posted. :)

I actually spotted two problems. First, on the front page of the forum, the title of my review has a little punctuation glitch. "Adults" shouldn't have an apostrophe before the "s"--it should just be the plural form. whoops. Anyhow, can you fix that for me? (I know, I know, I'm obsessive.  :P)

Also, the link at the bottom for buying the book on Amazon uses the title of my review instead of the title of the book. ("Buy Adults Need Not Exist at Amazon.") That must b because I put the book and author in the subtitle. Is it possible to correct that? Thanks so much!

How's the review of Cry Wolf coming?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 04:41:53 AM by Shrain »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 05:35:35 PM »
http://www.timewastersguide.com/review/1673/Cry-Wolf <--my review for Cry Wolf

Punctuation fixed.

As for the link, it's an automated thing, which is why I usually title the article the same as the book. I am unable to fix it without getting into code that I'm sure Spriggan would slap my fingers for even THINKING about dabbling with.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 05:37:07 PM by Nessa »
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 08:30:12 PM »
heh. Yeah. Thanks for fixing the punctuation. I hope Sprig can get the main page up and running soon.

By the way, I'll totally loan you this book when I'm in town if you'd like to read it. Then I can get that Rothfuss book. ;) Of course, thanks to my car repairs, I won't be going home any time soon. :P
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT