Author Topic: I would like to announce!  (Read 110790 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: I would like to announce!
« Reply #435 on: June 25, 2009, 04:37:23 PM »
OH, see I thought that was the type of food.  I didn't realize it was the name too. xD
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 26, 2009, 11:30:15 PM »
It's the name...and a guy named Aaron was chosen above me today so... i didn't expect to get the position but it was cool the considered me
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 28, 2009, 01:53:59 AM »
Now that I can actually breath for the first time in forever I'm going to go to the gym for the first time in like a month and a half.  So I hope that works out well.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #438 on: June 28, 2009, 04:44:32 AM »
Is it Mongolian style, stone top stir fry?  Love me some shaved lamb fried on a rock.
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 28, 2009, 04:54:24 AM »
It's based of the mongol warriors cooking with their swords on the underside of their shields we use wooden sticks on a large circular grill where everyone can see us
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #440 on: June 28, 2009, 07:50:33 AM »
So, to answer your question, yes, it's Mongolian-style stir-fry.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 29, 2009, 05:59:25 PM »
My wife and I had our first kid this weekend. A boy.  You can call him Bookstore Boy.

And yes, we are all tired, but healthy.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #442 on: June 29, 2009, 06:46:39 PM »
My wife and I had our first kid this weekend. A boy.  You can call him Bookstore Boy.

That's good to hear! Congrats! Also: You should totally actually name him Bookstore boy.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 30, 2009, 01:00:31 AM »
Congrats...and that's better than tater tot

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 30, 2009, 01:18:06 AM »
I found out today that the letter to the editor I faxed in this morning is going to be published.  I was replying to another letter that had been written in today's newspaper.

THE STORY BEHIND IT:  Recently two women who have been living together for a long time, and are lesbian went to an Olympic swimming complex.  They were denied the family rate for them and their children because they weren't a "family".  Soon after there was an article put in the newspaper about this situation.  Approximately a week later they held a protest outside of the swimming pool and told anyone who would listen about what had happened to them.  In today's newspaper there was a letter to the editor and it read:

Quote from: Niki Taysom
Homosexuals

Homosexual relationships are not recognized by the state of Idaho, are against natural law, which are the laws o9f God.

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with woman, both of them have commited an abomination..." Leviticus 20:13.  This also applies to women.

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?  Be not deceived: Neither fornication, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind." 1 Corinthians 6:9.

Babylon, Rome and Greece were destroyed because of immorality among its peoples.

When people choose to go against natural laws (the laws of God), there are negative consequences.

There is a God, and He wants us all back.  It is time to stand up for what is right for the preservation of us all - expecially children, who cannot speak for themselves.

After reading this I was shocked and saddened that someone would say that.  I decided that I would write a letter as well to respond to it.  This is what I wrote:

Quote from: Chris King

Too often today people push that their religion is what should govern everyone around them.  Such is the case against homosexuality.  Many of the people who write letters or make grand-standing arguments against it say things such as "Tthe bible says it's wrong".  These same people would tell you that homosexuality is a choice.

The fact is, more and more scientific evidence is showing that homosexuality is not a choice, but formed on a biological level.  Simon LeVay (PhD University of Gottingen, Pose Doctoral Harvard Medical School) spent the majority of his carrier studying homosexuality.

His studies showed that homosexual men have a larger amount of nuclei in the Anterior Hypothalamus than straight men do.  This is true inversely for women.  It's not simply a choice that is made at some point in a person's life, it is decided for them prebirth.

If God exists in the way some Christians who oppose homosexuality want him to exist, then he is playing a cruel trick on a lot of people (approximately 4.1% of adult per the study in 2006 by the Williams Institute School of Law).

Even if this was a choice, I don't know a single person that would have wanted all of the harassment and name calling that comes to someone as they go through school, or even after school that comes from the general population who oppose homosexuality.

I remember, not so long ago, I was out of topwn helping to train people who work for the same company as me.  On3e day after work I was walking through the building and walked passed some people who could tell thgat I was gay, they proceeded to latch onto each otyher and say things such as, "Oh, I love you, I'm sooo gay."  To their friends while shooting me dirty looks.

Growing up, I eventually came to accept myself and become happy.  The harassment I endeared caused me to become open to people of all kinds.  I can not imagine being prejudice towards any group of people upon "what" they are, because I've learned that the what doesn't define the who.  Because of this I feel that I have become a better person that I would have if I had not had to deal with such things growing up, and I believe more people should learn to find a who in someone before they place judgment on them.

Later, after discussing with my grandma and telling her they were putting my letter in the newspaper, she told me that the woman who originally started all of this (The woman who was denied the family discount) used to baby sit me when I was a child and she was proud of me for not being afraid to show who I was to the people of the community.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 30, 2009, 01:32:59 AM »
How am i supposed to believe it isn't a choice if they can't pin point the gene... sounds like another excuse for abhorent behavior...i have 2 cousins on different sides of the family who are both homosexual and i disagree with them but we just don't discuss it, i love them both dearly and it's not like they are rapist or some evil creature their moral are just differnet from mine. And lets say i give you the benefit of the doubt and say that homosexuality is born on a genetic level, that doesn't change the fact that it is abhornet behavior so there is a choice involved you can defy urges just like a person who is inclined to be promiscuise stays faithful to his wife (and there is a chemical inbalance that causes this), or how i refrain from slapping someone who insulted my momma, ect. And because there is a different mind set between the sexes physically and emotionally i believe it to be an absolute necessity for a child to be raised by a mother and a father both the appropriate sexes, otherwise the child grows up on a poor foundation because they have deprived to witness the balance of both worlds.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #446 on: June 30, 2009, 06:28:13 AM »

Congrats, and welcome to the world, Bookstore Boy!
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 30, 2009, 12:28:11 PM »
How am i supposed to believe it isn't a choice if they can't pin point the gene...

I feel exactly this same way about stupid people.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #448 on: June 30, 2009, 07:37:13 PM »
" The harassment I endeared caused me to become open to people of all kinds."

Hope the editor catches this and changes "endeared" to "endured" before it gets published...

I'll chime in and point out, however, that most psychologists claim that homosexuality is psychological.  Most geneticists claim that it is genetic.

The overall consensus, particularly in cross-disciplinary fields, is that homosexuality is a psychological state which is influenced by genetic factors, somewhat akin to the genetic propensity some individuals have towards addiction, or alcoholism, or obesity.  In all of these cases, some degree of control can be exercised, but it is much more difficult for some individuals than others.

Drawing an artificial distinction between gay people and straight people oversimplifies what is, in reality, a highly complicated issue—a moderately large minority of people feel some sort of homosexual urge at some point in their lives, and a number of individuals are attracted to both sexes (bisexuals).  Moreover, there are individuals which switch sexual preferences at various points in their lives.  I have known individuals who have crossed back and forth between heterosexuality and bisexuality, and between homosexuality and bisexuality.  I have also known homosexuals who then became heterosexual (and obvious the reverse).

Because of this, I find it unhelpful to talk about sexual preference in terms of "you're born black, or you're born white, and that determines who you are for the rest of your life".  Sexual preference doesn't work that way.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:40:13 PM by The Jade Knight »

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 01, 2009, 05:00:51 AM »
many studies have shown that a MAJORITY, not a "large minority" of people have at least some homosexual tendencies or feelings. I cant say whether it is genetic or not, but what I can say is that it is not right to judge others for who or what they are, be it a choice or not. Unless their behavoir in some way harms you, leave well enough alone.

There have also been studies pointing to homosexuality as a deviant choice, but in some cases, the people who came to this conclusion also did studies on atheism too, and found the atheists in their study to be mentally deficient.

bottom line, a study will almost always produce the results that the researcher wants or expects, even if it is subconscious. The researchers bias will always skew the results because they will skew the criteria for the study, whether it is a study on eggs causing cancer, the "cause" of homosexuality, or whether there was once life on Mars. We see it all the time, the big difference is that organized religion does not publish the studies on eggs and use them as proof that eggs are an abomination.