Author Topic: I completely hate fantasy...  (Read 5498 times)

Natalie Perkins

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • NataliePerkins.cjb.net
Re: I completely hate fantasy...
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 05:11:18 AM »
I must live in a deprived hole. There are always way too many copies available for my satisfaction.

Whenever ever I'm at a bookstore or the Library, I always make an attempt to take one (or all) of Brandon's books and put them on the reccomendation shelves.
‘Never trust a teenage boy in a room of teenage girls to be on time.’ (Wievorann Ch.6)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 08:00:25 AM »
Holy thread necromancy Batman!

Ha ha.

Although I never saw this thread before.

It was a good story.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

MajSpike

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 08:59:14 AM »
I used to hate reading. I think my displeasure came from some unfortunate book my class read while in third grade. It was such a story as to turn off any 9 year old boy from reading for good, I think. Somehow it seems I must have slipped through the cracks by avoiding a sinister scheme by the anti-book community and came back to reading. I think I owe my renewed love for reading to Robert Jordan and, by extension, Brandon Sanderson. The wonderful worlds of words they have created have proved to be the antidote to my ills.

So, here's to you, Brandon. You saved my brain from rotting away completely and maybe if I had come around a little sooner this post would be a little nicer on everyone's eyes.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 04:25:55 AM »
I only recently heard of Mr. Sanderson's work from a friend online who recommended the Mistborn trilogy to me, and after just finishing the first book (WoA comes in the mail tomorrow :) ), I can honestly say I haven't read a book like this in a LONG time.

The world he crafted, the characters he created, even the original and unique magic system, everything in it kept me on the edge of my seat and wanting more. It truly is a testament to the skill he has.

I've been reading books for as long as I can remember. My high school English teachers hated me because I had always read the books they were assigning beforehand, thus was able to answer every question. They didn't like that for some reason.  ;)

Already have Elantris on order and HoA on pre-order. :)

Keep up the fantastic work!