Author Topic: Rashek's hatred not misplaced  (Read 9456 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: Rashek's hatred not misplaced
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 01:48:29 AM »
A point. If Rashek is insisting that the HoA has to be someone of Pure Terris Blood, it's possible Kwaan told him. Possible, mind you; Kwaan is the one who said Alendi was the Hero.

I think, in the third book, that Sazed will end up being the HoA that saves the day at the end. Alendi quotes some of the prophesies, and I find it amusing that Sazed fits those descriptions. the headings on Chapters 8 and 21:

He shall defend their ways, yet violate them. He will be their savior, yet they shall call him heretic. His name shall be Discord, yet they shall love him for it.

The Hero of Ages shall not be a man, but a force. No nation may claim him, no woman shall keep him, and no king may slay him. He shall belong to none, not even himself.

Crazy idea.

Not at all.  Have you noticed the many mentions of how tall Sazed is (especially in Mistborn 1)?  It's strongly implied that the original versions of the prophecies (not the ones modified by Ruin to make them fit Vin) predicted his height.
I honestly think it's going to be Elend.  Especially when you consider Sazed's interpretation of height not necessarily being physical height.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 02:09:45 AM »
What about the part of pure terris blood? Unless he was a Hemalurgist... ;)
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 03:37:37 AM »
Ruin didn't modify the prophecies themselves to make them fit Vin, he modified Kwaan's Steel Plate. There's a HUGE difference there. The prophecies themselves could say whatever they want, and it wouldn't matter at all. All it says is that Kwaan was "Struck by Alendi's height," Not that it is prophesied that the hero will be tall. So we really don't have any physical characteristics of the hero to go on.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

JCHancey

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 05:08:53 AM »
I swear it said somewhere in WoA that the hero would tower over others.. maybe it was just one of the descriptions from Kwaan. Ruin also didn't modify Kwaan's steel plate, just Sazed's copy of it.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 05:25:21 PM »
Quote from: Kwaan's Steel Plate + Sazed's Rubbing

10 Alendi’s height struck me the first time I saw him. Here was a man who towered over others, a man who – despite his youth and his humble clothing – demanded respect.

10 Alendi’s height struck me the first time I saw him. Here was a man who was small in stature, but who seemed to tower over others, a man who demanded respect.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

JCHancey

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 07:23:31 PM »
Quote from: Kwaan's Steel Plate + Sazed's Rubbing

10 Alendi’s height struck me the first time I saw him. Here was a man who towered over others, a man who – despite his youth and his humble clothing – demanded respect.

10 Alendi’s height struck me the first time I saw him. Here was a man who was small in stature, but who seemed to tower over others, a man who demanded respect.

That's the one

Oh and I don't know why this is bugging me but didn't Ruin just modify Sazed's rubbing of the plate? Don't have the book on me but at the end of WoA isn't he comparing them and noticing the differences, and towards the end the rubbing is what changes and talks about the holy first witness?

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 07:45:56 PM »
Yes, Ruin modified Sazed's rubbing of the plate. I've sent the compilation of both the original and the modified version to the email on you're profile. So now you can compare to your hearts desire!

JCHancey

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 04:08:00 AM »
Sweet! Thanks

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 01:53:29 AM »
Oh Andrew I keep forgetting, but I'd like some of those compilations, if it's ok with you.

I really like the idea f Sazed being the hero!  And that part about no woman can claim him!  Given that translated, it's probably gender neutral, niether Vin or Elend can be the hero, the have eachother!
And Ruin didn't manipulate everything, he didn't have the time or the power too, remember how Twyndil was able to find things that contradicted the things ruin changed in the rubbing, like the hero being tall, and this came from the logbook too!
WOW, I can't get over it, Sazed does fit it all perfectly!
But then why is Vin so powerful, and why can she draw on the mist...  So many Questions!
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 03:18:20 PM »
well if no woman can claim him, its very obviously not Vin... ::)
and actually yes many of the prophecies fit Sazed perfectly. i forget, is he tall, short, or average?
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 04:54:31 PM »
Well, technically speaking, unless Vin is lesbian, no woman could claim her either. Since we know she's not lesbian, problem solved.

Where is this no woman can claim him thing coming from? I don't recall anything of the sort.

Coma, files sent.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 06:31:44 PM »
Well, technically speaking, unless Vin is lesbian, no woman could claim her either. Since we know she's not lesbian, problem solved.

Where is this no woman can claim him thing coming from? I don't recall anything of the sort.

Coma, files sent.
I also don't remember that.

xP  HaHa  Vin a lesbian!  That really makes me laugh.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 06:53:26 PM »
No woman shall keep him. Chapter 21 heading of Final Empire (logbook). I quoted it on page 1 of this thread.

I'd like a copy of those compilations too. :D Please.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 07:56:51 PM »
and actually yes many of the prophecies fit Sazed perfectly. i forget, is he tall, short, or average?

He's tall.  It's one of the first things Vin notices about him; it's due to his status as both a eunuch and a Terrisman.  It is mentioned several times in MB1.  With many of the other Terrismen and -women dead, he may well stick out as one of the tallest people around.

It's also one of the things that really got me thinking about him as a possibility  :).  The "no woman may claim him" bit seems to work in a perverse sort of way as well.
Nature hates being reified.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 08:57:10 PM »

He's tall.  It's one of the first things Vin notices about him; it's due to his status as both a eunuch and a Terrisman.  It is mentioned several times in MB1.  With many of the other Terrismen and -women dead, he may well stick out as one of the tallest people around.

It's also one of the things that really got me thinking about him as a possibility  :).  The "no woman may claim him" bit seems to work in a perverse sort of way as well.
As gruesome and cruel as that is, I'd have to agree that it fits.

I however, more like the idea of Elend being the true Hero, although he has been claimed by a woman.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。