• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Wall-E
« on: July 08, 2008, 04:44:43 AM »
Seems there isn't a topic yet.

We just went to see this today and absolutely loved it. I got teary-eyed several times.

Though what keeps it from being a perfect movie in my judgment is the inconsistent depiction of human beings. I understand the reasons for it, but my disbelief just can't be suspended on this point. It brought me out of the movie.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
Re: Wall-E
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 03:43:34 PM »
I took my two-year-old and four-year-old to this, and I was amazed that they both sat through the entire thing. I really liked it.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Obi

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 02:08:23 AM »
I guess I'm here to say I agree. ^^;

I loved the movie, and had a great time watching it.  It was funny and sad and cute and all those things a great Pixar movies should be.  And I loved the little 16-bit (is it 16... I feel like a n00b...) characters during the credits!  We stayed and watched them all.

I agree that the humans were weird.  It took me out of the movie every time I saw a human character because they were shown in two different ways.   I just sat there and wondered "why are they different?" as the movie went on without me.  o.O; 

But yeah, it was awesome.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 02:13:31 AM »
It's a great movie.

It has to be the most optimistic and happy post-apocalyptic movie I have ever seen.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.