Author Topic: Brandon Sanderson Wiki  (Read 2091 times)

Shadowkiller

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Brandon Sanderson Wiki
« on: October 29, 2008, 07:01:06 PM »
Hey guys.   I hail from Shadowburn which is a series of websites dedicated to Robert Jordan and a Webcomic based on WoT called WoTNow?   I host the sistersite to WoTNow? called BurntOut but was originally a site dedicated to a WoT RPG game Children of the Dragon and we together host a set of forums.   Unfortunately Burnout, the author WoTNow?, hasn't been around in a while and I haven't made any serious effort on my webcomic either(Though perhaps intervention by the great EUOL himself could bring Burnout back) so the websites haven't been doing too hot.   But I have recently started a Wiki on my site.   I started to put together a section about Brandon Sanderson and his books but I have precious little time and our forum goers are dwindling.   I was hoping you guys could help me flesh out this section with BIO info on BS, spoiler free and spoiler ridden reviews of his books, and perhaps summaries and anything else you guys would be willing to help with.   I plan to do some delving into his magic systems as well but it won't help if I'm the only one working it.   What do you all think, could you help a brother out?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon Sanderson Wiki
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »
There is also a wiki over at mistbornempire.com, but you have to apply to get editing access.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shadowkiller

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 08:12:37 PM »
*sigh*   So much for trying to do something original.   Nobody is going to repeat work.   Thanks anyway.

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 12:21:22 AM »
Hey Shadowkiller!

Don't know if you remember me...it's been years but it's Wolfsister.  If you don't remember me, that's fine too!  I think I wandered into your realm as part of a Plaid Ajah plot...considering the amount of alcohol involved, it only makes sense to forget!

Shadowkiller

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 01:22:55 AM »
Heh, of course I remember :).   You should come by and join the new forums.   Everyone here who likes RJ and WoT should come join our forums :D.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 02:21:21 AM »
Hey Ook it isnt hard to get editing access to mistbornempire's wiki. All you have to do is show an interest and write something that would add to the wiki and they will give you full access. I think I wrote a bio on Spook and they hooked me up that same day. Unfortunately I havnt contributed since but I do plan on writing some more stuff out for them.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Shadowkiller

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 03:09:01 PM »
Well on the plus side, my wiki wants to focus on all things BS related and you can sign up without authorization :).   Its just not as pretty.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 03:50:56 PM »
I'll tell you what, anything I write for their wiki I will be happy to post on your wiki aswell. Im not picky its all about getting the info out there and supporting Brandon so why not right. Whats the link to the wiki?
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Shadowkiller

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 04:03:28 PM »
There's a link at the top with the words 'a section about Brandon Sanderson.'

But just in case, www.burntoutcomic.com/wiki/index.php?title=Brandon_Sanderson.

There isn't a whole lot there though I have started working on my Metals table.   Essentially I will get everything there eventually as I plan to do it with or without help, it will just take a lot longer on my own than with help :).

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 04:59:52 AM »
I have some Q&A snippets plundered which further explain the metals...I'll gladly pitch in with that if needed/desired!

I have read Mistborn, Elantris and Warbreaker drafts 1 through 6.1

Shadowkiller

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 07:48:24 AM »
Wonderful, I see you already made some additions.   Thank you.   I also welcome help with the metals.   I'll hopefully do some work on them tomorrow.

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 09:46:45 PM »
I beg that you smack me if I make the place too messy with unwritten articles (they're not going to go anywhere for a few days...but the links sort of need to be there to set a path).

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 02:00:16 AM »
Update:  I totally apologize for really short articles and insane amounts of temp pages only to be cut out for redirects.  I'm really MUCH better at editing already semi-formed wikis.

Hopefully I'm not doing more harm than good!

Shadowkiller

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 08:20:03 AM »
Believe me, the work you've done is great so far.   I've been keeping an eye on things.  Maybe it will encourage other people to take part.