Author Topic: Escape to the planet of the Superfly Night Crew  (Read 16325 times)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
Re: Escape to the planet of the Superfly Night Cre
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2005, 05:14:40 AM »
Charming--I solemnly promise not to give you a lecture.  You know I'm kidding when I make fun of you, right?  If you're serious about this, then I won't mock it.  
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 05:16:36 AM by MsFish »
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2005, 05:15:57 AM »
Jeffe--Haha.  I was *joking*, punk.  

I don't really think you're vain.  

Though you apparently think I'm a loony.  And a stalker.  And creepy.  And a weirdo... :'(
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 05:17:05 AM by MsFish »
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2005, 05:17:58 AM »
Okay, well I don't mean just live out in the wilderness, I mean be king of that wilderness.  No government, no big cities, just out living with the wolves doing whatever I want.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2005, 05:19:12 AM »
Like I said... Alaska...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2005, 05:19:15 AM »
Why do you want that?

(I'm being sincere here.  Not criticizing you.)

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2005, 05:22:11 AM »
I don't know, just more my style.  One man can't conquer the world anymore.  I'm talking about a kind of time when one man could.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2005, 05:22:49 AM »
You'd be a perfect candidate for sailing around the world too...

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2005, 05:23:37 AM »
You'd be a perfect candidate for sailing around the world too...

I'd need to get my sea legs first, arrgh!

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2005, 05:25:57 AM »
You can still conquer the world, you just have to conquer it in pieces.  

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2005, 05:26:44 AM »
Ooooh, sailing around the world would be so cool....

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2005, 05:28:54 AM »
You can still conquer the world, you just have to conquer it in pieces.  

Hmm, maybe.  I'd need more convincing.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2005, 05:29:54 AM »
Haha, okay.  Let me try.  Don't tell me I'm totally wrong if I can't explain it right on the first try though, okay?

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2005, 05:30:16 AM »
One day,... course you have to be well armed too...
Too many pirates in the pacific... but If I ever get a boat big enough to try, you guys are invited...

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2005, 05:34:38 AM »
You think pirates would be a problem in trying to sail around the world?  Kind of makes sense for the open seas to be the most lawless place left, but its also so big.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2005, 05:35:32 AM »
I think that the whole reason we're here on this earth is to conquer the world, in a way.  For me right now, the world I'm trying to conquer is the things I tell myself that keep myself from being the person I want to be, and from doing the things I want to do.  So everyday I get up is an adventure; how am I going to get one step closer to being in control of my life today?  How am I going to become a little better at writing, a little kinder, and a little more in control of the depression?  And everyday I step forward or backward.  This has been a huge month, LOTS of forward steps and very few backward.  

Now, you're probably thinking that this isn't what you're talking about at all, and maybe it isn't, but I think the principle is the same with everything.  You can't go out and conquer the whole world.  But you can conquer a piece of it--be it a piece of land or a personal challenge, or whatever.   And no government in the world can help you or stop you, because it all comes from yourself.  

And I think, for me, part of that conquering has been those times when I've gotten to lift somebody else up--to conquer the world for them when they couldn't do it for themselves.  That's when it's most worthwhile, I think.  Those are the pieces that matter most to me.  

I don't think I'm explaining this very well--at least not in the sense that I'm connecting it back to what you meant, very well.  But I understand what you were talking about, I think, and it connects in my head....