Author Topic: Lightsong (Blog Post Reference)  (Read 8395 times)

Obi

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lightsong (Blog Post Reference)
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 09:41:23 PM »
I know everyone else said this already, but I loved Lightsong.  He is by far my favorite character in Warbreaker, and I always looked forward to his sections of the book.  I thought he was hilarious, and if one of his jokes weren't great, the other character's reaction to it was.  If that means my sense of humor is lacking, then I'll accept that and join Lightsong's lame joke club. ;D  I think the balance between humor and seriousness is great, because honestly, some people can seem cheerful and funny even when they're seriously conflicted.  It's one way to deal with it, and I think it really works  for his character.  I wouldn't change it, but that's your choice, isn't it.  ;)

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2008, 04:06:09 AM »
Lightsong was one of the more "real" feeling characters to me. I know that may sound a bit odd, but he didn't take himself too seriously, was willing to point out his own flaws in character, as well as others, and his humor was one of the most enjoyable parts about his sections. Some slight tweaking, maybe, but I don't think that there is any major character changes needed with him. His brutal honesty, with everyone involved in his sphere, is refreshing when compared to the games that are played in the palace and other places. I can't think of a specific thing that I would tweak or refine, but if you feel the need to do something to him, that is all that I would suggest. Maybe an overall refinement of his conversation, and interactions, but I am not entirely sure that there is much room for refinement. Even in version 1.0, I enjoyed Lightsong and his sections were the most fun for me. Laugh out loud funny really, so much so that I would have to read a passage to my husband to explain my giggling and laughing.

WriterDan

• Level 11
  • Babble from below, bubbles from above...
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 05:58:12 PM »
How long do we have to respond to this?  Actually hadn't read Warbreaker as of last week and so just recently started it.  Almost 1/3 of the way through.  Would like to comment, but don't want it to come too late.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I review books at Elitist Book Reviews.  Check us out.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2008, 11:43:15 PM »
I think Brandon has already made the decision he was looking for input on here. See the latest blog post.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!